www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 07-02-20, 19:40   #171
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaviCroftREmix View Post
well here i try to explain the best way i can

On the latest Xenia-Master Build, the Title Update might have to be two place the game folder and the folder of the following.

For Title Update
\xenia-master\content\534307EC\000B0000 For the two files titleupdate.000 and default.xexp copy those and also have them in the game fold with the default.xex if it is already patched delete the .xexp and keep the title updates in both folders.

For DLC
\xenia-master\content\534307EC\00000002\All folders containing the dlc also all dlc files have to extracted and placed in the folder with the same name as the file.

load the game and click downloadable content and lara icon.
Don't know if Canary builds are different this way, but I didn't need to extract any of the files.
I tried extracting, it didn't work for me. Works for me if I don't extract.
Old 07-02-20, 19:44   #172
JOHN30011887
Student

You cannot have the .xexp file next to the unpatched default.xex, the game wont launch, iv done patched and unpatched, just wont work on my end

For title update is doesn't make difference if iv extracted or kept it as 1 file

Dlc's

Update (single file or the extracted 2 files, no difference)

Game folder (Patched default.xex or not, no difference)

As i said, i give up, il wait for this emulator to get better with dlc support, iv used emu's for years but this one is a massive headache to me
Old 07-02-20, 20:20   #173
GaviCroftREmix
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN30011887 View Post
You cannot have the .xexp file next to the unpatched default.xex, the game wont launch, iv done patched and unpatched, just wont work on my end

For title update is doesn't make difference if iv extracted or kept it as 1 file

Dlc's

Update (single file or the extracted 2 files, no difference)

Game folder (Patched default.xex or not, no difference)

As i said, i give up, il wait for this emulator to get better with dlc support, iv used emu's for years but this one is a massive headache to me
Ok good your actually almost finished but as i said to make sure your two title update.000's in the game and in 000B000 Folder along with the default.xexp

You did your DLC wrong download velocity and extract your DLC files by there name and if it doesn't create a folder spelled the same way the file is spelled for example

Make sure that the packxxx.000 is in the corresponding folder or the engine will crash.

Also If the DLC's won't load go to the xenia.config.toml
and find the command PROJECT_ZERO=TRUE--->FALSE

Last edited by GaviCroftREmix; 07-02-20 at 20:33.
GaviCroftREmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 20:38   #174
JOHN30011887
Student

OMFG, well now i feel stupid, i had the tools for extracting but didnt even cross my mind to extract all the dlc files, now they show up in the menu

Sorted text issue, forgot to patch the default file again, ooops

Thanks so much for the help

Last edited by JOHN30011887; 07-02-20 at 20:44.
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-20, 08:03   #175
valerys
Hobbyist

Are there any specific tweaks for Xenia? The DLC works fine except I get some minor graphical glitches and completely borked graphics when using 2x scaler. Also the game randomly freezes (not the shader caching stutter, but completely frozen) and/or it gets locked in an audio loop.

Last edited by valerys; 19-02-20 at 08:11.
valerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-20, 21:04   #176
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerys View Post
Are there any specific tweaks for Xenia? The DLC works fine except I get some minor graphical glitches and completely borked graphics when using 2x scaler. Also the game randomly freezes (not the shader caching stutter, but completely frozen) and/or it gets locked in an audio loop.
Xenia is still WIP: unfortunately there are no known fixes for either the res scaling, nor the freezeing issue. (for now )
Old 19-02-20, 23:06   #177
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

This is exciting, finally the DLC on PC ! Kudos to emulators.
Old 20-02-20, 05:54   #178
ANoDE
Gold Membership

Stupid question: Could I buy the game & DLC right out of the emulator or would I have to get a disc version and buy the DLC on a real console before transferring it to the emulator?
Old 21-02-20, 13:51   #179
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Stupid question: Could I buy the game & DLC right out of the emulator or would I have to get a disc version and buy the DLC on a real console before transferring it to the emulator?
You need to buy the game DLCs on the console, or I think you can log into your xbox account on web, buy it there. But I think you'd still need a console to get the DLC files.
Old 21-02-20, 15:07   #180
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY2013 View Post
You need to buy the game DLCs on the console, or I think you can log into your xbox account on web, buy it there. But I think you'd still need a console to get the DLC files.
Welp, that really defeats the purpose of emulating it. I was ready to buy an xbox copy of TRU and the DLC's, but if I have to have a 360 as well, then I might as well just use the 360 to play.