This really applies to anything:

"This movie is one of my all time favorites!!"

"Then you haven't seen many movies"

How the hell would you know??
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 20:21   #152
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by HecticBartoli View Post
I have had people saying “you’re gay cause you watch Laguna Beach”
The same thing happened to me back in the 90’s and I liked Britney Spears.
But I was also 7 at the time so... hahaha

I was watching some Public Freakout videos online bc I love seeing people lose their minds over ridiculous things. Some of my favorite bits are when someone is yelling and shouting with anger and frustration and someone tells them “hey, just calm down please” and they respond yelling “I AM CALM! YOU THE ONE THATS ANGRY! NOT ME!”

Or the ones where there’s two people in a verbal altercation and one person goes up to the other one and says “GET OUT OF MY FACE! WHY ARE YOU IN MY FACE? LEAVE ME ALONE!”
Dude... you walked up to them..
Old 12-02-18, 20:56   #153
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
The same thing happened to me back in the 90’s and I liked Britney Spears.
But I was also 7 at the time so... hahaha
Omg that was literally me too haha. The other kids in my class found it so weird I had this obsession with Britney.

I was definitely one of those kids you look at and think "you're gay, you just don't know it yet". Some things are pretty typical tbh.
Old 12-02-18, 21:00   #154
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Omg that was literally me too haha. The other kids in my class found it so weird I had this obsession with Britney.

I was definitely one of those kids you look at and think "you're gay, you just don't know it yet". Some things are pretty typical tbh.
Haha I wasn’t obsessed with her or anything but I had her album. I don’t even remember how I got it.. that’s how young I was hahaha
But as soon as the other kids found out it was pretty relentless with all the teasing and name calling hahaha Children are awful

It also didn’t help that my mom insisted I have a mullet of all things
Old 12-02-18, 22:07   #155
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Haha I wasn’t obsessed with her or anything but I had her album. I don’t even remember how I got it.. that’s how young I was hahaha
But as soon as the other kids found out it was pretty relentless with all the teasing and name calling hahaha Children are awful

It also didn’t help that my mom insisted I have a mullet of all things
It's weird because I was only 4 when she first blew up in 98, but I remember stanning for her vividly. And yes it was kind of relentless for me too... although for some reason, child me had this really thick-skinned "zero ****s" attitude that I eventually lost in my preteens. I wish I could get that boldness back tbh, I admire young me haha.

Oh God, I thought my Mom was bad, she forced me to have a shaved head like a little chavvy brat. She thought it looked so smart, but I looked rough as ****. I kind of understand why she did it, my hair has always been really big and curly and unmanagable if I grow it out, but she didn't have to go skinhead though.

That said I'd still take that over a mullet haha

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 12-02-18 at 23:25.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 23:07   #156
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

"Come on, can't you just cheer up?"

I'm depressive. If it were that easy I wouldn't be.

Also, "What have you got to be depressed about?"
Old 12-02-18, 23:44   #157
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
Also, "What have you got to be depressed about?"
God that one annoys me so damn much.

Yeah sure, sometimes people overreact to petty things and are too ****ing sensitive and easily offended, but that's not depression. Depression is a long-term condition that consistently alters the mood of a person, regardless of how "good" their life around them might look.
Old 13-02-18, 08:39   #158
TR-Freak
Professor

Out of curiousity:
What do you expect to hear?
Old 13-02-18, 09:24   #159
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
Out of curiousity:
What do you expect to hear?
You raise a good point, I think a lot of people do react awkwardly to finding out someone has depression. It can be a helpless feeling.

Tbh anything but that, even "have you spoke to a doctor about how you feel?" or asking if there's anything that they can do to lighten the mood.

In real life though I don't tend to discuss my issues unless I absolutely have to, because I feel like I'm bringing people down and burdening people. That's the last thing I want. Also with the amount of stupid kids that romanticise mental illness these days, or make some oppressed "identity" out of it, there's (understandably) a growing attitude where people think we're all attention seekers.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 13-02-18 at 09:26.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-18, 13:33   #160
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
You raise a good point, I think a lot of people do react awkwardly to finding out someone has depression. It can be a helpless feeling.

Tbh anything but that, even "have you spoke to a doctor about how you feel?" or asking if there's anything that they can do to lighten the mood.

In real life though I don't tend to discuss my issues unless I absolutely have to, because I feel like I'm bringing people down and burdening people. That's the last thing I want. Also with the amount of stupid kids that romanticise mental illness these days, or make some oppressed "identity" out of it, there's (understandably) a growing attitude where people think we're all attention seekers.
Agreed with all of this, and the sad thing is the whole romanticization of it has been going on since I was at secondary school at least (I left 12 years ago). I confessed publicly to having depressed a couple of years ago. I don't regret doing it, but it's not something I've discussed much since then with anybody other than my family. A lot of people don't want to talk about it because of the stigma attached, the assumption that it's a ploy for attention, or the 'I don't need anybody, I can fight this by myself' mentality.

As for what I expect people to say, I actually do expect them to say that (I fully expected to lose a lot of friends when I told them as well). There's nowhere near the level of awareness around these issues that there needs to be.