Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 01-12-19, 13:13   #21
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Unappreciation threads exist to criticize usually loved (and overrated) games, in this case TR2. Actually, opening an unappreciation thread for TR5 and Underworld is wrong, because they’re already hated. But not TR2.

If unappreciation threads exist for devs/publisher to view (in your opinion), then this thread can be considered as “What Classic elements should we *not* put in our game,” by SE/EM/CD/whatever. Hope I’m clear, I never like drama... ^.^
These games are dead, they have zero impact on the future of the franchise. The only threads they are looking at are the current reboot games. It's not a coincidence that after all this time suddenly a few people complained about the Shadow thread and then suddenly these kinds of threads appear out of nowhere for games that aren't being made anymore.

The only people this would matter to is Core and they long since have exited the business so these threads are just pointless and serves little to no purpose besides being created for the sake of Shadow having one.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 13:13   #22
redfox45

Would someone mind reminding me what it feels like to still care enough about any of the old games enough to actually want to defend them in a thread like this?

The classics were all made under unreasonable time restraints, little to no creative freedom, a team that became so heavily effected by how the series was being churned out so soullessly that they tried to kill Lara off themselves.

The only thing worth defending is how they managed to make something even remotely decent while so miserable and exhausted for those 5 long years. Sounds horrendous.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 14:55   #23
Megalith

Quote:
Unappreciation threads exist to criticize usually loved (and overrated) games, in this case TR2. Actually, opening an unappreciation thread for TR5 and Underworld is wrong, because they’re already hated. But not TR2.

If unappreciation threads exist for devs/publisher to view (in your opinion), then this thread can be considered as “What Classic elements should we *not* put in our game,” by SE/EM/CD/whatever. Hope I’m clear, I never like drama... ^.^
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "criticize".

The "reasons" you give in order to justify the creation of this thread are extremelly obvious that you are trying too hard and can all be easily rebuted to the point that it isn't even worth the time to do so.

To me it feels like you do it just out of spite because you don't like that so many fans say that the classics are what Tomb Raider should be and that the Reboot games have nothing to do with them. And because of that you want to have your little "revenge". It's also kinda funny (and kinda telling of your ignorance) that you started with TR2 because like most people who have a superficial relation with the classics think that TR2 can be an easy target for criticism due to having many enemies (another argument that can be very easily rebuted by anyone who has really played the game in its entirety).

I'm sorry but it's very obvious (and very childish) what are you trying to do here.

Last edited by Megalith; 01-12-19 at 14:57.
Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 16:34   #24
michaeldt

I don't understand if lots of people on here are trolls or just take everything too seriously.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 17:37   #25
trfan16

TRII is probably the only game in the series where I can't find any real flaws. It continued and improved on TRI's gameplay in a lot of ways. I like how the game introduces a lot of new stuff to the series but still feels simple at the same time. With that being said, the only flaw for this game to me is something that has been brought up since day one - the sheer amount of human enemies. I could forgive the amount of human enemies in the Venice and Rig levels since those were the Fiama Nera stomping grounds. But the Maria Doria levels could do without all the human enemies. If the game reduced the human enemies to the same numbers as TRIII, then it would be perfect.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 18:11   #26
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "criticize".
I well do.
1) indicate the faults of (someone or something) in a disapproving way.
2) form and express a judgement of (a literary or artistic work).
Quote:
To me it feels like you do it just out of spite because you don't like that so many fans say that the classics are what Tomb Raider should be and that the Reboot games have nothing to do with them. And because of that you want to have your little "revenge". It's also kinda funny (and kinda telling of your ignorance) that you started with TR2 because like most people who have a superficial relation with the classics think that TR2 can be an easy target for criticism due to having many enemies (another argument that can be very easily rebuted by anyone who has really played the game in its entirety).
What gives you that idea? “Little revenge”??? I adore the Classics, and I also like the reboot trilogy, so you have no right to accuse me with this. You’re being the childish one by being *extremely* insulted with the criticisms. An old game can be criticized just like a new game. As you can see (if you’re not stubborn), I didn’t judge the game about its gameplay (controls, animations) because it was just OK for its time...
Quote:
I'm sorry but it's very obvious (and very childish) what are you trying to do here.
What am I trying to do? Please, enlighten me........
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 18:16   #27
charmedangelin

Quote:
I well do.
1) indicate the faults of (someone or something) in a disapproving way.
2) form and express a judgement of (a literary or artistic work).

What gives you that idea? “Little revenge”??? I adore the Classics, and I also like the reboot trilogy, so you have no right to accuse me with this. You’re being the childish one by being *extremely* insulted with the criticisms. An old game can be criticized just like a new game. As you can see (if you’re not stubborn), I didn’t judge the game about its gameplay (controls, animations) because it was just OK for its time...
What am I trying to do? Please, enlighten me........
If this was all about criticism then you wouldn't make the thread in the exact same style as the Shadow one. It's quite obvious to see the stunt being pulled.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 18:32   #28
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Why? Because it's mirrored after the one thread in the shadow section that some reboot fans are complaing about.
Which was made after the TRU one. On that note, this thread was made just after LateRaider's TR5 unappreciation thread, on the same day...how strange.

Quote:
Unappreciation threads exist to criticize usually loved (and overrated) games, in this case TR2.
Untrue.
TRU was the first, everyone critize that hot mess, in no way overrated; then SoTR one happened which gets more critizism than love, even if it's an overall loved game , then TR5 one happened, which also isn't that popular around here. Then this nonsense happened.

Quote:
If this was all about criticism then you wouldn't make the thread in the exact same style as the Shadow one. It's quite obvious to see the stunt being pulled.
You are absolutely right, Charmed; it seems Tomb Raidering got bored from their endless "unpopular" opinions (especially about TR2)in the "unpopular opinions (TR edition)" thread, so they opened this.
At the end of the day, we should let Tomb Raidering do, what Tomb Raidering can do best.

Last edited by Zsott; 01-12-19 at 18:33.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 18:36   #29
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Stunts? I *may* have been influenced by the Underworld unappreciation thread, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I have my reasons to open this thread, just like the OP of that thread. If there’s anyone that’s making stunts, it’s the clowns (*not* the DLC8 Movement Clowns).....

Anyway, like I said I hate drama, and I’m not dragging this on.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
It seems Tomb Raidering got bored from their endless "unpopular" opinions (especially about TR2)in the "unpopular opinions (TR edition)" thread, so they opened this.
You have no right to tell me what I did wrong or not, know your borders.
Quote:
At the end of the day, we should let Tomb Raidering do, what Tomb Raidering can do best.
Just like how you’re best at what you’re doing...

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 01-12-19 at 18:40.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 18:39   #30
Chamayoo

Knowing Tomb Raidering... If anything, it was probably a reaction to Chronicles unappreciated thread, certainly not the Shadow one.
I also want to say that all games are right to have their unappreciated thread, as they all have their right to have their appreciated thread.
I agree Shadow's one is the most relevant but... I don't know all the threads don't have to be useful. It's just discussing the low points of each ones and that is all. Nothing to write home about. ^^
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote