Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 21-03-18, 08:48   #1151
JMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombLevBauer View Post
I don't quite understand what you mean by the second bug "Dragging on red texture triangle to select corner (shortcut ~) selects opposite corner.". Can you elaborate on the steps you are doing?
Try this:
Select a tile in the texture panel, best if size is 128x128 or larger. There is a yellow and red triangle. Drag in a circular motion on the selected texture tile. You'll see the red triangle, which indicates the part of the texture that will be applied to a triangular room sector, is opposite the cursor position.

BTW, in the original room editor and NGLE you're able to click on a corner of a texture tile and it will select that corner. In TE you have to either use the ~ shortcut or drag in a circular motion.

Quote:
Actually this is supported today. You just have to also use the level texture to texturize your imported geometries.
It's a little bit unfortunate right now but it works. In a future release you will be able to add additional level textures which can then be used eg for imported geometry.
Not quite sure what you mean by using the same level texture to texture imported geometry? Do you mean if I use the same TGA file and same UV coordinates of an animated texture? I've tried applying an animated texture to a room sector, exporting and reimporting the room and it didn't animate on the imported room geometry.

Quote:
Actually surprisingly you can import metasequoia files with the current version, we simply forgot to update the file dialog extension list. You should be able to import the file nevertheless. I fixed the extension list for the next version. (Note that due to a bug discovered today, import will fail on the current version if any texture paths contain spaces)
I wasn't able to select a MQO file as the dialog doesn't give an option to show all files and I wasn't able to drag-and-drop to the imported geometry list either, but good to know it's already fixed.

Quote:
I enabled that for the next release.
I've since discovered that you actually can export all rooms already, but only from the 2D screen by selecting all rooms and right clicking. I've also noticed that the vertex colours on the exported rooms are not being smoothed between rooms. Is that something that will be done now that vertex colours are supported?

Last edited by JMN; 21-03-18 at 13:09.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-18, 21:44   #1152
Craig Michaels

Alright . . . this is going to be an incredibly basic question, but forgive me. I've been absent from TRLE for nearly a decade, but Tomb Editor was too exciting not to have a go.

How do I get the water and the leaves textures to show up with the currently black part as transparent? I can't seem to find a place to check a "transparent" box. They *appear* transparent in AgentXP's HQ India tga set, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get them to be transparent in Tomb Editor or in-game. Last time I did anything like this, transparent textures were magenta!

I searched the thread and didn't find the answer . . . maybe because the answer is so obvious?

Last edited by Craig Michaels; 23-03-18 at 21:49.
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-18, 21:50   #1153
Joey79100

The two last greyed buttons in the toolbar on your screenshots are respectively Additive Blending (transparency) and Double Sided. That's what you're looking for: toggle them on and texture.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-18, 23:25   #1154
Craig Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Additive Blending (transparency) and Double Sided. That's what you're looking for: toggle them on and texture.
Thank you! I had no idea what additive blending meant, thanks for your patience.
Old 24-03-18, 02:48   #1155
Craig Michaels

It's so cool to be able to create octagonal buildings!

If I understood the videos correctly, these triangles between rooms, above diagonal walls, cannot be made doorways right?
Old 24-03-18, 10:06   #1156
Dustie

Not sure if this is what you mean, but triangles on doors are handled automatically in TombEditor, unlike TRLE where you need to mark them with no-collision. If you want the opposite (for the triangles to be solid) use the Force Solid Floor (FSF) button next to the 2D map (while having the desired sector selected).
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-18, 15:07   #1157
Joey79100

He meant triangles with diagonal walls above or below, that are solid no matter what. But if I remember correctly this is fixed in the upcoming version right?
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-18, 17:40   #1158
Dustie

Oh I didn't notice the diagonal walls Since you have triangulated slopes on the upper side of the sector you can try toying with the Force Solid Floor option and see if it makes a difference.
Old 24-03-18, 20:42   #1159
Craig Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Oh I didn't notice the diagonal walls Since you have triangulated slopes on the upper side of the sector you can try toying with the Force Solid Floor option and see if it makes a difference.
Ok, I’ll try, although what I’m hoping for is *not* for them to be solid. Ideally Lara would slide off the roof, should she make it up there, rather than get caught on the invisible triangles above the diagonal wall.
Old 25-03-18, 00:23   #1160
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Michaels View Post
Ok, I’ll try, although what I’m hoping for is *not* for them to be solid. Ideally Lara would slide off the roof, should she make it up there, rather than get caught on the invisible triangles above the diagonal wall.
It's a toggle option, you can try toggling it on and off for the given sector and see if it makes any difference. I believe it does not at this point...