Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 15-10-20, 22:22   #701
sampiza

Perfect! Thanks a lot for helping.
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 03:46   #702
HaniHeger

For some reason there is not a single ladder texture or object in TRSearch, I don't even want something fancy, just... something so if anyone here has a nice texture to share, you are welcome to do so
(((honestly I'm even accepting TR4 textures, only reason I'm not using them is because don't know how were to get 'em)))
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 06:21   #703
AshySlashy

Actually, there is plenty of ladder objects and textures out there. The link to the classic TR textures is in the Tutorials and Resources section (here it is). You can also explore the variety of ladders of BtB packages here. Furthermore, even if there isn't a single ladder objects on TRSearch, you can try downloading various object packages (some of them may contain ladder objects, I'm pretty sure I've seen good ones, just can't check it out now).
AshySlashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 20:57   #704
HaniHeger

Aw thanks! Shame there is no instant resource of it on TRSearch, maybe I'll make myself a pack out of these suggestions you gave me!
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 00:23   #705
AngelOfDrkness

If you check the WADs of the original games, I believe there are 3D ladder objects in TR3's Jungle, TR4's Lost Library, and TRC's 13th Floor

Last edited by AngelOfDrkness; 12-11-20 at 00:28.
AngelOfDrkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 12:01   #706
Masked Goon

I'm having a bit of a problem finding regular TR4 textures. I downloaded the complete set from the resources topic, but the .tga files in there have a weird issue when used in Tomb Editor, where corners of textures often have a visible lighter edge, causing everything to look like it's made up of tiles.

I tried downloading the textures from that Core Tomb Raider website, but the links are all dead. If anyone can provide the textures, no matter if in 64x64 or 128x128, I'd be grateful. I'd love all of them, but most important would be the ones from Temple of Poseidon and Coastal Ruins.
Masked Goon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 16:45   #707
adngel

The Back To Basic 2009, collected the core TRLE assets, including those textures of the TR4 Catacombs, you can get the pack here:

http://www.trle.net/bBtB.php

For the rest of the TR4 textures, I simply extract them from the TR4 game I've got in Steam. O_ò
adngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 19:42   #708
disapearing-boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Goon View Post
If anyone can provide the textures, no matter if in 64x64 or 128x128, I'd be grateful. I'd love all of them, but most important would be the ones from Temple of Poseidon and Coastal Ruins.
Honestly, I think the TRLE Catacombs TGA already has all the textures from both Catacombs & Poseidon. Coastal ruins textures also come with the editor.

If you own a pc version of TR4 you can extract the textures from the dat file using tools such as TextureMake or TBuilder.
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 21:02   #709
Masked Goon

Thank you guys so much!
I didn't know you could just extract the textures from the .dat files. I only installed Tomb Editor on my computer so far, so I don't think I got the .tgas that usually ship with the TRLE
Masked Goon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 13:40   #710
disapearing-boy

^^No problem. Does tomb editor not include an installation of trle or trng? Maybe not. I can upload the TRLE tga files since they are organised better and have a few textures not used in TR4.

For future reference you can also extract any object from the dat files too using wadmerger (not sure what other tools can do this).
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote