Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 23-04-14, 13:10   #511
AdenClements
Inactive

Forgive me for sound maybe a little bit dumb, but how does one go about testing this engine out?

I've managed to get into the fly around, using the exe file you provided above, combined with the engine from SourceForge, but how would I actually take control of Lara, per say? :P

Also, on the newest engine version that is on SourceForge, I immediately crash, am I missing something major? ^-^'
AdenClements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-14, 15:01   #512
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdenClements View Post
Forgive me for sound maybe a little bit dumb, but how does one go about testing this engine out?

I've managed to get into the fly around, using the exe file you provided above, combined with the engine from SourceForge, but how would I actually take control of Lara, per say? :P

Also, on the newest engine version that is on SourceForge, I immediately crash, am I missing something major? ^-^'
It's probably not crashing, you just need to edit the cvars in config.lua so that an existing level is being loaded. If the level doesn't exist it will just close automatically with no error messages.

If Lara is in fly mode, just press N on the keyboard.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-14, 15:29   #513
AdenClements
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
It's probably not crashing, you just need to edit the cvars in config.lua so that an existing level is being loaded. If the level doesn't exist it will just close automatically with no error messages.

If Lara is in fly mode, just press N on the keyboard.
It's not closing, it's crashing, and I'm not loading any level, it closes on launch.

Lara's not in fly mode when I use the newer (working) exe, my camera just flies around the map
Old 23-04-14, 15:57   #514
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdenClements View Post
It's not closing, it's crashing, and I'm not loading any level, it closes on launch.

Lara's not in fly mode when I use the newer (working) exe, my camera just flies around the map
There is a var which "freelook" which I believe allows you to have a look around the maps. In one of the source versions it looked like this was automatically enabled through code. The only way to disable it was to use the menu in-game or edit the source directly. I'm not sure if the build you downloaded has the menu intact though but you could probably try edit the config file.

The compiled version i downloaded of SF doesn't have any issues regarding freelook.

I think there should be some version information watermarked to OpenTomb so it's easier to tell where these builds have been downloaded, who compiled them and a version for easier troubleshooting.

It's hard to tell what's going on but did you manage to get a level loading?
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-14, 17:09   #515
AdenClements
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
There is a var which "freelook" which I believe allows you to have a look around the maps. In one of the source versions it looked like this was automatically enabled through code. The only way to disable it was to use the menu in-game or edit the source directly. I'm not sure if the build you downloaded has the menu intact though but you could probably try edit the config file.

The compiled version i downloaded of SF doesn't have any issues regarding freelook.

I think there should be some version information watermarked to OpenTomb so it's easier to tell where these builds have been downloaded, who compiled them and a version for easier troubleshooting.

It's hard to tell what's going on but did you manage to get a level loading?
Yes! I can fly around the level, look at the entities and Lara and fire orbs, but that's it, I've tried pressing a bunch of keys and some command prompts but nothing seems to do much

When I use the SF version, I get this on launch:

Last edited by AdenClements; 23-04-14 at 17:12.
Old 24-04-14, 07:33   #516
Lwmte

New source code with fully-functional soundtrack player is now available on SourceForge!

Until TeslaRus updates binaries on SF, for those who can't compile executable themselves, here is the compiled version. Please note that you also need updated config.lua from this folder (or manually add stream_buffer_size = 128; parameter in audio block).

Also for this version you need new special soundtrack script and all TR1-5 soundtracks in Ogg Vorbis format. I have made a package for you which contains both script and soundtracks - you can download it right here! Instructions are provided inside the archive.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-14, 16:58   #517
AdenClements
Inactive

I still seem to be having issues

The most recent link you just posted instantly crashes out, like before...

This is my setup, with the soundtrack and maps...

Am I missing something?
Old 24-04-14, 19:57   #518
Ado Croft

Well, I have tested the engine you released but there is an error: "Stream play: CANCEL, wrong track index or broken script" I changed stream_buffer_size to 128
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-14, 22:04   #519
Lwmte

@AdenClements: do you have pthreadGC2.dll in your OpenTomb folder? Maybe it crashes because library isn't found.

@Ado Croft: if it says that problem is in script, most likely you're trying to trigger wrong track ID or something is wrong with soundtrack.lua. Are you sure you have it in /scripts folder?
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-14, 23:56   #520
pmatulka

When I compile yesterday code commits I get this errors:
Code:
CMakeFiles/OpenTomb.dir/audio.cpp.o: In function `StreamTrack::~StreamTrack()':
audio.cpp:(.text+0xc53): undefined reference to `ov_clear'
CMakeFiles/OpenTomb.dir/audio.cpp.o: In function `StreamTrack::Load(char const*, int, int, int)':
audio.cpp:(.text+0xdb5): undefined reference to `ov_open'
audio.cpp:(.text+0xdce): undefined reference to `ov_info'
CMakeFiles/OpenTomb.dir/audio.cpp.o: In function `StreamTrack::Load_Ogg(char const*)':
audio.cpp:(.text+0xeb3): undefined reference to `ov_open'
audio.cpp:(.text+0xec7): undefined reference to `ov_info'
CMakeFiles/OpenTomb.dir/audio.cpp.o: In function `StreamTrack::Stop()':
audio.cpp:(.text+0x1023): undefined reference to `ov_clear'
CMakeFiles/OpenTomb.dir/audio.cpp.o: In function `StreamTrack::Stream(unsigned int)':
audio.cpp:(.text+0x11d3): undefined reference to `ov_read'
audio.cpp:(.text+0x11ff): undefined reference to `ov_pcm_seek'
CMakeFiles/OpenTomb.dir/audio.cpp.o: In function `StreamTrack::Stream_Ogg(unsigned int)':
audio.cpp:(.text+0x1353): undefined reference to `ov_read'
audio.cpp:(.text+0x137f): undefined reference to `ov_pcm_seek'
CMakeFiles/OpenTomb.dir/audio.cpp.o: In function `StreamTrack::Update()':
audio.cpp:(.text+0x1866): undefined reference to `ov_clear'
CMakeFiles/OpenTomb.dir/audio.cpp.o: In function `Audio_UpdateStreams()':
audio.cpp:(.text+0x1b76): undefined reference to `ov_clear'
CMakeFiles/OpenTomb.dir/audio.cpp.o: In function `Audio_StopStreams(int)':
audio.cpp:(.text+0x1e37): undefined reference to `ov_clear'
CMakeFiles/OpenTomb.dir/audio.cpp.o: In function `Audio_DeInit()':
audio.cpp:(.text+0x3781): undefined reference to `ov_clear'
audio.cpp:(.text+0x38d9): undefined reference to `ov_clear'
pmatulka is offline   Reply With Quote