Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 26-04-23, 19:53   #1
MuruCoder

Exclamation Weight Loss Challenge

I have about extra 20kg I don't want and since I'm not getting any younger, I'll have yet another attempt. (This is the weight_loss_Copy(73)_last_final_FINAL.txt I swear).

I'll try posting daily, hoping it'll help me take this seriously.

Posting intervals don't have to be precisely 24 hours and I actually prefer to be 66-67 kg according to BMI Calculator but I wanted some nice round numbers. I fluctuate and 85 kg is the most I've seen nowadays so the aim is from 85 to 65. I'll try keeping track of some exercises throughout the day and post the totals, so they don't have to be in one sitting. If I gain muscles along the way, might mess up the weight so I might stop early depending on how comfortable I feel.

Landwhales of the forum, feel free to join

Will the emoji ever reach to the 65 side...

~ ~

Weight.......: 83.9 kg

Push-Ups.....: 5
Sit-Ups......: 10
Plank........: 2 mins
MuruCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-23, 22:05   #2
charmedangelin

A weight loss thread is a nice idea. I'm currently 396lbs (179kg) and I'm working to get at 145lbs (65kg).
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-23, 23:05   #3
Rai

Good luck with your weight loss journeys, both of you!
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-23, 17:04   #4
MuruCoder

~

Weight..: 84.4 kg (+0.5)

Push-Ups: 50
Sit-Ups.: 0
Plank...: 2 mins
Walking.: 5.2 km

Mistakes:
~ 10 chocolate covered wafers, should have stopped at 2.
~ 2 instant noodles, 1 should have been enough.

Half a kilo gained but I can explain. I've recently eaten and drank a few glasses of tea so I'm hoping to start the next day with some loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
A weight loss thread is a nice idea.
Yeah, it's because you brought it up in that other thread. Maybe thisth time is the charm. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Good luck with your weight loss journeys, both of you!
Thanks
Old 27-04-23, 20:50   #5
HarleyCroft

Good to keep a record
Best of luck to everyone wanting to improve their health ♡

A simple (but not super easy) step is to learn to love water. Drink it instead of anything sweetened and gulp some down when you feel that boredom hunger.
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-23, 17:34   #6
MuruCoder

Weight..: 84.7 kg (+0.3)

Push-Ups: 40
Sit-Ups.: 50
Plank...: 1 min
Walking.: 6.1 km

Houston, I have a problem! OK, this is fine, everything's fine

I'm already aching. Maybe forcing myself to do 10 pushups and 30 sec planks in each go isn't a good idea. I might do 5 and 10secs instead.

I might have put too much trust in this thread, maybe it's making me eat reckless. Better watch out not to stuff myself up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Best of luck to everyone wanting to improve their health ♡
Thanks I did know about water but nice reminder, I don't drink it enough I think. Tea kind of messes things up so need to keep track of water separately.

Seeing Winnie the Pooh horror movie images reminded me of the The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh cartoon and I found myself humming the opening theme. Then thought about modifying the lyrics a bit. This might be my theme for this thread

Quote:
I gotta get up
I've gotta get goin'
I'm gonna lose some weight of mine

I'm round and I'm lazy, I love to eat cause I'm just...

Landwhale, might be a landwhale
Looking for food, chasing some weight loss dream
Landwhale, the belly's out there
Rumbly tumbly
Climbin' is tough for me

Fat never ends for us, we're so gluttonous
Feast every now and again
But when you're alone, and there's nobody home
It's nice to be able
To count on dumbbells like

Landwhale, might be a landwhale
Which gym you go, oh won't you take me please
Landwhale, I gotta be the-e-ere
It's me and it's you
My silly old weight loss dream booo hooo
Old 28-04-23, 18:07   #7
Shirley_Manson

Hey, good luck on your weight loss journey!
Keep up the tempo, but maybe not weigh yourself everyday. Those scales are finnicky and not that correct everytime. Try weighing yourself every third day or every week instead, to prevent stress. Ideally you should be losing 0.5 kilos every week, but that may not come right away.

Last edited by Shirley_Manson; 28-04-23 at 18:09.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-23, 19:40   #8
charmedangelin

For me I'm weighing myself once a month. I'll try to stay within my calorie budget for a month and then weigh myself to see if my weight loss synchs with the rate of calories Im subtracting from my diet.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-23, 20:20   #9
Mokono

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuruCoder View Post
Mistakes:
~ 10 chocolate covered wafers, should have stopped at 2.
~ 2 instant noodles, 1 should have been enough.
[/font]
While i can't comment on your exercise routine, i think i can share with you my relationship with both weight gain and weight loss. In my humble experience, what you eat is more important than how much you exercise (which doesn't mean exercise isn't important). Allow me to explain:

I have been somewhat prone to anxiety, due to several factors, such is living environment, family relations and work, on top of a somewhat unstable political and economical climate. However, if there is one thing that can soothe me and make me feel calm and comfortable, and even happy, it's food.

Luckily for me, i live in a gastronomical paradise. One staple of Peruvian life is eating on the streets from a cart cook, very tasty and heavy enough to make you feel full at the moment.

Then, the pandemic hit. Suddenly, i didn't have that anymore. The whole lockdowns in combination with the general uncertainty and apocalyptic feeling of the whole ordeal made me rely more and more on processed food (junk) to help with my anxiety.

I found myself with 20 kg of extra weight by the time we were allowed to resume our daily activities. My first instinct was joining a gymnasium to try and lose some weight, but regardless of the amount of cardio i did, my gains (or losses in this case) were minimal. I was feeling disappointed with myself, which made me feel hungry, so i remember going to this vending machine to get some crisps and before i could even insert a coin my trainer saw me.

Long story short, he asked me how often i ate those kinds of things. At first, i lied to him and said not very often, but the truth is i had become dependant on crisps and junk food in general. After realising the root of the problem (my anxiety) he told me to work on that first.

With the end of the pandemic, my anxiety has decreased considerably, so i no longer have those insane cravings. As a result, i've lost around 16 kg. Believe it or not, that is the difference that leaving junk food made in me (in combination with the exercise of course).

Anyway, try to find the right balance for you. The idea isn't to starve yourself of your favourite foods, but trying to resolve whatever makes you gravitate towards it in excess. Anyway, best of luck!
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-23, 23:02   #10
SrDanielPonces

i hope you are aware that developing muscle actually gains u weight
u should be doing much more cardio
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote