Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 19-07-19, 18:00   #101
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
The only bit about that which sounds remotely like a terminator film is addressing contemporary concerns: which Genisys did in abundance in my opinion by the way. What I’m referring to is the over reliance and over abundance on OTT action which I never saw as being an element of the first two movies. They had their moment and they were great but by and large they were about the journey l, characters and story. This featurette is literally ‘omg so much action it’s relentless’ I just don’t dig it. Maybe the final pacing will be more impressive but right now the preview material is not impressing me in the slightest.
Terminator 2 had the bar fight, the Galleria fight (where Arnold and Robert were throwing each otehr about like ragdolls), an exchange at Pescadero, Arnold opening fire on the entire LAPD with a minigun, then shooting the entire SWAT team in the leg, then shooting the remaining police with smoke grenades, followed by the helicopter/truck chase, and final fight where again Arnold and Robert throw each other around like ragdolls.

Sounds like plenty of OTT action to me from the second film alone, much more than just 'moments'. The only film to not have any OTT action would have been the original.

Yes, they definitely went too far OTT in the previous three films and there are undoubtedly OTT elements here too, but we've seen very little of the film even between the trailers and the behind the scenes we've gotten.

Last edited by ggctuk; 19-07-19 at 18:07.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-19, 06:09   #102
KManX89

New trailer:

Damn, I must admit, I really liked the last 2 trailers. This newest one was dope.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-19, 07:23   #103
ggctuk

The first trailer was very underwhelming. This one actually has me... 'hyped' might be too strong a word, but definitely much more interested in seeing it.

I really hope they don't blow it with further trailers spoiling the big plot points - like Genisys did. Its one big twist, spoiled in a trailer.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-19, 09:46   #104
James_Rutland

To add to that awesome trailer, there's ANOTHER trailer (Red band, I assume)

Wow, now if only they released this before the first trailer...
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-19, 15:45   #105
redfox45

Interesting. I really think the story would be better with Sarah as the lone protector though, I feel like it'd be so much easier to invest in a bond if it was just the two of them.
I really couldn't be less interested in this new hybrid character. Nothing about her looks appealing.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-19, 01:46   #106
TRhalloween

I was never interested in the Terminator series beyond T2 but his looks really cool.
I liked Sarah's "I'll be back". Reminds me of Laurie disappearing below the balcony in Halloween '18.
TRhalloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-19, 14:12   #107
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
Interesting. I really think the story would be better with Sarah as the lone protector though, I feel like it'd be so much easier to invest in a bond if it was just the two of them.
I really couldn't be less interested in this new hybrid character. Nothing about her looks appealing.
Oh I like the idea of sarah alone again! like back to the first movie

as for terminators, seems like they will never be able to top Robert Patrick as the T1000
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-19, 17:17   #108
Zelda master

That's a good trailer, though I really dislike the new lead to have such a terrible attitude: "If you put her life in danger, I will **** you up." (though Sarah's response is on point)
So we have an actual bad ass character and another who they'll try to make awesome, but going by the way everything regarding her looks, it's such a try hard thing. Just write her as an actual bad ass character instead of whatever this is supposed to be for some type of attempt.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 05:28   #109
HD Simplicityy

lol.
I like Connor's "Ill be back" moment. Ridiculous looking movie haha. May be good.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 10:54   #110
James_Rutland

This might come as a surprise to some people, but the first wave of reviews for Dark Fate are VERY positive. It's getting buzz for being what The Force Awakens was to Star Wars, but for Terminator. I'm actually hopeful now!

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2...rst-reactions/

I also read that the opening titles is Sarah's talk with Silberman from Terminator 2. I love that.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote