Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Closed Thread

Old 30-04-20, 18:10   #21
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt_gypsie View Post
Ok, a few more dumb questions. How do you texture something transparent in the TE? Before it was just selecting the black color. Is it the same thing now?

Also, how do you light objects?
Only just found this out myself too hehe

So in FACE EDIT mode - on the toolbar near the bottom there should be an icon named 'invisibility' which looks like an eye.
Click this - then click on a face and it will become see through.

Before I was using the stupid way or selecting a section of a magenta texture for the same effect *facepalm*
Old 30-04-20, 18:25   #22
egypt_gypsie

Thank you! Ok my next question is, how do I enable the horizon I have in my wad?
Old 30-04-20, 18:27   #23
Joey79100

Quote:
Ok, a few more dumb questions. How do you texture something transparent in the TE? Before it was just selecting the black color. Is it the same thing now?
"Same", but in a less hacky way. There's a "transparent" option in the texture mode contextual toolbar (the crossed eye).
If you want to use it to show the horizon, make sure you tick the "Skybox" option in the room properties. In NGLE the option was not there and it was automatic when you had at least one face of the room textured with the black color, but in TE it is not automatic by default. It can be though, there is an option in the editor setting: Editor options > User interface > Automatically enable skybox if invisible texture is applied.

Quote:
Also, how do you light objects?
Double click on it and click on the Static mesh color, or hold Alt and double click on the object to open the color picker directly.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see there was another page.
Quote:
Thank you! Ok my next question is, how do I enable the horizon I have in my wad?
You need to add Horizon= ENABLED in the script of your level.
And to have the Skybox option enabled in the rooms that should show it.

Last edited by Joey79100; 30-04-20 at 18:29.
Old 01-05-20, 13:31   #24
egypt_gypsie

I did all of that. The horizon is in the wad as HORIZON (that's it) and I have the horizon enabled in the script along with skybox checked.

It is still showing up like this.

EDIT: I am using LoreRaider's desert night sky horizon if that makes any difference.
Old 01-05-20, 14:17   #25
LCEF (CA)

Mmmh Interesting, maybe the object is the problem yes ! Even if I put the "ColAddHorizon=ENABLED" like the Readme says, it doesn't work.

I know there in some limitations about horizons, like no transparent textures or something like that, and maybe this horizon use some tricks to have some effect. Teme9's cloudy horizon doesn't work att all too, and It uses transparent textures too to have a smooth gradient between the horizon and the sky layer, for exemple. Maybe TE does not export those as the original editor does ?

Last edited by LCEF (CA); 01-05-20 at 14:21.
Old 02-05-20, 17:15   #26
egypt_gypsie

Thank you to all of the helpful people so far. Another question. How do you make a reasonable looking water texture animation in TE? All I have managed to do is make it pan horizontal, and that looks stupid. How do you make them look like they did in TR2? (I am using the Living Quarters TGA)
Old 02-05-20, 17:23   #27
LCEF (CA)

like frame by frame ?

In the Animated Texture panel, add a new animation with the highest "+" button (animation set). You can give a name if you want. Then select your first frame and click on the "+" just under the first one (frames), it will add one frame. Select the second texture of your animation and click again on the same "+" to add another frame. Do this for all the frames of your water animation
At the bottom of the panel, you can change the framerate of the animation

Last edited by LCEF (CA); 02-05-20 at 17:25.
Old 03-05-20, 03:34   #28
egypt_gypsie

Ok thank you, got that figured out. Now I have a sound issue. I managed to get the foot sounds to work (using TR2 sounds) but the other sound I have added to the XML file (swim) won't work. I also noticed that in the sound tool, it says all of my WAV files are not found in the directory, so I am not sure how the foot sounds are even working.

The TE is detecting my swim sound, it just won't play in-game.

Not sure if it matters, but I am using the FMV Wetsuit Lara outfit.

I've got all sounds in the "Sounds" folder that was created when I created the level in the TombIDE.

Last edited by egypt_gypsie; 03-05-20 at 03:36.
Old 03-05-20, 06:16   #29
TokyoSU

Quote:
Ok thank you, got that figured out. Now I have a sound issue. I managed to get the foot sounds to work (using TR2 sounds) but the other sound I have added to the XML file (swim) won't work.
you not "added" it ?
because you cant add any sound because it's hardcoded by tomb4.exe, you need to change a current sound in the .xml
Old 03-05-20, 07:19   #30
egypt_gypsie

Ok, I understand. I've got the sounds that came with the TR2 sounds download working now. That package is missing the gun related sounds though. Does anyone have the complete ripped catalog of all Lara-related sounds from TR2? I also would appreciate it if anyone could point me to any of the ship WADS from TR2.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the wads. Just need the sounds.

Last edited by egypt_gypsie; 03-05-20 at 07:26.
Closed Thread