www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 30-12-17, 14:22   #6001
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
The movie, while being quite bad, had Lara front and centre with decent action scenes and witty lines at a time where Lara was the it girl of gaming and general public. She was even in music videos and commercials, so yes whoever was in that movie would have gotten tons of popularity. Rhona Mitra would have been a dream honestly my favourite live action classic Lara.
Omg i know! Everytime i see her in a movie even if she only has 1 line i weep at the missed opportunity they had with her as lara in a big budget film. Her face shape and brow structure is so hard yet elegant. Her voice is so perfect too the ideal lara in my head looks and sounds just like her!

I personally did not know who AJ was before tomb raider. I would have loved to see Mitra get such fame, so lovely.

Quote:
Isn't it body shaming that they stuffed her bra to the point it looked like she had oversized bananas instead of leaving her chest as it was?
Omg hahaha perfect description lolol it really did bother me they stuffed her bra even though AJ already had large breasts! Whoever made that choice was a creeper haha. Its sad so many folks who never even played the games believe lara=bigboobs because of that padding and every article constantly bringing them up! So sad!

Last edited by Soma Holiday; 30-12-17 at 14:29.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 14:30   #6002
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
I honestly think people are crazy. Like, to put so much effort into hating a girl because of how she looks or because of who she's with
Yes. It's quite ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
I disagree! i feel like if AJ was never cast as lara (for this example lets say Rhona Mitra had been cast cause perfection) that guy at McDonald's would now say "oh, Rhona Mitra?!" AJ had 1 oscar film before tomb raider and duds like gone in 60 seconds and Hackers. To me she only rose to fame because she got to play lara and the same would have happened to any other actress that had starred in that movie.

Alicia Vikander has an Oscar too and many good movies but she's not a household name. If this new film is as popular as the AJ one i guarantee she will see the same AJ level of fame.
Yeah Tomb Raider is the movie that put Angelina under the spotlight, even if she dislikes it now.
Rhona would have been a fantastic Lara Croft.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 14:44   #6003
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Well I'm sure the movie critics aren't going to regard Jolie's movies and Alicia's chest size. If anything, they probably work in the movies favour.

I feel like we're going to have something soon in the next 2 weeks.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 15:02   #6004
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
I hope so too!
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 15:22   #6005
lance6439
Legend

Lara Croft was naturally big-breasted and big-lipped. Natural features among many men and women. That was one of the many things Lara Croft was known for having; a thrill for adventure while possessing curvy, physical features. When you take that look away from a dedicated audience of 13+ years, people are going to raise brows and prefer the original to what's being fed to them now. As for Alicia being shamed for having a small chest while playing reboot Lara...those are trolls. Trolls that browse and post on 4Chan. Trolls that crawl from GameFaqs and IGN forums. Weird how you guys are valuing their troll-ish opinions instead of what the rest of actual, normally functioning people genuinely think.

As for movie Lara being sexualized...she's been sexualized since the first game. Doesn't she talk about her top being wet in the very first game? once you step out of the Croft Manor swimming pool? and in the second game, during the final cut-scene, she's about to take her cloths off and shower. Don't forget when Teenage Lara almost exposed her teenage breasts during the Ireland levels in TR5 and so forth. Lara was sexualized by the people who made her long before Angelina took the role.

Don't know where people are coming up with this theory that Jolie "doesn't like" the series? sounds like alternative facts to me. She's the reason why people manage to remember Tomb Raider and she cemented TR's legacy.
Old 30-12-17, 16:27   #6006
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

^ If she liked the series she'd do Tomb Raider 3. Back in 2011 GK did an interview where at that point he was hoping she'd even do a Cameo in the film, that producer is good friends with her so like... I'm sure before he asked her to cameo he asked her to star.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 16:39   #6007
lance6439
Legend

She most likely avoided doing a 3rd film because for whatever reason, there's always bad reviews of the TR movies. Even those they are both perhaps the two best movies in history. Top 20 movies material. She let the negativity get to her head.
Old 30-12-17, 16:40   #6008
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
As for movie Lara being sexualized...she's been sexualized since the first game. Doesn't she talk about her top being wet in the very first game? once you step out of the Croft Manor swimming pool? and in the second game, during the final cut-scene, she's about to take her cloths off and shower. Don't forget when Teenage Lara almost exposed her teenage breasts during the Ireland levels in TR5 and so forth. Lara was sexualized by the people who made her long before Angelina took the role.

Don't know where people are coming up with this theory that Jolie "doesn't like" the series? sounds like alternative facts to me. She's the reason why people manage to remember Tomb Raider and she cemented TR's legacy.
For the games I remember she talk about that but It's not like she said something like that : "hmmm boys I'm gonna take off my wet clothes just for you" that's how you sexualised a character but no and in the second game it was the way the devellopers have handled the Nude Raider controversy it was an answer it was not sexual at all "you have seen enough" it's clear Lara doesn't show her naked to the gamers. On Chronicles I have a simple thought : Core didn't gives a damn about what they where doing at this point... I read on a french book about making Lara Nude was an idea from Eidos themself but Core didn't wanted to include that.

I think the shower scene on the first movie,and the side boob is the complete opposite of the one in TR2. Funny enough it's only on the Simon West version we had a "nude scene" and the others version of the scripts we had nothing like that. Even when she use
her body to talk with Terry Sheridan on COL it's the opposite of the games.

I guess Jolie didn't like TR but she has done it for a boost on her career and it work perfecly.

Recently I have handled an interview with Dave Stern the writer of the first and second novelisation of the Lara Croft : Tomb Raider movies (but not published for now) and he had said to me he didn't have seen the movies but want to try to see it. Colleary didn't like the script and called it barely a movie but he had his reasons. And I have made read to Dave Stern the script from Colleary and he like it better than the movie. They talk to me both about how they like the Lara and Dad relashionship.

Last edited by Ellioft; 30-12-17 at 16:57.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 16:46   #6009
lizardspock110
Professor

Quote:
I love the first trailer, though I think the second one will be more wonder woman-esque

Last edited by lizardspock110; 30-12-17 at 16:53.
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 17:15   #6010
Rai

Alicia-Lara Croft features in this article, Women Who Will Kick Ass Onscreen In 2018.