www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 01-10-21, 16:15   #61
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp364 View Post
This is awesome! Great work! I played on console but it's crazy how low res some of these PC textures were.
Thank you

Also it's great to see Anniversary Fixes got a mention in Steve of Warr's latest retrospective video. Thank you very much Steve!

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 01-10-21 at 16:30.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 17:45   #62
Kenshir0
Hobbyist

Hello. the legend skin has graying eyes. Did you noticed that? It would be a nice fix.
Kenshir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 18:04   #63
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshir0 View Post
Hello. the legend skin has graying eyes. Did you noticed that? It would be a nice fix.
Already fixed it a little while back, same texture as Old Gen in Legend and thus same solution
Old 13-11-21, 19:48   #64
Kenshir0
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Already fixed it a little while back, same texture as Old Gen in Legend and thus same solution
strange. i still see that issue in the outfit selection screen and in croft manor. Never used the outfit in the main storyline.
Kenshir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-21, 08:02   #65
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Changelog 1.66: (TexMod only)
  • The 512x128 transparent texture from the Banishment cutscene is now reduced to 1px, this is because using a single pixel have the same desired effect. This saves a small amount of space in addition to making the tpf file more stable.
  • That's all folks
Old 07-01-22, 07:52   #66
Atlas_700
Hobbyist

When I use TexMod, I loose Lara's shadow and all water surfaces vanish (GOG edition of TRA).
-> Is this a known issue?

In case there is no solution to this issue: using Gibbed seems to be a viable alternative. I have some old TPF files, whose content I would like to add with Gibbed, but I haven't found yet a working extractor.
-> Where could I get an extractor? And how could I convert the extracted files into the DRM format?

The main goal is to get rid of all the helper icons (grapple icons etc.) and change Lara's face, which the mentioned TPF files accomplish.
Atlas_700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 11:16   #67
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas_700 View Post
When I use TexMod, I loose Lara's shadow and all water surfaces vanish (GOG edition of TRA).
-> Is this a known issue?

In case there is no solution to this issue: using Gibbed seems to be a viable alternative. I have some old TPF files, whose content I would like to add with Gibbed, but I haven't found yet a working extractor.
-> Where could I get an extractor? And how could I convert the extracted files into the DRM format?

The main goal is to get rid of all the helper icons (grapple icons etc.) and change Lara's face, which the mentioned TPF files accomplish.
Hello, and welcome to the forums! Just to clarify if the Anniversary Fixes tpf file is causing Lara's shadow and water to disappear, or is it one of the other tpf files you've mentioned?

I've seen an app that can extract textures from a tpf file, I'll try to find it again. Alternatively you could learn to mod with TexMod because it's very easy to use, and stuff like removing grapple icons only involve changing the texture to transparent. There's a guide here for how to do modding with TexMod.

As for editing DRM files, I would recommend watching the below video, it's the best guide out there.

Edit: Found the app that can extract textures from a tpf file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM3C...W.amazinggames

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 07-01-22 at 11:35.
Old 07-01-22, 12:49   #68
Atlas_700
Hobbyist

Thank you very much for your super fast and helpful answers!

My old TPF files definitely cause the shadow and water issue. I can't say for your Anniversary Fixes tpf file. Somehow I can't find the tpf version on your download site, only the RAR archive with the DRM files.

The TPFextract tool you found is working fine. I can extract the files (had found another extract tool, but it did not work). I get file names like "TRA.EXE_0x4AA96578.tga" or "TRA.EXE_0XDC2BBDEF.dds".
-> is there a way to find out which DRM files (or files within DRM files) these extracted files correspond to?

Last edited by Atlas_700; 07-01-22 at 13:28. Reason: Clarification
Old 07-01-22, 14:12   #69
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Thank you very much for your super fast and helpful answers!

My old TPF files definitely cause the shadow and water issue. I can't say for your Anniversary Fixes tpf file. Somehow I can't find the tpf version on your download site, only the RAR archive with the DRM files.
No problem, I know it can be tricky to navigate on archive.org so I've made this picture to show where to locate the tpf file.

Quote:
The TPFextract tool you found is working fine. I can extract the files (had found another extract tool, but it did not work). I get file names like "TRA.EXE_0x4AA96578.tga" or "TRA.EXE_0XDC2BBDEF.dds".
-> is there a way to find out which DRM files (or files within DRM files) these extracted files correspond to?
Sadly there isn't a way to correspond the texture names, I really wish there was!

Thankfully the unpacked DRM files all have unique names, so for example, Natla.drm is related to the modern Natla model, or cn5.drm means 'cutscene 5' which is the one that plays out at the end of the Egypt levels.

If you want to change Lara's face on the Anniversary model then these are the DRM files:
  • lara.drm - playable model
  • c_lara.drm - model in extras and costume selection
  • frontend_lara.drm - model on the main menu
  • cine_lara.drm - unknown, do this anyway just in case

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 07-01-22 at 20:53.
Old 10-01-22, 09:04   #70
Atlas_700
Hobbyist

I can confirm that your Anniversary Fixes tpf file does not cause Lara's shadow and water to disappear. It only happens with my two old tpf files.

I have been able to unpack the DRM files and have a look at them with Noesis. However I haven't been able to find out so far what I would have to do to import the files from my old tpf files (two .dds for the face and a couple of .tga for the icons). Seems I am bit stuck here.

I always wondered why the game creatores would go to great lenghts to recreate the atmosphere of the original game and then break the immersion by including all these overlay icons (like grapple icon etc.)...