Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Closed Thread

Old 23-10-19, 15:43   #11
MontyTRC
Tomb Editor

If some levels have troubles, please send them to me :-)
Old 23-10-19, 17:26   #12
Stryke

OMG My sounds are fully working!!! I hear sounds that I didn't even know was in my wad and they are all correct omg. And it only took two clicks to fix lol. Thank you guys so much!
Old 23-10-19, 19:06   #13
KyleCroft

Ugh. I have no sounds and all the custom scripting for the animations for Lara aren't working.

EDIT: ok, I've got some sounds back, not all, but it's a start. No luck on the scripting though.

Last edited by KyleCroft; 23-10-19 at 19:24.
Old 23-10-19, 19:34   #14
MontyTRC
Tomb Editor

Are you using WADS or Wad2 files?
Have you added custom sound sources to Prj2?
Check also the new tab in level settings. This lists all sound catalogs used by the level (i.e. karnak.sfx, sounds.txt...) and which sounds will be added to the compiled level. Check videos by Lwmte :-)
Old 23-10-19, 20:03   #15
KyleCroft

Ok I somehow fixed the sounds! Working on the script problem...

Edit: Ok I think I fixed it as well. Not sure how but who cares haha. Still a little off so we’ll see.

Man, since the day I started level editing a decade ago, I have wanted dynamic and proper lighting on objects and now my wish is granted. It's making all the objects in my manor look fantastic. Thank you SO much for this.

Last edited by KyleCroft; 24-10-19 at 01:13.
Old 24-10-19, 07:35   #16
KyleCroft

I'm making a double post instead of a third edit, I hope that's ok.

The only transitional problem I have found is the custom animation scripting I have. Prior to this update, I was using the TRAOD animations that were released a few months back through the Dark Renaissance project, and the respective scripting and everything was working. However, after struggling to make the situation better with the new update, my animations are a bit screwy. I'm still using all the same scripting, but the animations, like starting to run for example, have a bit of a lag before the running animation starts. Also, if I stop running, Lara slides a little bit. All of the animations are just slightly *off* with the fluency of the beginning and ending transitions.

Any idea as to why this might be? They were working fine prior to the update.

Last edited by KyleCroft; 24-10-19 at 07:50.
Old 24-10-19, 08:55   #17
Baslakor

Looks amazing! Can't wait to try it out! Thank you so much!!
Old 24-10-19, 09:03   #18
TokyoSU

lara wont turn left and right anymore when moving forward :x
and it's not my plugins that change it because i removed it before retesting it, my plugin will turn lara like normal (TR4 way) and after 1sec lara rotation return to normal when moving left or right you cant turn fast as before
Old 24-10-19, 09:13   #19
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleCroft View Post
Prior to this update, I was using the TRAOD animations that were released a few months back through the Dark Renaissance project, and the respective scripting and everything was working.
They have not been "released", they are unfinished and not meant to be used in custom levels yet (unless you're sure none of the unfinished anims will be played in your game, but I'm pretty sure it's not the case).
Old 24-10-19, 19:18   #20
KyleCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
They have not been "released", they are unfinished and not meant to be used in custom levels yet (unless you're sure none of the unfinished anims will be played in your game, but I'm pretty sure it's not the case).
I understand that. I’m using the ones they put out until/if the finalized ones are released because I love the AOD Lara model they used. I honestly just tested the animations in my game back when they were put online without the intention of ever keeping them as many of the other custom animations I’m using don’t work with them. I just have yet to switch back. My point is that they were all working perfectly prior to this update. Now they aren’t. I’m wondering if this is a problem with the way the levels are being compiled with this new version or if it’s something on my end. However, I haven’t changed the scripts or anything.

Last edited by KyleCroft; 25-10-19 at 01:28.
Closed Thread