Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 11-08-19, 21:31   #91
AkyV

@everyone:
Trigger's Remark/Trigger's Help are usually important for my plugins for some additional info.
As far as I know you couldn't find this feature (yet) in Tomb Editor.
So, if you want to see this info using Tomb Editor, then:
- open the trigger in NGLE, and see Set Trigger Type panel, or
- see the TXT file, part of the plugin document, having TRG extension.

edit:
If TE handles plugins actually. I forgot it, probably not yet...

Last edited by AkyV; 11-08-19 at 23:22.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-19, 11:04   #92
MarlenaCrystal

Hello AkyV,

I'm using both of your plugins and they are a great addition with very cool features.

I wanted to use the switch sequence feature of your second plugin, but it doesn't work right.
I first tried with a modified 'Big Push Button' (with an additional reset animation), the sequence with three switches was working so far. The right order started the desired trigger group and all wrong orders played the reset animation once. But after the wrong orders the switches weren't usable anymore, so I thought that it would might be a hardcoded issue, cause the Big Push Button was not intended to be reset.

So I tried again with small push buttons. I had to try out a little bit with the OCB of the opposite StateIDs, but they finally worked as they should, but again not for the reset thing. The reset animation is looping infinitely and, as you might assume, they are useless from that point on.

I also read, that this feature was only tested with the lever switches, so it might work only for them...?

Maybe others had this issue, too and have a solution or something?
MarlenaCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-19, 19:52   #93
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlenaCrystal View Post

I also read, that this feature was only tested with the lever switches, so it might work only for them...?
Hello, Marlena!

Exactly what I wrote is:

Quote:
the F600 setup was successfully tested only in the LEVER_SWITCH slot!
Which means I also tested with other switch types but only it worked.
I suppose I expand this setup later in the future for other switches, but for the time being I am almost fully convinced that only lever switch is useable yet...
Old 22-08-19, 19:34   #94
MarlenaCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Which means I also tested with other switch types but only it worked.
I suppose I expand this setup later in the future for other switches, but for the time being I am almost fully convinced that only lever switch is useable yet...
Ah, so it was a misunderstanding of that sentence on my side.
At least now I know, that it's useless to spend more hours on trying out. :b

It would be great and I think many others beside me would appreciate it, if you would make it useable for the other switches someday.
Thank you for your great work!
Old 05-03-20, 22:15   #95
AkyV

My third plugin has been released!

The original post has been changed. See there for the details.
Old 06-03-20, 15:12   #96
MarlenaCrystal

Oh yes! Thank you very much for your amazing work! The new plugin sounds so great, especially the reloading feature! I haven't downloaded it yet, but I will definitely use that feature in the near future.
Old 06-03-20, 16:15   #97
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlenaCrystal View Post
Oh yes! Thank you very much for your amazing work! The new plugin sounds so great,
Wow, thanks, Marlena!

Quote:
especially the reloading feature!
The feature is workable but a bit lame without reloading animations. You just hit a key for an immediate reload, which is only a moment stop while firing.
On the other hand, reloading animations make it a really nice feature, but you need a good animator (maybe yourself ) who makes them.

Quote:
I haven't downloaded it yet, but I will definitely use that feature in the near future.
Yes, I heavily suggest it.
Old 07-03-20, 12:43   #98
sampiza

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
My third plugin has been released!

The original post has been changed. See there for the details.
Another one nice, your plugins are great.
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 02:05   #99
adngel

About the reloads animations, could I ask some info?

These animations how do they start and where do they end? with Lara weapon "idle" or Lara weapon "aiming"?

For example with the guns, shall I start and end the animations with the guns aiming up (like when there are not enemies nearby) or shall they be aiming straight front?.
adngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 10:38   #100
AkyV

Hello! Please read the descriptions both for the trigger and the script, it is told there. Anyway, the animations starts from/end to the idle hand status, because they are always started/ended from/to idle animations, like (but not only) Anim103 (naturally with guns also extracted). (I know you can aim even in Anim103, so the reason is a bit more complicated than that.)
We discussed it with others previously, this can be considered as a feature, because you are compelled to hide in a gun fight, where you need to perform the idle animation without hurts to reload, the game experience is better.
On the other hand, it is a bit exhausting (as a level builder), because you need an animation not only for each weapon, but inside that, even for different animation states, like from idle standing to idle standing, from idle crouching to idle crouching etc. - maximum three situations like that for each weapon.
As you can see, I used Lara object's animation for the base of the reload animations. Anyway, I had no other choice, I was not able to use the weapon object's animations as a base, the code seems really hard to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampiza View Post
Another one nice, your plugins are great.
Thanks!

Last edited by AkyV; 08-03-20 at 11:06.