Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 15-09-21, 17:03   #1
Greenapple968

Arrow Untriggered Enemy Sat On An Invisible Snowmobile (Tibetan Foothills)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIGqTd20EQ0

In this level you encounter a total of four enemies riding snowmobiles with built-in machine guns. The first snowmobile enemy spawns when you stand on the spot where the Hut Key is. The second snowmobile enemy spawns near the end of the level, and the other two spawn even closer to the end of the level. The second snowmobile enemy can be skipped out, as it's possible to avoid his trigger spot. However, the enemy is still clearly visible and I demonstrate this in this video. I go over to the untriggered snowmobile enemy and see him sat on an invisible snowmobile; he's sat down as if he's on a snowmobile but no snowmobile can be seen. This doesn't have a useful purpose but I found it a bit amusing, hence why I've done a video on it.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-21, 00:44   #2
fallenangle

Weird and indeed amusing.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-21, 05:03   #3
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
Weird and indeed amusing.
I'm glad you find it amusing.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-21, 12:39   #4
perryloo

That's very interesting. If you are in TR1 and jump over the baddies trigger square using the 'position editor' cheat, you can see the baddie further on, is frozen like a statue. But with TR2 I am sure the baddies are not there until they are spawned by the trigger square. So how come the TR2 snowmobile driver is there frozen, before being triggered

Checking a TR custom game using position editor to jump the trigger squares, to confirm no baddies or dogs seen. They are not spawned until Lara stands on trigger square....

perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-21, 22:19   #5
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
That's very interesting. If you are in TR1 and jump over the baddies trigger square using the 'position editor' cheat, you can see the baddie further on, is frozen like a statue. But with TR2 I am sure the baddies are not there until they are spawned by the trigger square. So how come the TR2 snowmobile driver is there frozen, before being triggered
TR1 has enemies that are triggered in three ways I believe. One where the enemy is static and waiting for the player to walk over the trigger to activate. The other like in TR2 where you walk over the trigger and can just appear out of nowhere. The final one is via switches like in St Francis Folly at the start, where you pull the lever and the gorilla just appears.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote