Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 06-01-20, 10:15   #21
dcw123

SIGNED

Shadow was a great step but nowhere near enough.
Too little too late IMO (she should have been at that point at the middle or Rise TBH)

Miss the duals and her wit - self assured attitude.
Strong and independent.. but without it being shoved down outlr throats in cutscenes.. she just.. was

The next game needs to at least include duals and more classic elements (backpack) .. make her grow further so she is confident in her abilities..
Her moveset needs to look more fluid like LAU/classics.

Her animations in Shadow still portray the scared girl learning to survive the island. She needs to move more like a gymnast IMO
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 10:21   #22
RAID

Signed

Petitions don't usually work but it can't help to spare 2 seconds for it...
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 11:17   #23
larafan25

Signed

Last edited by larafan25; 07-01-20 at 00:42.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 11:19   #24
_Seth

I would have signed if you didn't use LAU Lara as a representation of what she used to be, since she's a completely different character in personality, biography, look and how she conducts herself to classic Lara. She's basically a hollow and uncharismatic version of Angelina Jolie Lara, and a parody of what people think classic Lara was but with added mommy issues. You also only mention Lara was rebooted in 2013 when... she wasn't, so I wouldn't want to perpetuate that LAU Lara is classic Lara because unfortunately SE/CD/EM and the general public believe she is.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 12:25   #25
klona
Golden

link removed from reddit xd
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 12:36   #26
Nigel Cassidy

Signed
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 13:58   #27
Alterjano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
SIGNED

Miss the duals and her wit - self assured attitude.
Strong and independent.. but without it being shoved down our throats in cutscenes.. she just.. was

The next game needs to at least include duals and more classic elements (backpack) .. make her grow further so she is confident in her abilities..
Her moveset needs to look more fluid like LAU/classics.
That's exactly what I miss from the older Tomb Raider games. It was this amazing sense of conviviality in personality and a slight hint of caliginosity in character that made Lara so charming and delightful to me. She had this mystifying aura around her that captivated my attention. Now, we all can't have subtlety or nuance these days. So, it's all been replaced by the whole over the top Michael Bay style, Rambo like explosions, sequences and fetishized violence with a Katniss Everdeen rip off of a character in the middle of it all, who looks more like she came out of a 57th Hunger Game, with a grimdark obsession that makes you want to yearn for those halcyon days. Maybe, the next game won't be crafted by the dull visionaries that aspire to be comparable to the lackluster executives in EA-like manufacturing one-stop pop shop studios till they get shut down eventually before leaving their worst hits ahead of their departure like Madden 40000 and Fifa 101292. But, right now, I'm holding on to some semblance of faith without any residual resentment. Sincerely, I hope for things to change, but it's such a shame though, that this franchise got to a perilous stage yet again. Honestly, the only future I see right now for Tomb Raider without going the way of the Dodo is one that desperately needs a revamp or another reboot of sorts.

Last edited by Alterjano; 06-01-20 at 14:14.
Alterjano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 14:04   #28
GabrielCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Petition created, going to share on social media as much as I can. I can't post the link here and I'm not sure if I can share it in PM's, but I will try to be as public as I can for now. Hopefully you find it and sign it if you can.

@tlr online

I won't post the link here at all, but I was wondering if it was acceptable to share in PM. If not then like I said, I won't share in PM either.

Thank you Justin and I hope you have a nice day.

EDIT

Maybe if you guys have a twitter you can let me know your twitter handle via PM and I can tweet the petition to you there.
Thank you once more! Let's wait for @trl_online answer about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I would have signed if you didn't use LAU Lara as a representation of what she used to be, since she's a completely different character in personality, biography, look and how she conducts herself to classic Lara. She's basically a hollow and uncharismatic version of Angelina Jolie Lara, and a parody of what people think classic Lara was but with added mommy issues. You also only mention Lara was rebooted in 2013 when... she wasn't, so I wouldn't want to perpetuate that LAU Lara is classic Lara because unfortunately SE/CD/EM and the general public believe she is.
@_Seth I think you misunderstood it, I'm sorry... I wasn't talk about LAU Lara. That image was just a visual representation. To avoid causing any more mistakes, I changed it for Nicobass' Lara as seen in his TR2 fan remake demo.

As for people signing in this petition, thank you. I know many of us doesn't even have hope at all, but please, let's try to believe a little bit and it will be enough. We all know there's a possibility that this won't work, but on the other hand, there's a possibility it will work. Just take your time to sign, please, it will probably take less than one minute of your time. At least we're trying
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 14:22   #29
Kubsy

Signed

Please bring classic Lara back
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 14:39   #30
LaraFan08

Signed

I eagerly await the queen’s return.
LaraFan08 is offline   Reply With Quote