Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 19-06-19, 13:59   #11
UroshUchiha

Happy birthday TRAOD <3 So much love for this game honestly.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-19, 20:53   #12
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

It's certainly very sad that this Tomb Raider game WASN'T properly finished but very groundbreaking at least so therefore it all stays right inside of that period of time sadly!!
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-19, 00:41   #13
charmedangelin

The number one TR game of all that needs to be remade and properly finished and needs to have all of it's sequels made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
TRAOD was the last breath of the real Lara Croft.
Yup
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-19, 00:45   #14
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
The number one TR game of all that needs to be remade and properly finished and needs to have all of it's sequels made.

Yup
That's right!! I don't blame you for that at all.
Old 02-07-19, 22:55   #15
Kirishima

Just recently found a copy of the PS2 version in a thrift shop for $2 and gave it a shot. Controls are nowhere near as bad as I thought they were when I played it when I was a teenager, but it's still sluggish and awkward in places...

If I wasn't so paranoid I'd end up killing my ps2 from overplaying, I'd play it a bit more, but yeah. Happy Late 16 Anniversary since I forgot when exactly it was released...
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-19, 02:33   #16
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
Just recently found a copy of the PS2 version in a thrift shop for $2 and gave it a shot. Controls are nowhere near as bad as I thought they were when I played it when I was a teenager, but it's still sluggish and awkward in places...

If I wasn't so paranoid I'd end up killing my ps2 from overplaying, I'd play it a bit more, but yeah. Happy Late 16 Anniversary since I forgot when exactly it was released...
All what you have to do is to be very extremely careful on how you play this game just as much as this 1 & only Tomb Raider game wasn't certainly properly finished unfortunately. Therefore, I really wished it all had the chance to get it all properly finished so it can finally climb at the VERY TOP of this periodic of time but unfortunately sadly it didn't just as much as I certainly destine to worship this 1 & only Tomb Raider game all my life...
Old 05-07-19, 16:02   #17
HecticBartoli

This game brings back great memories, bought it for $50 AUD (On sale) brand new from EB Games on my 11th birthday, best present ever. A week later I got an official strategy guide for $30 AUD. Saves me from getting into trouble at school for looking up cheats on the internet. 2004 back when internet wasn’t popular in where I live.

Parisian Back Streets is shockingly easy. I got used to the controls very quick and the intro was freaking killer, the storyline is great, I used to save at ends of levels just to replay cutscenes over. I always love Lara’s attitude in that one. The only thing that disappoints me is the fact the game is rushed in development, Eidos pushed Core around a lot which is unusual, I don’t understand why Eidos was like that. In the end Core’s final Tomb Raider game is one of the best games in the era in my opinion and it’s up there with The Last Revelation.

I’m hoping for Square-Enix to remaster the Classic TR games but I doubt that will ever happen as they seemed happy with the direction Lara is heading, I don’t demand for games to be made for convenience, something goes wrong when the fans become the authority.

You know who you are, cheers. At least us Tomb Raider fans appreciate what games we have.
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 17:35   #18
BlackWolftr

I have a lot of memories of this game (in total as with every tomb raider). I've always been lost in it, even with the walkthrough. I think Prague is better than Paris. Bosses were always a challenge for me. The most hard are boaz and red spirit. It was nice to play a different character than Lara.It is a pity that many locations have been removed. And double guns were removed. And all this through eidos. But...Happy birthday TRAOD.
BlackWolftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 06:13   #19
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolftr View Post
I have a lot of memories of this game (in total as with every tomb raider). I've always been lost in it, even with the walkthrough. I think Prague is better than Paris. Bosses were always a challenge for me. The most hard are boaz and red spirit. It was nice to play a different character than Lara.It is a pity that many locations have been removed. And double guns were removed. And all this through eidos. But...Happy birthday TRAOD.
I've completing this Tomb Raider game most of the time of my life just as much as I've been totally careful on how much I've played into it with the poor controls that have been all rushed into this game for no reason. I wish I had the chance to TURN THE TIME RIGHT BACK into 2003 so Eidos would really just please learn how to have more patience for Core Design to get AOD done the best they can to do on their own finishing touches with this game!! But unfortunately, Eidos have went into the WRONG DIRECTION to take this unnecessary idea to ever RUSH to get that game published right out of the door from Core Design just like that for no reason!! With those previous 5 Tomb Raider games at the other hand is certainly a better story to begin with. Because from 1996 - 2000 really made more than enough sense to get these games released as a year's prior which is perfectly fine around that part with that periodic of time being... But as for AOD at the other hand, SHEESH!! Eidos really didn't know what they were doing which they really should've learned how to make a sacrifice by having a lot more patience for them (Core Design) to get situated with developing this Tomb Raider game for the 6th generation consoles like they obviously have never done before of course. I probably believe in so much that they would even develop an updated version of AOD for the original Xbox to begin with just as much as I can imagine so much that how longer AOD could have been for the original Xbox version to begin with...
Old 08-07-19, 04:35   #20
HecticBartoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolftr View Post
I was shocked that it took me like 3-4 minutes to beat Parisian Backstreets, took as long as a Backstreet Boys song. The controls are weird but better on PS2 then on PC keyboards. I feel sorry for the Xbox fans who want the game to be on XBOX Classic. I actually love the game and owned it on PS2. It was extremely awesome, sure the game may be rushed due to the hectic well-timed makings of Cradle of Life and some such other Core games as Project Eden, Operation Phoenix & Herdy Gerdy. But at least AOD is way better than Spyro ETD
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote