Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 31-05-14, 16:57   #1031
TRfan23
Golden

Breathtaking?

Sounds like the game will be CGI-like or something (it actually wouldn't surprise me) XD

I just hope the gameplay is good, atm this is my most anticipated game at E3.
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-14, 17:05   #1032
Zebra

Dualshockers is not exactly the most reliable source. They'll pick up any big rumour that's floating around big gaming forums if only they think it'll get them lots of hits. That doesn't mean that all of the rumours they pick up turn out to be false, of course, but I'd take every rumour they post with a big grain of salt.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-14, 21:21   #1033
Camera Obscura

Quote:
Update: anotherprominent insider, Tidux, added more fuel to the Uncharted fire, also confirming that the protagonist of the new game is still Nathan Drake and the setting is “tropical”.
Quote:
Nathan Drake and the setting is “tropical”.
Quote:
“tropical”
Did somebody say tropical?

Camera Obscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-14, 22:40   #1034
bagas

^
bagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-14, 22:41   #1035
xLara_Nathanx

That rumor...

Getting HYPED!
xLara_Nathanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-14, 22:53   #1036
Evan C.

The tropical thing was obvious since the teaser. I've seen an analysis from it wich basically unveiled a part of the plot. However, and considering Uncharted as one of the most beautiful graphically speaking games, I have no doubt it will be a breath-taking visual game. Now, gameplay-wise....well, that's another story. Came to think that, wouldn't be funny if the concept of a darker Nathan implies he's a survivor or some sort of Croft-ish theme?
Evan C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-14, 22:55   #1037
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
The tropical thing was obvious since the teaser. I've seen an analysis from it wich basically unveiled a part of the plot. However, and considering Uncharted as one of the most beautiful graphically speaking games, I have no doubt it will be a breath-taking visual game. Now, gameplay-wise....well, that's another story. Came to think that, wouldn't be funny if the concept of a darker Nathan implies he's a survivor or some sort of Croft-ish theme?
It honestly wouldn't surpise me. Themes and locations from previous TRs do tent to pop up in Uncharted games which is fine by me as ND tends to do them quite well. In some cases better than the games they rip from.

I'm actually looking forward to a new Uncharted game. I do hope they mix the gameplay up this time. I enjoyed U3's more heavy focus on platforming over combat till the end. I know what wasn't popular amongst many but it's a trend i'd like to continue in the series. I'd also like to be able to play as Francis Drake. A cross era game would be interesting.

Last edited by jajay119; 31-05-14 at 22:57.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-14, 22:59   #1038
TRfan23
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
Given that I have heard of ND and CD having close ties in relation to the new TR game (something like that). It really wouldn't surprise me and I kinda hope they don't since I'm not a fan of CD's games.

I say kinda since CD isn't making Uncharted, thus it would be done the way ND would like it and I prefer ND to CD. On saying that I haven't played any of the Legacy Of Kain games, and apparently that's where CD shines.
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 07:18   #1039
RAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camera Obscura View Post
Did somebody say tropical?

Sexy
RAID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14, 00:40   #1040
herogreen18

I think it would be a neat idea to add a survival element to it imo. They could maybe, add RPG elements that they used for TLOU or something like that? Or since it's possibly tropical, maybe something similar to Far Cry 3? Idk

Whatever they decide, I can't wait to see what they come up with
herogreen18 is offline   Reply With Quote