www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > New Member Introductions, Birthdays and Congratulations > In Memoriam

Old 19-03-21, 18:18   #31
tlr online
Administrator

If any members are unable to log in for any reason and want to post a message in this thread drop us an email and we'll sort it out.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-21, 18:55   #32
Evan C.
Tomb Raider

Oh my god, this is absolutely horrible. He was an unique soul, judging by his creatiosn. Rest in peace and blessings to his family.
Old 19-03-21, 19:28   #34
Kyle K.
Student

Location: In a house similar to the Classic Croft Manor (I Wish)
Question Video Archives/Backup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
I have put a copy of The Great Chi video links below, from the Youtube description box, as it says the Fairwell video is only temporary for a week...
Awesome!! Hopefully it'll be easier for some to access this way.

On another note, does anybody have any kind of archive/backup of some or all of Chi's videos? With conversations I've had with Chi in the past, I know many of his older videos that did not gain much traction are lost (he deleted them not only on YouTube, but from his computer.) I'm glad he was able to find Bacon Lara 6 though, because in October 2020, he informed me that all of the Bacon Lara videos had been lost, so I'm glad he was able to find at least one of them!

This thought always crossed over my mind several times over the years, especially as he started deleting some of his older videos...
Quote:
I should download and make a backup of these videos...
Guess who's the idiot that never did that...

It would be awesome to have some of his older works preserved, so I'm hopeful someone out there had the thought to download and make backups of them... that they maybe could post somewhere like The Wayback Machine? Just a thought... . It would suck to have all of that hard-work and talent just be lost to time...
Old 19-03-21, 19:31   #35
Dark_Messiah
Archaeologist

Logged back in here after a solid 6 years to say damn.. this is terrible.

I am sad.

RIP The Great Chi, you will be missed.
Dark_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-21, 19:41   #36
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle K. View Post
Awesome!! Hopefully it'll be easier for some to access this way.

On another note, does anybody have any kind of archive/backup of some or all of Chi's videos? With conversations I've had with Chi in the past, I know many of his older videos that did not gain much traction are lost (he deleted them not only on YouTube, but from his computer.) I'm glad he was able to find Bacon Lara 6 though, because in October 2020, he informed me that all of the Bacon Lara videos had been lost, so I'm glad he was able to find at least one of them!

This thought always crossed over my mind several times over the years, especially as he started deleting some of his older videos...

Guess who's the idiot that never did that...

It would be awesome to have some of his older works preserved, so I'm hopeful someone out there had the thought to download and make backups of them... that they maybe could post somewhere like The Wayback Machine? Just a thought... . It would suck to have all of that hard-work and talent just be lost to time...
A few months ago I downloaded all of the videos on his channels due to a gut feeling I had, though its not an archive for all videos he had EVER uploaded its an archive from maybe 2-3 months ago featuring 43 videos.
Old 19-03-21, 19:41   #37
Ellioft
Professor

This is heartbreaking, I didn't know him personally but I did find his personality really funny. May he rest in peace

Last edited by Ellioft; 19-03-21 at 20:30.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-21, 19:42   #38
Danath
Archaeologist

Unhappy Farewell Chi

This is incredibly sad.

What saddens me the most is that now he will not be able to play my TR2 game and see his great mods in action. He was so generous, and he helped me so much. Without his mods my game wouldn't be the same. And without his help my Mystic Realm map couldn't be done. Such a great person.
At least when the game is released it can serve as a homage to him. I will probably dedicate one of the credit screens to him if i have space for it.

Farewell Chi, may you rest in peace beyond The Floating Islands...
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-21, 19:43   #39
Enya Brennan
Relic Hunter

This is heartbreaking... Such a respected and esteemed member of the fandom, with exciting contributions that have entertained all of us over the years. Such a big loss, so unbelievable. I’ve been less and less active these past few years, but seeing a thread from him was always guarantee of laughter and enjoyable content.

There was one time I had trouble with the Tomb Raider Legend SCU and asked him for help. He diligently guided me through the solution process and went out of his way to do so. Thank you, Chi, I haven’t forgotten. May you rest in peace.
Old 19-03-21, 19:45   #40
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Rest in peace The Great Chi!
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote