Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 05-10-19, 17:03   #1
larafan25

Default Lara's personality and attitude

All of the AOD dialogue options are valid parts and expressions of Lara's character, that's the argument.

Agree? Disagree?
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-19, 17:30   #2
Tomb Raidering

Optional or not, they reflected her personality (and mind) at the time. She had been through a rough experience (The Last Revelation) and was framed for her childhood mentor’s murder, it doesn’t matter if they were rivals or not, it surely would have affected her. The player chooses to whether use that one rude dialogue or not, but Lara herself thinks about saying it or not...

So yes, it is a unique part of AoD Lara... ^.^
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-19, 19:09   #3
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
All of the AOD dialogue options are valid parts and expressions of Lara's character, that's the argument.

Agree? Disagree?
I Agree.

Lara's IMO always had a "Which way suits me" attitude about how she acts and at least to me, most of the rude options are early into the game, which is just after she's on the run from Von Croy's murder, so while yes she normally wouldn't act like this, she's under alot more stress than usual.

I can say in personal experience that being already annoyed befor ea conversation kinda makes you a bit of an ass sometimes, I can only imagine how much a situation like Lara's could do to someone.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 15:42   #4
JoelCaesar

After experiencing being trapped in a Pyramid, being on the run for murder and sleeping in a train near some homeless. Yeah, you would be a bit pissed off. Lara only sleeps once briefly in TRAOD (Unless she sleeps on her way to Prague - Muller's sleeping gas doesn't count!).
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 18:23   #5
Kapu

Agree. Lara's a bit of a loose cannon in the classics - often calm and collected, but occasionally hot headed and reckless. Most of the dialog options in AOD go one of those ways, you just get to pick which Lara we're dealing with.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 04:38   #6
TRhalloween

I think so. Though it shows that Lara can be wrong e.g. Lara acts rude and gets shot.
TRhalloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 05:07   #7
Kapu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRhalloween View Post
I think so. Though it shows that Lara can be wrong e.g. Lara acts rude and gets shot.
lmao act rude = get shot. life lessons
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 08:59   #8
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
lmao act rude = get shot. life lessons
Rude to an underground gang boss, yes.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 13:25   #9
Grimaldi

Valid to the AoD interpretation of her character, yes, but as an unpopular opinion, I think she’s out of character regardless. Lara’s temperament was cool and calculated, she hardly ever resorted to biting comments - quite the contrary, one of her first lines was flirty. She could be impressionable, even if it was just to get what she wanted.

While I appreciate there are reasons for her personality change, some didn’t make it into the game and the ones that are there don’t make much sense. The plane crash when she barely started her career didn’t transform her into a condescending, cynical person so I don’t understand why a cave-in would, or why she wrongly accuses Von Croy of leaving her behind, or why his death even bothers her that much when she hardly liked him. I know there was supposed to be an element of the tribe that rescued her being slaughtered, but that’s just not in the game.

So, I disagree.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 14:07   #10
Maverin

I don't think she behaved like a b*tch to be honest. She just didn't have any time or desire to fool around. She's being chased nonstop. And as far as I know she only acts cruel to those of whom she knows they're scum anyway.

She's friendly towards Janice for example, a little further in the conversation.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote