Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 31-01-20, 19:23   #21
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
I wish there were some kind of info of a trilogy pack release for the next gen. I suppose something like that should already begin production for the new playstation.
That’d be great. Shadow Lara on a par with Rise Lara?!

Sprinkle in some Croft Manor and extra cutscenes to tie the previous games with the new game too {like how Kingdom Hearts’ Final Mixes does}... Exclusive to next-gen consoles. No PC version. :P

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 31-01-20 at 19:25.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 19:33   #22
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
I find it hard to believe. I can't believe they would use the exact same Origin Lara for the next, non-Origin game. And OH GOD NOT CRYSTAL AGAIN!
Why wouldn't they use the same Lara for the net game? The origin story is over, but that doesn't mean the end of this continuity. Why have an origin story if not to follow through with what happens after the origin.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 19:36   #23
charmedangelin

So I guess the party is over. No classic Lara ever again, no switch ports of any tomb raider game be it classic LAU or reboot.

The franchise is only for rebooters now, no room for classic fans at all.

What the hell are we classic fans gonna do now? I had some hope, some glimmer we could get something, anything really and it seems like that won't ever be the case.

I'm honestly really sad, a part of me feels like it just died today and I'm genuinely upset.

Tomb Raider was very special to me, I always loved dressing up as her and playing around as a kid like Lara. She was my role model, my icon and to see that she is indeed gone and is just heart breaking.

That's another thing in my life that will be lost and another thing I have to moron for no reason other than spite.

Whatever

Last edited by charmedangelin; 31-01-20 at 19:37.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 19:36   #24
paulojr_mam

I myself am extremely disappointed that it's not a leak of a remake of the classic games, which probably means none is in the works. That is extremely disappointing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Why wouldn't they use the same Lara for the net game? The origin story is over, but that doesn't mean the end of this continuity. Why have an origin story if not to follow through with what happens after the origin.
They asked: "I just want to know if we are ever going to get a lara croft similar to the old ones with an athletic lara, charming, smart and with two huge balls" and that's what I'd expect.

Last edited by paulojr_mam; 31-01-20 at 19:43.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 19:37   #25
Tombraider95

Quote:
Because I feel like it's going to be a repeat of Rise. She "finishes" her origin story at the end of the previous game (2013, Shadow) and we expect her to be a lot more developed as a character, but instead we go back to square one and it's the same thing over and over.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 19:39   #26
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
True. I mean, it was the same with the Classics. The first three Classic games together formed a ‘loose’ trilogy, with another trilogy starting with The Last Revelation and ending with AoD.

I don’t understand why this is shocking, tbh. An Eidos Montreal rep mentioned that Shadow Lara was going to feature in stand-alone adventures months ago...

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 31-01-20 at 19:41.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 19:42   #27
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
So I guess the party is over. No classic Lara ever again, no switch ports of any tomb raider game be it classic LAU or reboot.

What the hell are we classic fans gonna do now? I had some hope, some glimmer we could get something, anything really and it seems like that won't ever be the case.

I'm honestly really sad, a part of me feels like it just died today and I'm genuinely upset.

Tomb Raider was very special to me, I always loved dressing up as her and playing around as a kid like Lara. She was my role model, my icon and to see that she is indeed gone and is just heart breaking.

That's another thing in my life that I be lost and another thing I have to moron for no reason other than spite.

Whatever
We can finally move on in peace if this turns out to be true. One way or another we will have Classic Lara back someday either that or TR will sadly face the fate of silent hill and other dead franchises. In the meantime I'm sure there are many franchises out there that take fans into account and most importantly: stay true and pay constant homage to the source material. I can give you many examples: Tekken, Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil, Mario, Legend of Zelda, Grand Theft Auto, and so many more. They are as old or even older than Tomb Raider yet these franchises have never been afraid to use the source material as basis and stay true to it. Many succesful Long running movie series have done it as well you can't forget what made you succesful in the first place.

I would advise to wait for official confirmation to make the final judgement, but I have a feeling this leak is true, it rings true to me.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 31-01-20 at 19:45.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 19:43   #28
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post

That's another thing in my life that I be lost and another thing I have to moron for no reason other than spite.

Whatever
What is this post?

Why would anyone think that the series would be going in a different direction? The reboot is successful whether people like it or not, it’s obvious that they’re going to continue the current storyline.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 19:44   #29
paulojr_mam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
We can finally move on in peace if this turns out to be true. One way or another we will have Classic Lara back someday either that or TR will sadly face the fate of silent hill and other dead franchises. In the meantime I'm sure there are many franchises out there that take fans into account and most importantly: stay true and pay constant homage to the source material. I can give you many examples: Tekken, Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil, Mario, Legend of Zelda, Grand Theft Auto, and so many more. They are as old or even older than Tomb Raider yet these franchises have never been afraid to use the source material as basis and stay true to it. Many succesful Long running movie series have done it as well you can't forget what made you succesful in the first place.
Staying true to the roots is the norm. Reboot TR is a sad exception.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 19:44   #30
cephasjames

"Same Lara" doesn't need to mean "The Exact Same Lara as Shadow Lara," just that it won't be a new iteration of Lara. She could be more mature, more confident, and wittier. We'll have to wait and see.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote