www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 20-02-14, 13:30   #261
Drone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
Can you tell what this piece of concept art is all about?

http://www.captain-alban.com/cgi-bin...screens344.jpg
The first level where police chases Lara. There was a video when police captures Lara but there is still a chance to escape. But in final version getting caught means game over.
Old 20-02-14, 13:49   #262
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_ View Post
No, but what else could it be then?

I doubt it would be some 'trapdoor' to the basement. There's no evidence for this.
It definitely looks like a trapdoor in the drawing. Not to mention that I doubt any of the stuff we see in the game now actually looks the way the artist who drew that had in mind at the time. It was just an early idea/iteration of what's in the game.
Old 20-02-14, 13:59   #263
Caesum
Tomb Raider

^ Exactly, it has very little to do with what the final version looks like. Infact, it's very different from the beta version of the level as well. It completely lacks the playable route that's in both beta and final version. It's probably the initial idea of the level before it was split into several smaller ones.

Last edited by Caesum; 20-02-14 at 14:00.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-14, 21:37   #264
Aurimas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_ View Post
Did you btw know that 'krieg' means war in German? Castle warler? I also read somewhere that there was supposed to be a whole scene about the second world war with Eckhardt escaping.
"The name ‘Kriegler’ itself is derived from the Middle High German word ‘kriege’, meaning ‘obstinate’ or ‘cantankerous’. This is perhaps a reference to the almost stubborn nature of the Castle, which stood firm against the Cabal for more than five centuries until its destruction in 1945." http://kteb.net/post/72298515631/the...astle-kriegler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterstar101 View Post
Yeah, if you read the comments on this post, Dan Scott (Former Employee) said "I did have the entire source code on a HD, that fell to the floor and now makes the "click of death"

https://www.facebook.com/traodRengin...17649271594070

But I wouldn't mind paying him to get that data back either
If you have Facebook, please let him know that it is not a problem for me to pay him for restoring the data too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrich17901 View Post
Where is this photo from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
If the third is about that first alternative route after starting location then it's definitely not a hiding place. It's an alternative end, a trapdoor to Derelict Apartment Block's basement.

http://i.imgur.com/QiUNvbk.jpg
There is also another door leading to Derelict Apartment Block in the final release. It can be found at the end of RUE ALPHONSE in Parisian Backsteets. However, it is different than in the concept art. I think the concept art was just for idea.

Last edited by Aurimas; 20-02-14 at 22:16.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 01:31   #265
Peterstar101
Professor

Sorry if this is considered bumping but we just need to keep this thread alive

I just noticed while watching badassagamez AoD play-through, there is a small nod to a book Murti Schofield was working on which released in 2013. When you play through "Monstrum Crimescene" you get to Vasiley's office in which you find a fax, it reads "Mile Carvier, Please refer to website ShadowwHistories.pr to access restricted information type code 31597."

This a nod to Murti's book and I just thought this was interesting Also interesting is they couldn't spell shadow!
Old 08-03-14, 03:59   #266
Profc
Archaeologist

Quote:

I just noticed while watching badassagamez AoD play-through, there is a small nod to a book Murti Schofield was working on which released in 2013. When you play through "Monstrum Crimescene" you get to Vasiley's office in which you find a fax, it reads "Mile Carvier, Please refer to website ShadowwHistories.pr to access restricted information type code 31597."

This a nod to Murti's book and I just thought this was interesting Also interesting is they couldn't spell shadow!
That was actually going to be a real website where players going to search about the Nephilim and the Black Alchemist. Sadly they never created such a website.
Profc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 04:04   #267
Peterstar101
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profc View Post
That was actually going to be a real website where players going to search about the Nephilim and the Black Alchemist. Sadly they never created such a website.
Really? So it was pure coincidence that Murti and the Core devs thought of the same title for this? If they really were thinking of buying the domain and creating such a website they were way... ahead of there time, the last game I know to do something like this was Mirror's Edge when they did the same thing. I thought it could be a nod to book? I don't really know but Murti said he had been working on The Shadow Histories for 13 years, so it fits into the timeline well.

Any sources?

Last edited by Peterstar101; 08-03-14 at 04:08.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 04:22   #268
Aurimas

Quote:

Murti Schofield used The Shadow Histories title for his book as the story the book is also about the nephilim. I do not know how Core Design employees signed their contracts. Either it was said that intelectual property they created for this game belong to the company or it was said that it belong to them after some time.

But is the fax really adressed "Mlle Carvier"? I thought Vasiley was in contact with Von Croy?

Last edited by Aurimas; 08-03-14 at 04:59.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 04:30   #269
Peterstar101
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
The domain was intended to be used for sharing additional story material of the game but this never happened. It now somehow belongs to Murti Schofield who use it for promotion. I do not know how Core Design employees signed their contracts. Either it was said that intelectual property they created for this game belong to the company or it was said that it belong to them after some time.

But is the fax really adressed "Mlle Carvier"? I thought Vasiley was in contact with Von Croy?
So it's pure coincidence that he decided to name his book from 2000 after it? Also who confirmed this? Sources please.

Also the fax is addressed "Mile Carvier" I think it's because she contacted him or the other way around either way she still worked at the Lovre probably was asking about paintings.

Last edited by Peterstar101; 08-03-14 at 04:32.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 04:51   #270
Zebra
Legend

2000? In your other post you said it was 2013 and no it was definitely not a coincidence. Murti obviously came up with the term "Shadow Histories" himself for AoD (or maybe even before that) and ended up using it in other works. That website name was not just some random Core employee writing nonsense. That's all Murti's doing.