www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 05-10-15, 09:25   #18781
LCTRF
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWETombRaider View Post
I really don't get this, What is the purpose of exploding chickens?
What was the purpose of locking Winston in the freezer? Fun of course!
LCTRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 09:27   #18782
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
There's still a lot of multiple routes to traverse this hubs that doesn't include ledge-hopping (mostly jumping , climbing ladders , zip-lining and swinging) so I think it's up to the routes he chose to play . While there is a slightly more ledge hopping than the reboot , it's still not even close by any mean to Anniversary's ridiculous overuse of that .
Ladders, zip lines and swinging poles are just as unchallenging as ledges (some of them even more unchallenging). Mechanically speaking, ladders and zip lines don't differ a lot from ledge-shimmying, actually.
Old 05-10-15, 09:34   #18783
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

Well , I thought you were talking specifically about ledges not the challenge . While being a lot less automated and more interesting than LAU's , I don't expect platforming to be that challenging tbh (it stopped being that challenging from AOD onwards anyways) I hope to be proven wrong though with at least some sections of the game (that big sphere in the last trailer with the moving beams and platforms surrounding it sounds very promising from a platforming perspective tbh )
Old 05-10-15, 09:46   #18784
Zebra
Legend

^Well, the main reason for my dislike of ledges is that they take all the challenge out of the platforming. (Though the fact that they tend to look hideously out of place in many environments, especially with all that fluorescent paint they're covered in, is also a factor.)
Old 05-10-15, 14:51   #18785
DOPE
Relic Hunter

You guys think there's a little chance the game might be released earlier than Nov 2016 on PS4?
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 14:54   #18786
Soul
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
You guys think there's a little chance the game might be released earlier than Nov 2016 on PS4?
Good joke
Old 05-10-15, 14:56   #18787
JayB18
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Well , I thought you were talking specifically about ledges not the challenge . While being a lot less automated and more interesting than LAU's , I don't expect platforming to be that challenging tbh (it stopped being that challenging from AOD onwards anyways) I hope to be proven wrong though with at least some sections of the game (that big sphere in the last trailer with the moving beams and platforms surrounding it sounds very promising from a platforming perspective tbh )
Yeah I hope there are a few good sections. Anniversary at least had a couple of good ideas and timing sections to make platforming seem a little better. Too bad the vast majority of it was the awful ledge hopping. Even Legend and Underworld weren't nearly as bad for ledge hopping. The Reboot had a nice balance of traversal and this looks to be the same. They just need to make use of the ability to control her jump distance and direction and maybe add a few timed sections with little room for error. The Hall of Ascension and Temple of Handmaidens timed sections were extremely forgiving.
JayB18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 15:03   #18788
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Quote:
I doubt it, if that happens SE would have to return the money to Microsoft for breaking their agreement.
Don't worry, a year isn't that long to wait.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 15:10   #18789
JayB18
Archaeologist

Quote:
I doubt it but it could be anywhere from Oct-Dec I imagine. Do you have a decent PC or a 360 by chance. That is the route Id go to hold me over. Im getting a Xbox One though before release though because there are enough games on the platform to justify it for me (Forza and Forza Horizon series, Ori and the blind Forest, Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay, Gears of War Ultimate Edition).
JayB18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 15:40   #18790
Bomb Fighter
Professor

I can´t wait for the time before release, when the press will start getting their press kits and suddenly my Instagram will explode with the promo material. And then a shop or two will break the release date and poeple will start posting blurry unboxing pics. It´s happening right now with UC:NDC!