www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 13-04-21, 22:19   #251
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
They were working before, it started when I replaced their textures, (because of my problem in the blender thread that they were pixel-art and appeared blurry, so I resized the image. After doing that this problem appeared.)
You have resized your texture to 2480x3508. Don't do that. Maximum texture size supported by TR engine is 256x256 per polygon. If you want pixelated image in your game, disable bilinear filtering in game options.

Last edited by Lwmte; 13-04-21 at 22:20.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 16:38   #252
HaniHeger
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
You have resized your texture to 2480x3508. Don't do that. Maximum texture size supported by TR engine is 256x256 per polygon. If you want pixelated image in your game, disable bilinear filtering in game options.
ohhhhhhhh

thankfully 256x256 doesn't make it blurry like before either, the original texture before must've been like.. 16x16, which would explain my previous issues.. thank you!
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 17:07   #253
Lwmte
Archaeologist

There is a TRNG plugin by ChocolateFan to force pixelated picture without making your textures ridiculously huge. Please use this plugin
Old 16-04-21, 18:01   #254
Richard_trle
Explorer

Hey Lwmte, I'm having issues with trying to load the tr4 to export the wad back to v1

I can't open the tr4 with almost any program except with TrViewer and the bundled tools.

I'm trying to customize Lara Skin using UV mapping then remapping back, but TrViewer distorts the textured objs.

WadMerger would be better, if I had it working
Richard_trle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 18:38   #255
Lwmte
Archaeologist

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=221814
Old 16-04-21, 20:02   #256
Richard_trle
Explorer

So only FexInspect and FexMerge open tr files built with Tomb Editor, with all objects textured correctly

But how to export them to wad or something like that?
Richard_trle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 21:31   #257
Lwmte
Archaeologist

I can't give you clear answer. You can try merging objects from your TE level using FexMerger, but it has its own bugs and could very well mess up textures as well on reexport. You can also try to mess around with WadMerger source code so it reads TR levels correctly.

The problem with that is almost all TR tools were closed-source and their original developers are long gone. No one is here to fix critical issues in file format readout.
Old 21-04-21, 17:37   #258
HaniHeger
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
There is a TRNG plugin by ChocolateFan to force pixelated picture without making your textures ridiculously huge. Please use this plugin
searched but I don't know where to find this plugin hielp
Edit: or actually, I'm up for a way to force the disabling of bilinear filtering, is there any way to be sure that no player would ever play with it on?

Edit2: Found the plugin now lol, it's Plugin_ChocolateFanSetup right? But in its description it says that if forces bilinear filtering?

Last edited by HaniHeger; 21-04-21 at 17:43.
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-21, 18:01   #259
ChocolateFan
Historian

Yes, it can force BF. You just have to use TriggerGroup 1 at the start of your levels.
ChocolateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-21, 14:48   #260
LeelooBastet
Explorer

Hi

I dont find the option to export animatings in obj files , whereas the option is visible for the statics
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote