Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-06-20, 09:21   #11
jackoimina

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Skip Rise, there is no mention of it besides one side comment in Shadow. Otherwise the plot is pretty standalone.
Pretty much this. In the overall story of this trilogy Rise is a filler game that has zero impact on story and Lara's character development. Shadow feels like a direct sequel to Reboot for me. You don't have to remember much, just Jonah and that she generally survived that whole horror show and grew as a person by the end of that game and that's it. Trinity is introduced in Shadow all over again as if we never dealt with them in Rise and family history is presented and handled miles better than all of the flashbacks in Rise Go straight into Shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackraider View Post
I've already played through rise in what 2016 was it? Played reboot in 2014-2015ish. I really enjoyed reboot 1, but the story in Rise and with Trinity didn't keep my interest. I thought reboot 1 was easier to follow as the island was ultimately the biggest danger, along with saving Lara's friends, and defeating the islands cult groups. I vaguely remember the story in that entry, but I just remember the island was the central focus. So I kind of like how Shadow focus on the jungles akin to how reboot1 focuses on the island.
Yup you're good to go with Shadow than, even better that you don't remember much from Rise or it wasn't as interesting for you bc as I just wrote, Shadow itself kinda almost erased Rise from canon. There is like one line in passing that mentions the Deathless ones or smth, completely unimportant and so small it's easily missed if you dont trigger that particular conversation. That's it, that's all the imapct Rise had on Shadow haha
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote