Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > New Member Introductions, Birthdays and Congratulations > In Memoriam

Old 29-03-21, 21:19   #191
Patrick Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiamma Patrick View Post
Oh my god, it's heartbreaking to know Chi also lost his wife. Thank you so much for the help in finding this. It means a-lot, and I think more people should be able to see this.
I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to find it, even among the five threads. More help, please? Or a private message?

Edit: With help, I was able to find and read Chi’s secret message. Thank you. Very poignant... we will all miss him so much...

Last edited by Patrick Shannon; 29-03-21 at 21:51.
Patrick Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-21, 02:08   #192
Delroj

I really gonna miss him, he was very kind, his videos still are really good, and he help me several times in this forum. God bless him.
Delroj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-21, 02:34   #193
Kyle K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiamma Patrick View Post
I remember there being a video saying how The Great Chi used to have these videos known as "The Great Wall run" which was a collaboration between Chi, CuteLilDragon, and a few others. In the video it was said he deleted the videos, but CuteLilDragon kept them uploaded. So, since they are still on Youtube, should they be added to the archive or no?
Yes, I almost forgot about that series!! CLD does still have his versions uploaded to his channel!! I thought CLD was the only channel Chi ever did a direct collab with, did he do a collab with any other channel? (I know CLD did the videos with a few other people, but I think Chi's end was solely just with CLD?)

I actually asked him once, when my channel was a bit more active than it is now, if he wanted to do a collab like that, and he politely declined stating that he was busy working on other projects at the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
depends, were Chi's and CuteLilDragon's videos identical or did they both edit them differently?
I haven't seen Chi's versions in years, as he removed them back in like 2014/2015, but if memory serves me, they were their own videos, they just used the same modded level-set that they both created...

Here's a list to CLD's playlist, if anyone hasn't seen them: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...F342022A97DEA0

His videos were pretty funny, and he actually got his inspiration and started his channel because of Chi!! Not sure what he's doing now... he switched over to Minecraft for a little while, but I don't think that channel even exists anymore... Plus he renamed his own from Cute Lil Dragon Productions (or whatever it was) to Mr. E for some reason within the past couple of years...

IMPORTANT EDIT - I re-watched CLD's versions for the first time in years, and I found that in all the ones that he collaborated with Chi in, he had his versions play in the beginning (granted they were sped up a bit and edited) and I feel like Chi had many more videos in his version, maybe my memory is wrong though? But in any case, at least parts of that series aren't forever lost...

Last edited by Kyle K.; 30-03-21 at 02:43.
Kyle K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-21, 06:17   #194
Phoebe_Croft

This is very sad. The Great Chi provided comfort and entertainment to all of us at TRF. I'd never imagine his passing would touch my heart like this. It's funny how a stranger can touch your life in the smallest ways.
Rest in peace, you'll live in our memories and in the legacy of TRF forever.
Phoebe_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-21, 06:46   #195
Blackmoor

The secret message was very touching, I had a lump in my throat reading it.

He seemed such a lovely guy.

I hope on some level he knew / knows how much he was appreciated on here.

@Kyle K: It might be worth putting perryloo / Anode's hints to finding the secret message in the opening post???? So that others can find it too.

I would never have found it otherwise, so thank you, perryloo, for digging it out.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-21, 08:15   #196
Kyle K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
@Kyle K: It might be worth putting perryloo / Anode's hints to finding the secret message in the opening post???? So that others can find it too.
Done!
--------------------
pigypoo8 has once again unearthed another video by Chi! More Info - https://twitter.com/pigypoo8/status/1376918100227031044

Thank you piggypoo8 for downloading so many of Chi's videos, and for sharing them with us, and also a special thanks to Alex Fly (Core Design Fan Tribute Fan-Site) who keeps DM-ing me letting me know when users like piggypoo8 have been commenting on her tweets, leaving download links for videos!!
Kyle K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-21, 13:23   #197
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Added to video archive:
  • thewolfs-trle-game.mp4 (courtesy of pigypoo8)
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-21, 15:00   #198
Cat Woman

I was able to find the secret message (thanks to Kyle K.) from The Great Chi. Brought tears I found it very inspirational and touching. He will be missed.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 12:42   #199
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
The secret message was very touching, I had a lump in my throat reading it.
Same here.

I was able to find it immediately by clicking show search results as threads rather than posts.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 01:07   #200
Lord Insidious

He had some crazy but funny videos. So sad to hear about his passing.

R.I.P.
Lord Insidious is offline   Reply With Quote