Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 19-05-20, 08:48   #41
Shirley_Manson

I guess the main thing I don't like about Chronicles is the disconnect between the FMVs and the ingame cutscenes. The FMVs are beautiful, well written and sombre. But the writing in cutscenes is awful, childish and totally at odds with the FMVs. Cue Larson's "Behind you. Behind you"
Also the game is, as others pointed out weirdly sexual at times. Teenage underboob moment was gross in retrospect, and the part where Larson touches up Lara in pretense of searching her was really unnecesary.
Oh, yeah and another thing pops to mind are the enemies. Most of the bosses are so random and WTF. What the hell was that centurion tentacle head doing in the sewers?

Last edited by Shirley_Manson; 19-05-20 at 08:52.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-20, 12:15   #42
Jamise_Croft

Rome is the only level I really enjoyed in this game, the rest is just so boring, well the young Lara part is aesthetically beautiful tho, and the red alert levels a literal hell
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-20, 12:37   #43
Kubsy

What I don't like about chronicles:

- Too short
- VCI levels
- Gameplay is boring

And that's it I think lol
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-20, 13:11   #44
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
My only TRC complaint: I hate Core for bringing back Larson and Pierre and causing a never ending argument about when Rome takes place.

The answer is before TR1. Pierre "dies" off-screen which DOESN'T COUNT. I DON'T CARE IF THE FALL SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM. MAYBE HE JUST BROKE HIS ANKLE. Same with Larson. He got tossed a few feet, that would hurt but not kill you. I WILL HEAR NO ARGUMENTS.
1. valid for disliking their inclusion for that reason
2. i agree with you, rome takes place in 1995
3. i'm glad they were brought back b/c gay
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-20, 18:21   #45
Kapu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
I guess the main thing I don't like about Chronicles is the disconnect between the FMVs and the ingame cutscenes. The FMVs are beautiful, well written and sombre. But the writing in cutscenes is awful, childish and totally at odds with the FMVs. Cue Larson's "Behind you. Behind you"
Personally I liked the silliness of Lara vs. Larson and Pierre in Rome. Lara knocking Larson in the groin is always good for a chuckle. And to be fair, the other sections are more in line with the mood of the FMVs. Just my two cents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
1. valid for disliking their inclusion for that reason
2. i agree with you, rome takes place in 1995
3. i'm glad they were brought back b/c gay
Admittedly I did like them coming back for the reasons I wrote above. It's the fans fault for creating a new "When does Rome take place?" thread every 6 months.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-20, 14:05   #46
Stryke

Do you guys think Chronicles would have been more accepted if they would have maybe add 1 more level to each section?
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 15:45   #47
michaeldt

I always thought Rome was the worst section tbh, its so... thoughtless and monotonous... it's the epitome of Core going through the motions to make a TR level. And also, where is everyone? These are the streets of Rome, they should be bustling! I could forgive it with Venice in TR2 with the excuse that the mafia owned that particular section of venice or whatever, but not the streets of Rome. And yeah, whats with that giant mechanical head? It's not like it had to have been undiscovered, there was a boiler room right behind it!

I don't mind Pierre and Larson being brought back, but would have been nice to atleast have a throwaway line from Winston in an FMV about Lara not seeing the last of them.

Russia had the best story of all the segments, Ireland had the best art style and presentation, but I honestly had the most fun with VCI .
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 16:20   #48
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Russia had the best story of all the segments, Ireland had the best art style and presentation, but I honestly had the most fun with VCI .
Thanks for sabotaging an UNappreciation thread for the best Classic TR game... 😌

Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 21:09   #49
Jamise_Croft

This game shouldn't have existed at all, they should have focused entirely on traod tbh
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-20, 00:10   #50
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Thanks for sabotaging an UNappreciation thread for the best Classic TR game... 😌

but this isnt the thread for tr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft View Post
This game shouldn't have existed at all, they should have focused entirely on traod tbh
truly, honestly
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote