Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 23-02-21, 03:53   #14641
Craig Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by adngel View Post
My theory is that it may be being affected by the Classic Inventory plugin. ¿Have you got that plugin in your project too?. O_ò
You were right! This is the circle inventory script I used instead.

Customize= CUST_CINV_AMMO, CINV_ITEM_SHOTGUN, CINV_ITEM_SHOTGUN_AMMO1, 2, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_QUANTITY, CINV_ITEM_SHOTGUN_AMMO1, IGNORE, IGNORE, 2, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by adngel View Post
Once I were done, I'll check how many pages it will actually have and depending of the size (how many mb) then I will decide that. :S
Is there a limit to MB used for diary images?
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 06:31   #14642
adngel

Nothing

Code:
ColorRGB= 16, 255, 200, 96
WindowsFont= 4, 255: Impact, WFF_BOLD + WFF_CENTER_ALIGN + WFF_UNDERLINE+ WFF_UTF8, 48, 16, IGNORE

Parameters= PARAM_WTEXT,100, IGNORE, 4, IGNORE, 200 , 500, 1000, 1000

Diary= 1, QUEST_ITEM6, LDF_TRANSPARENT_BKG+LDF_SOUND_EFFECTS, 40, PL_FIX_WIDE_SCREEN + PL_DOUBLE_PAGE , @Journal_Content.txt, 4, 4

GlobalTrigger= 21, FGT_SINGLE_SHOT, GT_ALWAYS, IGNORE, IGNORE, 138, IGNORE
TriggerGroup= 138, $2000,363,$6427 ; Print NG line 39 with the PARAM_WTEXT, 100
I tried the ID before the font name, I'have test like 5 of them, but I don't notice any change.

I see that if instead of Arial, I put other Windows font like Impact, it yes changes, so the line is in use.

I also notice that in the Screen print text, there are not those symbols  but they remains at the beggining of the diary.

Also I tried with and without the WFF_UTF8, (If I use the WWF_UNICODE, everything appears with asiatic characters, even if I change the value before the font, I neither see different characters with the UNICODE.

With the UTF8, I tried to include a new file named: "my_scripter_constants.txt" with this content:

Code:
<START_CONFIGURATION>
Version=English
Charset=238
PropFont=Impact
FixedFont=Arial
<END>
I don't see any change, if I include that .txt in a level, then the compiler throws me an error at <START_CONFIGURATION> line. So at the moment I left it not included.

Don't know what can be the issue, maybe are not compatible with Tomb Editor?. O_ò

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Michaels View Post
Is there a limit to MB used for diary images?
I read in the information about the command :IF_Preload of the images:

Quote:
Used in Image= command.
Remark: since the bmp images could be very heavy (one MB or more) it's advisable don't exagerate with the number of preloaded images for same level. I suggest to remain in the complessive limit of 15 Mb of preloaded images in same level.
Differently the size of images preloaded in different levels is not cumulative since trng will discard them when a level has been discarded, of course.
So I was taking those 15mb as a reference. Also, that's per level, but in my project, I've got hub levels, player can go around 4 levels, so the images from the diary would be in all of them, and I need more space too for the dialogue portraits, so... I was tryining think in use small images.

Checking some images example:

256x256 - 0,192 mb
640,480 - 0,900 mb
1920x1080 - 5,93 mb

About other data, I read that you can have till 1999 images identified in the level. (If they are small and are enough memory)
adngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 14:31   #14643
Tombraider95

Before I try a different method, I just wanted to check this issue hadn't been solved or if there was an easy work around available. I'm having the exact same issue as described in this thread...

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=216461

After about 10 lines the credits will mess up and only 2 lines appearing at a time with the next 2 lines not appearing until the previous set are off the screen.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 17:29   #14644
AkyV

You mean a plugin feature?
Ehh, I have not been working on it yet. My free time for TR editing means learning TE nowadays.
But I am intended - later...
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 17:41   #14645
Tombraider95

No worries. I just wanted to check there wasn't an easy work around. I'll just have to make do and work something out.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 21:55   #14646
Axell

Hoping someone can help me with this.

I'm trying to activate a set of doors using two different pulleys. However, I want this only to happen when a certain condition is met: when a set of objects have been rotated (using the pulley) to face the North sector of the room. I've managed to get the pulleys to work, as well as the doors to trigger but it seems to be ignoring the trigger group I've set up that places a condition that it must face North.

I also need Lara to pull the pulley twice in order to get the objects to face North... but the doors deactivate once she pulls them a second time. Can anyone help with this?

I've placed an OCB=1 on the pulleys, just because that seems to be the only thing that gets them to work properly (without endlessly getting pulled).

EDIT: I've placed a switch trigger for the pulleys, as well as a flipeffect to trigger the trigger group.

Last edited by Axell; 04-03-21 at 21:56.
Axell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 22:08   #14647
AkyV

I suppose the "north" is a TRNG condition.

Important, that there are two different compasses:
1. TRLE, NGLE, TRNG
2. TE, game

The difference is 90 degrees between them, i.e. a quarter turn, so turn the item "in your mind" with a quarter, to understand the other compass:

- Seeing north in TRLE/NGLE/TRNG, turn clockwise with 90 degrees to get TE/game north. (I.e. TRLE/NGLE/TRNG north = TE/game west.)
- Seeing north in TE/game, turn anticlockwise with 90 degrees to get TRLE/NGLE/TRNG north. (I.e. TE/game north = TRLE/NGLE/TRNG east.)

Last edited by AkyV; 04-03-21 at 22:21.
Old 04-03-21, 22:16   #14648
Axell

Interesting, so I would essentially need two different setups? One for my script, which is TRLE/NGLE/TRNG north = TE/game west and one for my game, which is TE/game north = TE/game east?

I hope I've dissected that correctly.

Would this work with regular trigger groups? Or am I going to need an organiser to get this to work properly?

Thanks AkyV!

EDIT: Thought I'd include my script setup (I'm not even sure I've done it correctly)

Quote:

TriggerGroup= 5, $5000, 474, $36, > ; defining the object with its X ID code you see in Room Editor
$2000, 256, $1D30, > ; put the actual facing into Global Long Alfa (GLA) variable
$8000, 48, $026, > ;if GLA is the number at W0 position of PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS, W0 (must be typed in hexadecimal format now in the trigger code) is 0 in this example
$8000, 48, $127 ;if GLA is the number at W1 position of PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS, W1 (must be typed in hexadecimal format now in the trigger code) is 1 in this example

Parameters= PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS, 0, 1

TriggerGroup= 6, $5000, 524, $36, > ; defining the object with its X ID code you see in Room Editor
$2000, 256, $1D30, > ; put the actual facing into Global Long Alfa (GLA) variable
$8000, 48, $026, > ;if GLA is the number at W0 position of PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS, W0 (must be typed in hexadecimal format now in the trigger code) is 0 in this example
$8000, 48, $127 ;if GLA is the number at W1 position of PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS, W1 (must be typed in hexadecimal format now in the trigger code) is 1 in this example

Last edited by Axell; 04-03-21 at 22:23.
Old 04-03-21, 22:24   #14649
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axell View Post
Interesting, so I would essentially need two different setups? One for my script, which is TRLE/NGLE/TRNG north = TE/game west and one for my game, which is TE/game north = TE/game east?
No, only one setup, but keep the difference in your mind:

"I want this to happen if the object faces NORTH in the game" = "I make a TRNG setup for EAST when the object should face EAST in my NGLE editor", or "I make a TRNG setup for EAST when the object should face NORTH in my TE editor".

(Anyway, you can swap for NGLE/TRNG cardinal points in Editor options of TE.)

EDIT:
Aren't you using my plugin#1? That has an easier Condition for that feature - not hard like that script which you seemingly cut from an old tutorial of mine.

Last edited by AkyV; 04-03-21 at 22:28.
Old 04-03-21, 22:30   #14650
Axell

^ No, not using any plugins unfortunately! ( I did cut it from your old tutorial )

Its been a while since I've been back to TRLE and the forums, so I've missed quite a bit!