Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 28-12-15, 20:12   #21
GaviCroftREmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname View Post
I edited the main.sfx file for Tomb Raider 2 a while back to replace some of the sound effects with higher quality ones that I found in TR3 and a desktop theme that came with Tomb Raider Gold. Here's a video of it:

And here's the modified main.sfx: http://nonametr.110mb.com/TR2HQsfx.zip (Get the no cd patch from here and put it in the data folder)
For The Golden Mask (TR2 Gold):http://nonametr.110mb.com/TR2GHQsfx.zip (Again put it in the data folder)

So what do you guys think? And does anyone know where else I can get a high quality version of a TR2 sound effect (like from another game)?
Excuse me im wondering how do import TRA TRL sound files with msfx Because every time put in one and bulid it it crashes
GaviCroftREmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-15, 02:43   #22
LateRaider
Inactive

Would it be possible to just have a mod that keeps the original quality sound effects, but replaces the rolling noise with the one from Tomb Raider I or III? The rolling noise has always, always been a horrible burden of a sound...
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 20:32   #23
innuendo1231

Default New version

Hello everyone!

I made a new version of the HQ sound effects pack. I didn't rellay like the pack in the form it was released earlier, so I modified some things. This release is based mostly on the separate sound files on nonametr's website.

What's different:

- There used to be an awkard contrast between the updgraded and non-upgraded sounds. To minimize this, I applied an equalizer to each upgraded sound respectively, to make them more dull / muffled. They are still better quality then the originals, but the difference isn't so bothering now, they blend better.

- I removed those sfx updgrades that were only a part of sequence that combined them with non-upgraded sounds (for example upgraded shotgun-pump + non-upgraded shotgon shot). They were just awkward. Similary, some upgraded sounds were in variation with other non-updgraded sounds, these were removed too.

- Added a few new updgrades. TR 2013 uses the same steep water splashes (among others). I also replaced some of the tr1 originated upgrades as I wasn't satisfied with their quality, I was able to achieve better results at some of them. + richochet sounds + giant ball rolling sounds etc....

- There are two sounds that I decided to swap with non-identical upgrades. These are: Waterfall sound and ambient water sound (you know, the one that sounded like someone slurping a lollipop with two distinctive footstep noises? I was always looking around for enemies...). These were replaced by edited and mixed sounds from TR 2013. I think the result is very good.

- All of the non-replaced sfx were upscaled to 22050 hz via iZotope 64 sample rate converter. This made them sound just a tiny bit better.

Some of you don't like the original rolling sound so I uploaded two versions:

With original rolling sound :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrj88zv2e4n7fbd/main.sfx?dl=0

With rolling sound from TR 4 (don't forget to rename the file) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gkj4s3ygj..._roll.sfx?dl=0

Let me know what you think. Have fun.

Last edited by innuendo1231; 01-02-16 at 21:15. Reason: PS.
innuendo1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-16, 07:52   #24
LateRaider
Inactive

I never saw this, but upon reading this, I immediately said "Oh thank you, sweet baby Jesus." I will have to install this if the crappy TRII rolling sound is nixed. Thank you so much, innuendo1231. I'll let you know how I like this when I wake up.

Will this main.SFX work with The Golden Mask as well, or no? Since the original poster seems to have made two versions, (One for TRII and one for TRII Gold.) it looks like the answer is no.

Last edited by LateRaider; 14-03-16 at 07:53.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-16, 02:43   #25
noname

Lol, this thread is almost 7 years old and isn't even the latest thread I made on this subject. Check this out for the most up to date version: http://nonametr.webuda.com/tr2hqsfx.htm

Nice effort with your version innuendo1231.

Last edited by noname; 17-03-16 at 02:55.
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-16, 18:59   #26
laracroft1997

when is HQ sound FX for TR3 Happening ?
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-16, 14:56   #27
noname

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroft1997 View Post
when is HQ sound FX for TR3 Happening ?
Not really necessary. The sound effects in TR3 and up are high enough quality as it is.
Old 27-07-19, 22:08   #28
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname View Post
Lol, this thread is almost 7 years old and isn't even the latest thread I made on this subject. Check this out for the most up to date version: http://nonametr.webuda.com/tr2hqsfx.htm

Nice effort with your version innuendo1231.
This thread recently hit a 10 year anniversary
I was just browsing some of the files I got for the classics trying to sort them out and I stumbled upon the high-quality sound mod for TR2 that you created. Decided to check if there's something new related to it and by pure accident, I saw that all of the files have been updated on moddb.com on May 29th, 2019.

Last time I checked was in 2015 and to this day I see that 23 audio files have been modified with 8 completely new files added:
19WaterFootstep.wav
20WaterFootstep.wav
21WaterFootstep.wav
22WaterFootstep.wav
175SnowmobileStart.wav
177SnowmobileAccelerate.wav
179SnowmobileStop.wav
216MotorBoatStart.wav

Shame you are no longer updating your thread here nor your main website.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 23:46   #29
Brendanlovesu1

Is this happening for TR1 as well?
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 03:20   #30
noname

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
This thread recently hit a 10 year anniversary
I was just browsing some of the files I got for the classics trying to sort them out and I stumbled upon the high-quality sound mod for TR2 that you created. Decided to check if there's something new related to it and by pure accident, I saw that all of the files have been updated on moddb.com on May 29th, 2019.

Last time I checked was in 2015 and to this day I see that 23 audio files have been modified with 8 completely new files added:
19WaterFootstep.wav
20WaterFootstep.wav
21WaterFootstep.wav
22WaterFootstep.wav
175SnowmobileStart.wav
177SnowmobileAccelerate.wav
179SnowmobileStop.wav
216MotorBoatStart.wav

Shame you are no longer updating your thread here nor your main website.
Hey! Sorry I didn't update the thread. I only added 4 sound effects since the previous update so I didn't really think it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
Is this happening for TR1 as well?
Unfortunately it's not possible. I tried with TombATI but there's a limit on how much memory the sound effects can take up.