Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 08-05-21, 23:16   #81
khaytsus

Loved being able to play TR1:UB and TR2:G on PSX (using Retroarch), really greatly appreciate all of the work put into this! Both played really well, I have no idea what the original versions looked like and if there were differences but I had no problems at all, played great.

I am a bit confused though; I see mention of Nightmare in Las Vegas in this thread but when I finish Kingdom and kill the angry chicken it just goes through credits, final screen, then loads back to the title screen. Am I missing something, would love to also play Nightmare. I did find 12/12 secrets, no meds, as always Thank you!

Edit: Dang, I did it like.. the third time. Loaded before the angry chicken, killed him, waited for credits.. I swear Nightmare wasn't an option the first two times, now it is! User error I am sure.

Last edited by khaytsus; 08-05-21 at 23:58.
khaytsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 03:08   #82
Blabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
Loved being able to play TR1:UB and TR2:G on PSX (using Retroarch), really greatly appreciate all of the work put into this! Both played really well, I have no idea what the original versions looked like and if there were differences but I had no problems at all, played great.

I am a bit confused though; I see mention of Nightmare in Las Vegas in this thread but when I finish Kingdom and kill the angry chicken it just goes through credits, final screen, then loads back to the title screen. Am I missing something, would love to also play Nightmare. I did find 12/12 secrets, no meds, as always Thank you!

Edit: Dang, I did it like.. the third time. Loaded before the angry chicken, killed him, waited for credits.. I swear Nightmare wasn't an option the first two times, now it is! User error I am sure.
Did you collect all the secrets in the other levels?
Blabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 02:13   #83
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blabber View Post
Did you collect all the secrets in the other levels?
I sadly had this issue too got all secrets all the way and back to the title screen before Nightmare in Vegas. Relevant PAL NTSC ps1 cheats did not work at all for me either. Must be some internal bug
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-21, 20:54   #84
LateRaider
Inactive

hey b122251, lito perezito is working on making TR2 Gold load screens with arsunt. he said you can use it as long as he gets credited. would you be interested in using these?

https://twitter.com/LitoPerezito/sta...19753698549762
https://twitter.com/LitoPerezito/sta...78659409948674

https://twitter.com/LitoPerezito/sta...41511512563713

Last edited by LateRaider; 20-09-21 at 04:21.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-22, 03:43   #85
mizuno_suisei

Deepest apologies for bumping the thread and removing a question I had - I figured out what it was!

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 25-02-22 at 09:36.
Old 03-03-22, 17:53   #86
redfox45

Super happy that I managed to get an Eboot of this working on my PSP but my load file is just crashing the game now.

But I definitely got the Golden Mask fever now.
What's the easiest way to play this on PC these days? I don't suppose it's on steam.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-22, 18:56   #87
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
What's the easiest way to play this on PC these days? I don't suppose it's on steam.
With TR2Main, it allows you to play The Golden Mask under the same directory as TR2. All you require is the GM data files, a couple of which need remaining. Instructions here.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-22, 02:38   #88
redfox45

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
With TR2Main, it allows you to play The Golden Mask under the same directory as TR2. All you require is the GM data files, a couple of which need remaining. Instructions here.
Thankyou
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-22, 01:53   #89
mizuno_suisei

Hey Mr B!

I know you're probably very busy trying to jig up tr3gold to work well no doubts!

I thought I'd let you know though - a friend of mine who has decided to play the gold expansions for the first time, via your ports so far - he came into a glitch that another member had in this thread where, Vegas simply won't be accessible. He collected all secrets so far for certainty but the level did not boot nor did it appear in his load game list. He tried the members fix of (finishing level 4 again) two or more times which apparently fixed it for them thanks to pure chance or luck - but to no avail for my friend when repeating the tries.

He was keen to play the level regardless, so I sent him a quick rom hack enabling all level select from NEW GAME so he can select the level directly and be done with it - but sadly meaning he cant keep his stats so far - not that it's really important in the long run - but I imagine others may come across this issue themselves and, not have a hex editing friend like myself to give them a quick hand with it.

Some comments ago you mentioned a potential version 1.1 release, so I'd consider a fix for this somewhat important

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 27-03-22 at 01:56.
Old 21-04-22, 16:01   #90
mistamontiel

Youch! I jus unlocked Vegas I definitely am backing up save and able to share

A side harmless bug was during the credits roll my ammo counter top-right kept fading in+out with the screens

Last edited by mistamontiel; 21-04-22 at 16:02.
mistamontiel is online now   Reply With Quote