Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 07-01-14, 20:41   #81
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrich17901 View Post
Don't like it? Stay out of the AOD section, easy.
Agreed!
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 22:28   #82
jackraider
Inactive

^
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 09:39   #83
Gia_

So back on topic..

I tried to enter the door like Aurimas said, without cheats and it worked. Don't know if any of you want to see proof on video. I can upload it if someone wants to see it.

Edit: does someone know how to get in the part of the ending cutscene in the Monstrum Crimescene level?

Last edited by Gia_; 08-01-14 at 09:42.
Gia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 10:10   #84
Aurimas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_ View Post
So back on topic..

I tried to enter the door like Aurimas said, without cheats and it worked. Don't know if any of you want to see proof on video. I can upload it if someone wants to see it.

Edit: does someone know how to get in the part of the ending cutscene in the Monstrum Crimescene level?
I think there is no need to make a video.

Why do you want to get in that cutscene? I actually would like to get in Cabal meeting cutscene. Maybe we would find Luther Rouzic there hidden as there is an entry about him is in ACTOR file and I did not check characters and their textures in cutscenes.

Last edited by Aurimas; 08-01-14 at 10:26.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 10:47   #85
Gia_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
I think there is no need to make a video.

Why do you want to get in that cutscene? I actually would like to get in Cabal meeting cutscene. Maybe we would find Luther Rouzic there hidden as there is an entry about him is in ACTOR file and I did not check characters and their textures in cutscenes.
Because I wanna see if this area was meant to be playable. There were also rumors about Monstrum Crimescene being bigger than it's supposed to be. Oh yes I also want to go there! But since I have no clue how.. Did you ever got into any cutscene area? Except for those obvious ones like after Industrial Rooftops, Carviers Apartment etc.
Old 08-01-14, 14:40   #86
Aurimas
Inactive

Quote:
Because I wanna see if this area was meant to be playable. There were also rumors about Monstrum Crimescene being bigger than it's supposed to be. Oh yes I also want to go there! But since I have no clue how.. Did you ever got into any cutscene area? Except for those obvious ones like after Industrial Rooftops, Carviers Apartment etc.
Maybe The Monstrum Crimescene was meant to be something like Parisian Ghetto. .snake. said that "perhaps there was meant to be more exploration of Prague's city and visiting this Library". He meant the library from Visa commercial video that is Prague City Archives. Lara Croft would have probaly met Luther Rouzic there. Furthermore, there are many locked doors in that level that cannot be oppened. This gives suspicion. I have never got into cutscene that is a seperate GMX file. However, I believe people like sasho648 and/or click4dylan know how to do it. The problem is that they are not interested to help anymore. I have tried to contact them both regarding ripping back GMX files so that we could have day in The Monstrum Crime Scene on PC release and other things but they do not talk.
Old 08-01-14, 17:22   #87
Gia_

Quote:
Maybe The Monstrum Crimescene was meant to be something like Parisian Ghetto. .snake. said that "perhaps there was meant to be more exploration of Prague's city and visiting this Library". He meant the library from Visa commercial video that is Prague City Archives. Lara Croft would have probaly met Luther Rouzic there. Furthermore, there are many locked doors in that level that cannot be oppened. This gives suspicion. I have never got into cutscene that is a seperate GMX file. However, I believe people like sasho648 and/or click4dylan know how to do it. The problem is that they are not interested to help anymore. I have tried to contact them both regarding ripping back GMX files so that we could have day in The Monstrum Crime Scene on PC release and other things but they do not talk.
I think I read in the 10th anniversary interview that Rouzic was meant to be in the Scrapyard level. I'm not sure because I can't check it right now. But to be honest I think that this ex employee (forgot his name) is not a good source because there were so many different plans that they are confused themselves about how the game was supposed to be..
Old 09-01-14, 01:05   #88
Aurimas
Inactive

Quote:
I think I read in the 10th anniversary interview that Rouzic was meant to be in the Scrapyard level. I'm not sure because I can't check it right now. But to be honest I think that this ex employee (forgot his name) is not a good source because there were so many different plans that they are confused themselves about how the game was supposed to be..
I personally think that many answers in that interview may be wrong. As they had many different plans and Adrian Smith worked on the game 10 years ago he may not remembered everything correctly. I personally rely on those who got material from Murti Schofield more.

By the way, another interesting thing about The Monstrum Crime Scene is that when I ripped PRAGUE1.GMX files maps names go like this 18112e10-.map, 18112e11-.map and 18112e16-.map. I wonder if why after 11 it is 16, not 12.
Old 09-01-14, 01:19   #89
Boobandie

Quote:
I personally think that many answers in that interview may be wrong. As they had many different plans and Adrian Smith worked on the game 10 years ago he may not remembered everything correctly. I personally rely on those who got material from Murti Schofield more.

By the way, another interesting thing about The Monstrum Crime Scene is that when I ripped PRAGUE1.GMX files maps names go like this 18112e10-.map, 18112e11-.map and 18112e16-.map. I wonder if why after 11 it is 16, not 12.
There were supposed to be shops in Prague like there were in Paris so that Lara could buy and sell items. Perhaps those are the missing maps.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-14, 01:56   #90
jackraider
Inactive

I remember reading that the pawn shop was going to be further developed. It was going to be used to buy/trade weapons, similar to a resident evil 4's merchant. I'm guessing there was going to be a pawn shop of sorts in Prague as well? Also, the herb shop was originally going to be a shop to purchase medipack / first aids and other health items. I'm pretty sure the candy bar was a last minute afterthought (almost a deliberate joke from CORE). I'm guessing randomly placed health and weapon pickups were also an afterthought because Eidos was pressuring them to release. Sounds pretty cool if you ask me. Imagine storing up on weapons and items before entering a tomb. It would have made the tombs feel more realistic (no medipack or shotgun perfectly placed at random). I remember reading that the whole Parisian ghetto was going to serve as a main hub for the majority of the game. It wasn't even half way developed thats why when AOD was released this section was basically in one of its alpha stages or so it felt like it. The character dialog trees in these sections might have been a bit deeper as well where it would effect story and characters. Also, the "I feel stronger" crap was thrown in last minute as well. Originally, Lara would gradually become stronger the more you used a move. For example, the more time you spent swimming over the course of the game the more faster she'd swim. The more you used sprint the more you would develope her sprinting skills. I don't remember the source, but I think maybe it was the Official PlayStation magazine. Also, gathering money was going to be further developed as well. For example, Lara could find a old vintage comic in the dumpster and pawn it. Also, in the fight ring at the church Lara would be able to bet on fighters ( part of this was still included although useless) and maybe even fight them because I read this is where players where going to learn the fighting controls. The randomly placed money was odd. Parisian Ghetto felt like the most incomplete section in the entire game. Also, I think Janice and the drug dealer were meant to have bigger roles in this section. I remember this game was widely anticipated at the time and EIDOS advertised the @$#% out of it in print and video commercials from Visa to G4. I remember getting stuck at the pawn shop explosion and the Wrath boss in Hall of Seasons for the longest time. Also, got stuck at climbing to the hall of season boss! but I remember that part being a pretty cool moment. The climbing in this game was cool. Great animations. I'll give it that.

Last edited by jackraider; 09-01-14 at 02:12.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote