Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 11-09-20, 16:36   #38201
LNSNHGTDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdr60 View Post
Finished it yesterday and it was allot of fun. Really enjoyed it. This is much better entertainment than any tv show. I haven't watched TV in months. I've just downloaded the third one, Shadow, and it looks amazing in all the media videos I've seen. Looks like I'll be busy for a while.
Good to know! Always nice to see fresh blood loving the series bit by bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
I think TR2013 is the most solid in the trilogy in comparison, even if the tombs are really lacking. But yesterday I played up to the wolf battles and damn, I didn't remember it so intense. The whole introduction is definetely the best in the saga.
Agreed! I think I never ever really get tired of the first hours of the game. I want to die until I get out of Helgen in Skyrim for example but I really enjoy the intro to Tomb Raider.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 18:20   #38202
pdr60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
Good to know! Always nice to see fresh blood loving the series bit by bit

Agreed! I think I never ever really get tired of the first hours of the game. I want to die until I get out of Helgen in Skyrim for example but I really enjoy the intro to Tomb Raider.
Finished Shadow last night. What a ride. Great fun and looking forward to a replay. Loved the stealth play and the repelling. Lots of fun. Now we have to wait for the next adventure while replaying these three. The best part was there wasn't a single glitch in the any of the games. They played through without a single crash or blip of any kind. I'm on kind of a dated system too being a AMD FX4350 and a Nvidia 1060 with only 3G of video ram. Looks like it might be time to build a new system. I like those Ryzen and the new 3000 series nvidia cards.

As a side note, I'm going to try to replay the first two in Kubuntu 18.04 and see how they perform.

Last edited by pdr60; 25-09-20 at 18:21.
pdr60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-20, 19:17   #38203
Grizzly Bear

Is it just me or TR13 feels already so nostalgic?
The shipwreck, "the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are", Lara getting impaled, the crazy Solarii brotherood, "SAAAM", the parachute scene, shanty town, the japanese palace burning down, the Oni, Himiko and the trasferring of the soul ritual, "I'm not going home"...

Man, it's already almost 8 years ago...
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-20, 21:00   #38204
Athukraz

Yup tr2013 was forever ago
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 08:12   #38205
LNSNHGTDS

It's been more than half a decade since it's release and we've had two mainline and two sidegames since then so yeah it definitely feels like a while back!
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 23:51   #38206
OrangeJuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Is it just me or TR13 feels already so nostalgic?
The shipwreck, "the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are", Lara getting impaled, the crazy Solarii brotherood, "SAAAM", the parachute scene, shanty town, the japanese palace burning down, the Oni, Himiko and the trasferring of the soul ritual, "I'm not going home"...

Man, it's already almost 8 years ago...
yup it's very nostalgic and also kind of iconic. they weren't able to replicate its magic with neither rise nor shadow.

we should kinda revive this game's multiplayer tbh
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-20, 10:40   #38207
killchan

Yeah , nostalgic is the right word.

Every now and then I look back at my playthroughs and think "Man, I want to play it again!"... but then I boot it up and the nostalgia googles fall off.
All the slow-downs, the scripting , the linearity, the silly combat and the non-challenge pop back up and that's where I say to myself "Nah I'd rather speedrun Rise for the billionth time". And I don't even love Rise. Playing it again now would just remind me of the many things I wanted to be improved and never did.

it's a good blind-run game that I don't think will stand the test of time.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-20, 20:59   #38208
Valentino

Omg that's me all over. I download the game and when I'm past up the burning village section,the acting and Lara drives me away, so I delete the application. The acting just doesn't pull you in. The story set up is actually good..... but a lot of the stand out lines sound whack. I'll hold it up as having it's moment in the franchise history though. As much as I can slag it off, I do think it has become slightly iconic

Last edited by Valentino; 19-11-20 at 21:00.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 01:52   #38209
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Crystal Dynamics have went through lots of tough work with creating this game.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 01:47   #38210
Shirley_Manson

TR2013 may not have been the game all of us wanted, but it had so many memorable moments and setpieces. And I do appreciate the spooky atmosphere Crystal somewhat created.
My absolute favourite moment is when Lara is in the forest at night and she hears that melancholy old japanese song coming from the depths of a mysterious bunker. I actually had high hopes at that moment, and thought the game was going to keep me in suspense more often.
Another great moment is climbing the radio tower, not because of the gameplay but because of how triumphant it feels geting to the top.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote