Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 24-07-19, 22:06   #11221
Blackmoor

I was just pondering my favourite areas / levels in the UC series........

UC4 - Libertalia....... omg, this is gorgeous and amazing. Everytime I get there I just want to stay there wandering around checking out all the old buildings. Shame we have to have all those fights.

UC3 - London, Syria night time levels are equally beautiful and evocative. The London bit in particular is very reminsicent of being in that part of London. I also love the ship graveyard area, the whole thing is brilliantly conceived and gameplay wise is amazing.

UC2 - For me it's breaking into the museum near the start. It is very atmospheric and sets up the story nicely.

UC1 - When we're on the jet skis....... apart from the all shooting, I love trying to avoid the obstacles and take in the nice scenery.

Anyone else want to share their favourite areas?
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 07:28   #11222
Quebsenuef

Ooo I’ll join!

UC1 - Theres a few areas around the ruins of the lost city where it’s kinda dark, a bit foggy. I think the catacombs are involved. I haven’t played in a good while so I’m having trouble remembering. There’s a certain ambiance that I get there, like I’m being watched. No guards or mercenaries. It’s quiet.. too quiet. Gives me the creeps and I love it!

UC2 - Shambala. Everywhere else in the game has parts I like, and parts I don’t. I really enjoyed the entirety of Shambala.

UC3 - I loved most of this game! London was good, Syria at night was great! France was alright. The shipyard was alright. I loved the wandering the desert and finding the settlement. If I had to pick I’d say City of Brass. It’s so beautiful there!

UC4 - Definitely Libertalia! I loved exploring these ruins of this pirate city. It gave me a bit of that creepy vibe I mentioned in UC1. Like I’m not alone, I’m being watched. I really wish there was some sort of supernatural aspect in UC4. Its all I feel was missing from UC4.

TLL - Any of the Temple sections. I can’t remember them exactly but they felt grand and elaborate, just like UC2.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 15:27   #11223
Blackmoor

^I think we have similar-ish tastes.

Oh, I forgot about Lost Legacy....!

I realy like the temple sections too in that game, although I do like the start also - the dark, war ravaged city bit. Lost Legacy is beautiful.

And tbh, all of the cities at the end of the UC's are beautiful too, they do a great job with them.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 16:01   #11224
TR1249

UC1 - I like the Submarine Section a lot and also later when you walk through that Ruin (before the Jetski section)

UC2 - Every second of Tibet before Shambala and Shambala itself

UC3 - France and England the most (and Syria at night)

UC4 - Libertalia and driving through Madagascar

LL - The Lost City (the fake one)

But everything's is always stunning
TR1249 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-19, 02:45   #11225
Heisenberg

Great idea.

U1 - I get such TRU meets TR1 vibes from the beginning. And then the U-Boat... I love it.

U2 - From Nepal to Tibet to Shambhala it's a ride and it's all stunning.

U3 - Settlement, the desert Area, the music and T s Eliot poem... beautiful.

U4 - Nate and Elena driving to New Devon, that's all. It is the peak.

TLL - Halabidu and Belur and the open area section. Because the game is shorter and more "contained", it packs all of what I love of Uncharted in 1 package and thus is a favorite. And Chloe and her witty classic Lara remarks are the cherry on top.
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-19, 19:28   #11226
Yeauxleaux

Ooh I love this!

UC1 - The entire island is fantastic I think, it's my favourite setting of the whole series. The way they build atmosphere through little hints and environmental cues throughout is amazing. On the first playthrough it makes you question "what happened here?" (which we get answers to later of course). I also definitely agree with Queb and I've commented on this before, that intangible eerie and tense quality the island had, that "something's off here." kind of vibe. It really felt like such a dangerous and truly lost place that lived up to the "Uncharted" title, and I don't think another location since has quite done that tbh.

If I had to choose specific parts, I really love the plane-wrecked jungle areas, the flooded city and the monastery.

UC2 - Shambala is the obvious stand out, I love the imagination here. I also think the train setpiece was amazing, getting that transition from the lush tropical lowlands up into the snowy mountains. The mountain village was also really sweet.

UC3 - Yemen actually stands out to me the most. The brawl in the marketplace, the chase through the city, and the slower-paced "tomb-y" part with the puzzles were all a lot of fun to me. The Syria part always irritated me tbh, I liked it visually but I find it a slog to play.

UC4 - Alongside LL this is the Uncharted I've played the least so I don't really remember it all clearly. From what I remember, I liked the Scottish Highlands section a lot, I think it had a good mix of combat, puzzles and platforming and it looked cool visually. I do think Libertalia was very reminiscent of the UC1 island visually and I liked that, but I disagree with Queb there I don't think it had such a gripping eeriness factor, personally.

LL - Western Ghats is probably most memorable for me because of how open it was. There was also a later level that was really vertical (I seem to remember it had like a giant Shiva statue or similar with moving arms, but I can't really remember now). That was another great level.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 28-07-19 at 01:13.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-19, 14:24   #11227
sackboy123

Anyone hoping that UC2 and UC3 Multiplayer could possibly get remastered?

I mean the whole reason why ND didn't want the ND collection to have Multiplayer was because the PS3 community was still strong and they didn't want to split it. So my question is, with UC2 and UC3 MP closing on PS3, could we see it coming back to light on PS4?
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-19, 14:51   #11228
Vinkula

I doubt it as U4 is going strong.
Vinkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-19, 15:00   #11229
sackboy123

Last time I played Uncharted 4 though, the majority of the game modes were dead. No one was even playing Classic and took me a while to get into a Co-op game
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-19, 16:44   #11230
BeautifulMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
Anyone hoping that UC2 and UC3 Multiplayer could possibly get remastered?
Nope. The only remaster that still might happen is Golden Abyss. But i do hope they will make some free to play Uncharted multiplayer for PS5 with all the maps, characters etc unless they are making another Uncharted game
BeautifulMan is offline   Reply With Quote