Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 03-01-12, 20:13   #11
tomekkobialka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
It depends - I modified the exe myself for my copy of TR Revised, so it takes OGGs. I can send you the exe if you'd like.
I've already converted the files to WAV, haven't tested it yet, but if I need it, I'll ask you to send me the modified .exe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
The extra tracks are taken from other Tomb Raider games - the one that plays at the beginning of Caves is Vertigo from TR2.
I see...I haven't played TR2 in a long time so I didn't recognize it at first. Though I recognize the other extra track, which comes from TR3, which is just as good as I've already remastered TR3...so I'll stick that in I'll upload the modified TR1 Revised tracks after testing, then afterwards I'll get to work with remastering the Vertigo track, which would give me a headstart with the TR2 rerender...

I'm currently working with compatibility for the DOSBox advanced installer...if it goes well I may have the final version up by the end of tomorrow.

EDIT: Converting mp3 files to CORRECT wav format now (not done so previously )

Last edited by tomekkobialka; 03-01-12 at 22:30.
tomekkobialka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 23:36   #12
Gothlegend

You've done an excellent job!
Gothlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 00:05   #13
tomekkobialka

Exclamation

TR1 Rerendered Soundtrack for Daoinhe Sihde's "TR1 Remake" now ready for download!

Readme has been updated as well to include instructions for this version.
Old 04-01-12, 04:40   #14
Tombraiderx08

Hot damn, if I didn't know any better I'd say those were the original tracks. Excellent!
Tombraiderx08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 07:55   #15
ThatNorskChick

Awesome idea, it sounds great! I'm going to check out the TR3 one now.
ThatNorskChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 09:47   #16
mizuno_suisei

God bless free work internet so I could download this So amazing.

Quick thing though, in the TR1 Revised version, 010.wav, between 3 and 5 seconds, you can hear a massive scratch sound. Thought i'd let you know
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 10:37   #17
tomekkobialka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Quick thing though, in the TR1 Revised version, 010.wav, between 3 and 5 seconds, you can hear a massive scratch sound. Thought i'd let you know
I had a listen to it on my computer, but I couldn't hear the scratching sound anywhere (even from the zip folder)...have you tried downloading again? Something might've gone wrong.

However, thanks for pointing this out , and I would like to ask other people to confirm if there is a scratching sound between 3 and 5 seconds on the TR1 Revised soundtrack.

Also, thank you all for your generous feedback and comments.
Old 04-01-12, 11:08   #18
tomekkobialka

Exclamation

Finally, soundtrack for gidierre's 'DOSBox Advanced Installer' has been released!

Readme has been updated to include installation instructions...if people tell me that it all works then I will start compiling installers for easier installation.
Old 04-01-12, 11:17   #19
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

What have you done to the track you named "Wolves Attack!"? You've combined it with another track or extended it, it doesn't end when it should. I was gutted, that's my favourite track of the game

Apart from that, what I've listened to so far is top-notch
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 11:22   #20
tomekkobialka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
What have you done to the track you named "Wolves Attack!"? You've combined it with another track or extended it, it doesn't end when it should. I was gutted, that's my favourite track of the game

Apart from that, what I've listened to so far is top-notch
Whoops, sorry. In the standalone tracks I decided to combine the same themes together; in the actual soundtrack (in-game) this doesn't happen. If you want, you can download the Glidos version, navigate to the Tracks folder in the zip file, and listen to '14tension1' and '21tension2': these two tracks by themselves (in 'Wolves Attack!' it's these the two tracks I combined together)

I'm really sorry, I thought people would prefer to listen to a compilation...but obviously I was deluded.