Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 14-01-20, 21:24   #321
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
chase carver - unwashed, smelly, stole lara's money, introduces himself by threatening to slit lara's throat in a stupid-ass cliffhanger. we were supposed to be endeared to him for some... reason...
That wasn't Chase. That was one of the goons attacking Lara. She gets rid of him and rushes out of the building into a literal rain of arrows and then Chase pulls her back in. It's two different guys.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 23:31   #322
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
That wasn't Chase. That was one of the goons attacking Lara. She gets rid of him and rushes out of the building into a literal rain of arrows and then Chase pulls her back in. It's two different guys.
uh-uh. you can tell it by the way her pursuer speaks

1. A man wearing a black jacket and black gloves pulls her into the room. https://i.imgur.com/kKoH9FF.jpg

2. A man wearing a black jacket and black gloves holds a knife to her throat, and says, "Not another word, darlin'. Not another blessed word." https://i.imgur.com/Ak2u6JL.jpg

3. Recap of previous issue's important events. https://i.imgur.com/CN8NfVm.jpg

4. Lara breaks free and kicks a man wearing a black jacket and black gloves; she attempts to go back to find Compton. https://i.imgur.com/cybtKoy.jpg

5. Rain of arrows and gunfire. A man wearing a black jacket and black gloves pulls her back inside. The man says, "Are you bleedin' insane? Get that sweet behind back here before they make you the best lookin' pin cushion in Katmandu!" Note how the man uses slang and says "-in'" instead of "-ing" like the man in the panel before. Lara responds, "That voice--! You!" https://i.imgur.com/zp5IPl3.jpg

6. Chase Carver is revealed. Chase is wearing a white tank top, a red flannel shirt, a black jacket, and black gloves. He responds, "Yep, it's me, all right, darlin'. Chase Carver, at your service. So, what's a nice little girl like you doing in a nasty place like this?" Note that he calls her "darlin'" just like the man wearing a black jacket and black gloves from examples 1 and 2. https://i.imgur.com/LMLJ7I9.jpg

So either:

A. Lara was pulled into the room by Man 1 who was wearing a black jacket and black gloves, had a knife put to her throat by Man 2 who was wearing a black jacket and black gloves, and has an American Southern dialect and calls her "darlin'". She kicked Man 2, was pulled back into the room by Man 3 who also has an American Southern dialect, and turned around to find the other 3 men have vanished and now Chase (also wearing a black jacket and black gloves, and has an American Southern dialect and calls her "darlin'") is there.

B. Lara was pulled into the room by Man 1 wearing a black jacket and black gloves, and has an American Southern accent and calls her "darlin'", and he put a knife to her throat. She kicked him and was pulled back into the room by him, but he vanishes and now Chase (also wearing a black jacket and black gloves, and has an American Southern dialect and calls her "darlin'") is there.

C. Lara was pulled into the room by Chase who was wearing a black jacket and black gloves, and has an American Southern dialect and calls her "darlin'". He put a knife to her throat. She kicked him and he pulled him back into the room, and now she can see his face clearly.

which is more plausible? another american southern man wearing black gloves and a black jacket, who just so happens to be in the same part of the world as chase is right now, puts a knife to lara's throat and then chase pulls her into the exact same room the man was in (who has apparently vanished without a trace)? or chase is the same man who put a knife to her throat

also if this is a joke i missed please remember i'm clinically retarded lmao

Last edited by LateRaider; 15-01-20 at 23:29.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 22:09   #323
Amunet

^I've never interpreted that scene as it being the same person. Hell, I still think it's two guys. Their facial features are different and it makes no sense for Chase to hold a knife to Lara's throat. The first guy magically disappearing from the room or the two guys coincidentally being American actually is more plausible to me. Specially because it's a comic book. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Amunet; 15-01-20 at 22:26.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 23:28   #324
LateRaider
Inactive

de nile ain't just a river in egypt henny

anyway chase carver is gutter trash and a poor rip-off of larson byeeee

Last edited by LateRaider; 15-01-20 at 23:31.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 00:08   #325
charmedangelin

Chase was doing that to try and get Lara to be quiet quickly so that they wouldn't produce any noise. She panicked and he quickly grabbed her before she got herself killed. He wasn't going to slit her throat at all, it was more of a protective thing. It's a common plot device that many forums of literature and media use to throw the audience off, build suspense.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-20, 14:49   #326
laratombgirl

Default No love interest

Easy answer - No
If anything her love interest is raiding tombs and shooting baddies
laratombgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 18:02   #327
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

lol. I believe that Lara is straight. And I also believe that it won't even be the same thing about how far I'm playing any of the next Tomb Raider games with her partner following her at every sequence to any of the next Tomb Raider games which I really don't want any of that to happen right after Murti Schofield just had the idea to add Kurtis Trent as some kind of love interest. NO I really do consider Kurtis Trent as a short term assistant because I do love the fact that Eidos just stopped Core Design RIGHT THERE TO STOP developing the story for Lara to end up marrying him because I very much did had a feeling that Lara's fine of being self-reliant. I'm like do any of you even know what difference does it make weather she's married with a guy or not? What exactly you think would happen if all of that happened to Lara's story for that to happen? I do love the concept that how dramatically reckless that Lara turned out to be with Alex including all the rest of the people as Rihanna Pratchet have put lots of DEATH in to the 9th Tomb Raider game as inspiration from AOD just as much as Lara would feel the same from that particular classic element incorporate to TR9 for Lara to trust Konstentin. Including Lara's good companion which was Conrad Roth as he turned out to be the most unfortunate victim of history. I can even imagine that Mathias would help her all alone in Yamatai of Japan as he was trying to find ways how Lara Croft can trust him. But I'm so happy that SHE WON'T right after Mathias have pulled a run to manipulate against Lara so he can get himself right off the hook from what the Hell he's been doing in Yamatai Japan. I do know why I've been starting to have more of a better positive mentality & attitude for me to ENJOY ALL THE REST OF THE TOMB RAIDER GAMES IN THE MAIN SERIES ONCE & FOR ALL
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote