Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 18-10-19, 13:04   #18031
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Yeah but they're sorta static in that usually, you never find hidden crawlspaces like in TR3, if you go up/down, there's usually just that one specific climbing way, there's no alternate paths that involve climbing the other way or just going straight ahead.
At times, there are. When the plane crashes into the village in TR2013, it opens up two new sections of the map that create different options in how to reach previous areas, whether it be through climbing or creating rope bridges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz
And you just flat-out have no good exploration, TR3 River Ganges had an entire secret platforming section leading to a save crystal and ammo at the very start and there's nothing even close to that in 2013/Rise.
There is actually. You can find a secret passage connecting the Geothermal Valley and Flooded Archives you can only access using the broadhead arrows, which the game doesn’t tell you about, that has supplies and a mural, so it’s necessary for 100%, but completely missable.

Similarly, the tower at the end of the Acropolis features a grate that opens only after the battle is over. Beneath it is a secret tunnel with currency and a document to find.

Baba Yaga also has a pretty tricky timed bit of platforming to reach its final document in a hidden alcove.

There’s also the nice touch of hiding a crypt behind the valley’s waterfall, which was so naturally hidden I found it by mistake while experimenting with what I could platform to.

Admittedly, 2013 isn’t as interestingly designed, but I’d argue collecting things in places like the Shantytown were fun. You had to platform and climb up the old towers and find all the nooks and crannies hiding relics and caches.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-19, 19:21   #18032
MBog

The 8th Tomb Slot thread closed when we were so close to get it to 800 posts

There was a myth when that day comes, the coming soon shall dissappear.
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-19, 19:27   #18033
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
The 8th Tomb Slot thread closed when we were so close to get it to 800 posts

There was a myth when that day comes, the coming soon shall dissappear.
It’s all the witch’s doing to sabotage our union with the DLC8. We shouldn’t give up. To the Definitive Edition thread then... jk :P
________

The 8th Tomb Slot thread is open again...

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 18-10-19 at 19:42.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 02:38   #18034
Daft Raider
Inactive

Ok but the Radio tower + plane crash sections of reboot are absolutely A++++

God I love that section of the game. The scene at the top of the tower always give me butterflies, you feel so accomplished and happy.

The plane crash section is a little goofy, because where did that big ass plane plan on landing anyway? There’s no Yamatai Airport But anyway, it’s still a really cool sequence. Also the little slide that Lara does in one of the collapsing cliff side houses is such a small moment, but one of my favorites, I wish we seen that animation more often.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 08:57   #18035
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
My favorite sections are scattered around the game. Everything I leave out is, you know = >.<. So here it is:

• From the Mountain Temple stealth section till the Radio tower. Till the Radio tower.

• Solarii Fortress (after rescuing the crew) till Roth’s death.

• Research Base (The General’s Tomb) on the beach till the end....
Old 19-10-19, 15:42   #18036
TrustyBow

TR2013 just has way too many good moments for me to list.

I guess I can understand the complaint that there were too many set pieces, but they were all amazingly done. It also made sense, considering how story heavy the game was, even compared to Rise and Shadow.

If I had to pick a favorite, it'd be a tie between the parachute sequence and escaping the burning temple.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 20:03   #18037
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
My favorite sections are scattered around the game. Everything I leave out is, you know = >.<. So here it is:

• From the Mountain Temple stealth section till the Radio tower. Till the Radio tower.

• Solarii Fortress (after rescuing the crew) till Roth’s death.

• Research Base (The General’s Tomb) on the beach till the end....
All good moments too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
TR2013 just has way too many good moments for me to list.

I guess I can understand the complaint that there were too many set pieces, but they were all amazingly done. It also made sense, considering how story heavy the game was, even compared to Rise and Shadow.

If I had to pick a favorite, it'd be a tie between the parachute sequence and escaping the burning temple.
I wish the parachute sequence was a little longer! That part is fun! The burning temple escape section is so good too! As ridiculous as the reboot is, and as bad as the writing is, I feel like all the set pieces are what make it my favorite out of the reboot trilogy? I think the gameplay is a LOT of fun and there’s a lot of memorable sections in the reboot, Rise and Shadow really lacked memorable set pieces in those games, but maybe it’s just because I’ve replayed those two the least? Idk.

I’m replaying through them again just in time for Shadows DE, so I can replay it with the new outfit, hopefully it’s not ugly, otherwise I might skip it, haha.
Old 20-10-19, 20:06   #18038
jajay119

It’s so small but I quite like the Endurance. I wish we spent more time exploring and platforming round it. I wish they had gone with the flashback sequences too!
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 20:15   #18039
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
It’s so small but I quite like the Endurance. I wish we spent more time exploring and platforming round it. I wish they had gone with the flashback sequences too!
I would have loved if the Endurance was blasted by the Solarii with explosives and caused it to sink, forcing Lara to escape for her life by swimming towards the Cliffside Bunker...
Old 20-10-19, 22:04   #18040
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
YES! Weren’t we suppose to play through the endurance sinking, I remember there being some sort of beginning tutorial level on the Endurance initially. I really hate that they used the Turning Point trailer for the opening, it’s so jarring to open with the CGI and then to go straight into the gameplay, specially on the 360, which is what I’m playing on. (Which imo is the best way to play, besides the PC version, the DE face can rot)