Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 25-12-23, 23:52   #91
Tremolo

I actually playing Chronicles and AOD again after a long, long time, but now with Tomb5 patch and Restoration Project installed for AOD. And I must say that the experience in both cases is so much better than the vanilla games.

I never liked so much Chronicles and AOD. I always played by the nostalgia factor and for the love of Lara and Tomb Raider franchise. But now, with the patches installed, both games looks polished enough to be decent and fun games. In fact, AOD has been improved a lot thanks to the Restoration Project. Tomb5 fixed all the bugs and glitches that made Chronicles a mediocre videogame, and now looks decent.
Tremolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-23, 03:18   #92
deadmando9

Maybe a game developer will take an interest in AOD and make the way it should have been. After all, there is an interest in retro gaming nowadays.
deadmando9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-24, 16:40   #93
DenisTheRaider

Well, as much as I love TR: Chronicles, there are some things I just can't stand:
- the fact that you can't skip cutscenes
- all the stories in the game are very short; they are just 3–4 levels.
- there are lots of things Lara could do, but they're replaced with cutscenes.
- some puzzles are just confusing.
- you don't keep your supplies (flares and medipacks) once a new story begins, which is annoying.
- Overall, the game is very short compared to The Last Revelation.
DenisTheRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-24, 00:37   #94
amethyst

I just finished playing Chronicles for the first time in over a decade (and only the second time in my life) and dang, I don't know, but Red Alert was hella buggy. Like the grappling ropes would wig out every time I loaded. And in the room where I killed the cyborg guy to get the first key piece, the water was already on the ground and I hadn't even shot the valve yet.

Also maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but why was Von Croy in a wheelchair during the VCI levels, even though they are supposed to take place before the events of the main game for TLR and he would walk? Did he make himself a cyborg too?

Last edited by amethyst; 16-01-24 at 01:04.
amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-24, 02:36   #95
deadmando9

@ amethyst: Nope Von Croy is in a wheelchair because of a leg injury he sustained in Tomb Raider The Last Revelation. It's the only explanation that makes any sense.

Last edited by deadmando9; 16-01-24 at 02:39.
deadmando9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-24, 11:21   #96
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
I just finished playing Chronicles for the first time in over a decade (and only the second time in my life) and dang, I don't know, but Red Alert was hella buggy. Like the grappling ropes would wig out every time I loaded. And in the room where I killed the cyborg guy to get the first key piece, the water was already on the ground and I hadn't even shot the valve yet.
The PC version of Chronicles is notoriously buggy - especially the VCI levels. Saving on tje wrong spot can completely corrupt your progress.

The tomb5 project aims to fix these and does a decent job with it, I think. At least my last playthrough went without any deadlocks, and I save A LOT.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-24, 08:55   #97
scion05

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmando9 View Post
@ amethyst: Nope Von Croy is in a wheelchair because of a leg injury he sustained in Tomb Raider The Last Revelation. It's the only explanation that makes any sense.
Yeah it's likely as a result of his accident in Cambodia. Apparently he underwent surgery and was able to walk with a stick by 1999.
scion05 is online now   Reply With Quote