www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old Today, 02:29   #811
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donoman View Post
This is the only forum where I see Anniversary bashed so much. I'm not really sure why either... On reddit, facebook, and discord, anniversary is praised so much. Nicobass's remake literally uses the same mechanics as Anniversary as well, and that's very popular.

I'm curious though... What specific thing do you guys not like about Anniversary?
Shorter and simplified.

Nicobass's remake is longer than the TR2 level and has some rather challenging sections.

Anniversary only really has one or two difficult moments and levels (Most noticeble during Atlantis) can be massively simplified.
Old Today, 02:41   #812
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Shorter and simplified.

Nicobass's remake is longer than the TR2 level and has some rather challenging sections.

Anniversary only really has one or two difficult moments and levels (Most noticeble during Atlantis) can be massively simplified.
Pretty much, it's why St. Francis Fally is praised in that game. Just look at Neptune's puzzle. They expanded it in that level.
Old Today, 03:17   #813
Donoman
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Shorter and simplified.

But what was simplified? I found the puzzles and combat a lot more interesting and dynamic in Anniversary. I do think the original is a lot less forgiving due to the save system, but other than that I really can't think of anything that's difficult enough to be simplified.