Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 24-02-21, 23:02   #1241
LateRaider
Inactive

Thanks!

This is a weird question, but I know editing contents of pickups isn't doable just yet. But what I'm wondering is in lieu of that, is an AoD save editor finally feasible? The closest thing we have is the SCU. Getting the dummied dual pistols is really difficult at the present.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 12:22   #1242
tishinna

Anybody has GMX files to make this model work in cutscenes?
tishinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 00:25   #1243
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Thanks!

This is a weird question, but I know editing contents of pickups isn't doable just yet. But what I'm wondering is in lieu of that, is an AoD save editor finally feasible? The closest thing we have is the SCU. Getting the dummied dual pistols is really difficult at the present.
Editing the contents of a pickup is very much possible via just hex editing afaik but the item you pick up will show up as the original item on your inventory even though it will function differently. I am experimenting with this at the moment and hopefully will be able to make it work although I don't see an easy solution for the issue I described.

EDIT: Yes, it is possible. I can release a patch for it for those who are interested although I need suggestions for which items to replace in which levels.

Last edited by reborninshadow; 03-05-21 at 01:26.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 05:32   #1244
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
Editing the contents of a pickup is very much possible via just hex editing afaik but the item you pick up will show up as the original item on your inventory even though it will function differently. I am experimenting with this at the moment and hopefully will be able to make it work although I don't see an easy solution for the issue I described.

EDIT: Yes, it is possible. I can release a patch for it for those who are interested although I need suggestions for which items to replace in which levels.
Omg this is very very interesting!!! So now it's possible to replace a certain pickup in a level with it working properly???

If that's the case I would love to chat with you sometime to determine where the dual pistols should be placed as a pickup. This game deserves to finally have them playable officially.

Also, do you think it's possible to place a certain item into lara's inventory by default in a certain level? (I would love to add the carvier note from werner into lara's inventory in the first level).
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 05:40   #1245
Boobandie

Quote:

That's great! Just replace the Vector pickup in the Louvre with the 'Dual Vectors', and the Scorpion X in the Strahov with their twin versions, and we basically can play the game with Lara getting dual pistols where Core intended. (Scorpion X doesn't really work if you don't buy the other from Luddick, but the game really wants you to do that so it's more 'canon' than not so to speak)

That way they will show up as the correct weapons in the inventory, even though only a single gun is displayed it's a fine compromise. There was only one Pistol/Uzi in her TR4/5 inventory screens.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 07:11   #1246
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Omg this is very very interesting!!! So now it's possible to replace a certain pickup in a level with it working properly???

If that's the case I would love to chat with you sometime to determine where the dual pistols should be placed as a pickup. This game deserves to finally have them playable officially.

Also, do you think it's possible to place a certain item into lara's inventory by default in a certain level? (I would love to add the carvier note from werner into lara's inventory in the first level).
It seems to be working fine from what I tested besides them looking weird in the inventory and yeah you can chat with me to determine the locations

Each object has like a behaviour number from what I understand that decides what it will do when interacted with so you need to find the object you want to replace with a hex editor and just change that number. I can maybe go into detail in the future.

I don't know how placing into inventory works but I'll try to look at levels where the game does that and maybe I'll find something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
That's great! Just replace the Vector pickup in the Louvre with the 'Dual Vectors', and the Scorpion X in the Strahov with their twin versions, and we basically can play the game with Lara getting dual pistols where Core intended. (Scorpion X doesn't really work if you don't buy the other from Luddick, but the game really wants you to do that so it's more 'canon' than not so to speak)

That way they will show up as the correct weapons in the inventory, even though only a single gun is displayed it's a fine compromise. There was only one Pistol/Uzi in her TR4/5 inventory screens.
Those make sense although I need to test what happens if you already have a single Vector and then pick up another single Vector that behaves like the dual ones to see if it causes any issues. I also really wanted to add the dual Vectors again in the Prague section since the game still gives you ammo for and well, we were supposed to have them there also but I don't know a suitable item to replace.

I was also thinking about increasing the number of ammo available for the Vectors which I can possibly do without them looking weird on the inventory to make sure the ammo doesn't run out fast when using the dual ones.
Old 03-05-21, 07:30   #1247
Boobandie

If picking up two vectors at different times causes issues, I'm sure no one will mind if Lara gets them a little early with the initial gun pickup. Like I said, in TR4/5 you can pick up a single Uzi and suddenly she'll have two to use.

I'm not sure where would be most appropriate to give her back her vectors. Core meant for Von Croy's Apartment sure, she has them in the cutscene with the cleaner. But that's supposed to be her picking up his guns at the end of the level.

It's a shame you cant just spawn them into her inventory when The Monstrum Crime Scene starts.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 10:49   #1248
reborninshadow

Never mind what I said about not being able to fix how they look in the inventory, it seems to be somewhat possible. I was changing values to see what would happen and accidentally changed another item to look like double Vector's in the inventory (text was wrong still though). If I can figure out the right value for it this will be much better.

EDIT: It shows the correct object in the inventory now like I said but the text is still the same as before. Changing the dart gun like I did in the video for example now shows Dual Vectors in the inventory but text is for the dart gun still.

Last edited by reborninshadow; 03-05-21 at 11:09.
Old 03-05-21, 11:08   #1249
TRJTA

Quote:
Never mind what I said about not being able to fix how they look in the inventory, it seems to be somewhat possible. I was changing values to see what would happen and accidentally changed another item to look like double Vector's in the inventory (text was wrong still though). If I can figure out the right value for it this will be much better.
Yessss keep digging!

I feel like giving Lara the duals at a most logical consistent time would be the best. The first time we actually see the duals in the game is during the Louvre cutscene where Kurtis removes the duals from Lara's holsters. So for consistency she should get the second pistol/the duals pickup before that cutscene.
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 12:19   #1250
Heartache

oh god this is so exciting to read. hopefully this will pay off.
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote