www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-12, 00:31   #1021
larafan25
Junior Member
 
larafan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 69,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
You're seeing it from a different angle to me. When Karl mentioned unlockables in relation to exploration, I interpreted it as meaning unlockables that would open up more exploration, not unlockables because of exploration as you put it.

God knows I'd be furious if I took time out to uncover some kind of secret, only to be rewarded with a bloody costume
I don't know what you mean.

The game is going to have gear gating, and obviously we'll need to explore to find items in the game in order to progress and maybe even unlock extra spaces.

But of course extra exploration, rewarded by unlockables would be things like....**** you give as unlockables.

I doubt well just get unlockable outfits.
__________________
I get wild on ya baby
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:31   #1022
Lukass
Tomb Raider
 
Lukass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bluff Creek
Posts: 24,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Unlockables have everything to do with exploration when you need to explore to find them, so having unlockables pushes the player to explore, if those unlockables seem valuable to them.

edit: BTW I think they spoke about unlockables elsewhere too.
That makes sense. They said there is going to be a lot of things to explore, discover and reveal. I wouldn't mind unclockable outfits as a reward for exploring. I just would like the outfits to fit in the game. I don't want some crazy candy pink outfits.
__________________
"I have quite cool and detailed daydreams" - Rai
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:32   #1023
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 33,006
Default

^ I like that idea, Lukass, with regards to the winter clothing. Once again, I was typing too much and was too slow.

I like the idea of a few (note: a few) unlockable outfits. Nothing wrong with them, imo. They're just a bit of extra fun. As long as the outfits are appropriate for the situation/environment/weather etc and, for the reboot, they should be new outfits we've not seen before, but, like the current main outfit, maybe there can be a nod to the old ones (like an orange winter jacket coupled with trousers). Giving homage to the old ones is enough, it's not necessary to have the exact outfit, as, it does kinda poo poo over the whole reboot idea.

@Larafan, sure your sister may like short shorts and I guess they're currently in fashion. Maybe Lara has a pair in her wardrobe at home and they're fine in the everyday world of parks and sunshine and back gardens with mud slinging, I just don't see the need for the classic shorts when the current outfit is, 1, more than enough of a homage in itself and 2, more appropriate for the situation Lara was on the Endurance for in the first place and especially for the situation she finds herself in. Oh and 3, It's too soon in the reboot, imo to add the classic outfit. Let's get used to the idea of the reboot first. If there are shorts in the next game, it could be fun to add the classic shorts (just not that short).

On an off topic note: Why the hell is shorts and tights so fashionable these days, it's such an odd combo .
__________________
They're=they are; Their=it belongs to them=their house; There=Look over there!

Last edited by Rai; 02-02-12 at 00:34.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:37   #1024
Lukass
Tomb Raider
 
Lukass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bluff Creek
Posts: 24,064
Default

I think Core Design decided to give her the shorts because she was meant to be sex symbol. They wanted her to be one. Since she's an average girl now and not sex symbol anymore I don't think she'll wear shorts in this game just for the sake of it or just to show she has nice and long legs. I wouldn't mind the shorts if it will be appropriate for the situation/environment and weather as @Rai said though.
__________________
"I have quite cool and detailed daydreams" - Rai
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:37   #1025
tombstone
Professor
 
tombstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Other side of the universe.
Posts: 2,848
Cool

skinny jeans would be a good replacement for short shorts for me
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:40   #1026
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 33,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombstone View Post
skinny jeans would be a good replacement for short shorts for me
Ewww, no. This is Tomb Raider, not walking down the street raider .
__________________
They're=they are; Their=it belongs to them=their house; There=Look over there!
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:41   #1027
larafan25
Junior Member
 
larafan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 69,832
Default

^Crystal apparently said some time ago that Lara doesn't wear jeans anyways, (lol AOD).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
^ I like that idea, Lukass, with regards to the winter clothing. Once again, I was typing too much and was too slow.

I like the idea of a few (note: a few) unlockable outfits. Nothing wrong with them, imo. They're just a bit of extra fun. As long as the outfits are appropriate for the situation/environment/weather etc and, for the reboot, they should be new outfits we've not seen before, but, like the current main outfit, maybe there can be a nod to the old ones (like an orange winter jacket coupled with trousers). Giving homage to the old ones is enough, it's not necessary to have the exact outfit, as, it does kinda poo poo over the whole reboot idea.

@Larafan, sure your sister may like short shorts and I guess they're currently in fashion. Maybe Lara has a pair in her wardrobe at home and they're fine in the everyday world of parks and sunshine and back gardens with mud slinging, I just don't see the need for the classic shorts when the current outfit is, 1, more than enough of a homage in itself and 2, more appropriate for the situation Lara was on the Endurance for in the first place and especially for the situation she finds herself in. Oh and 3, It's too soon in the reboot, imo to add the classic outfit. Let's get used to the idea of the reboot first. If there are shorts in the next game, it could be fun to add the classic shorts (just not that short).

On an off topic note: Why the hell is shorts and tights so fashionable these days, it's such an odd combo .
I too think the new outfit is a great homage (even thought they seem to say it's unintentional) to the classic outfit, but others will still want that specific look, regardless of where the straps are placed or how short the shorts are (but some can be further picky).

I think as an unlockable it doesn't need to stick as close to the rules of the story mode, as long as it doesn't stretch the limit. Maybe there is a warm jungle on the island where it's hot and sticky? Or maybe we get some warm DLC hub space to explore and Lara wears shorts? IDK.

I think the press may pick it up as too soon to see Lara's legs again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
I think Core Design decided to give her the shorts because she was meant to be sex symbol. They wanted her to be one. Since she's an average girl now and not sex symbol anymore I don't think she'll wear shorts in this game just for the sake of it or just to show she has nice and long legs. I wouldn't mind the shorts if it will be appropriate for the situation/environment and weather as @Rai said though.
I think they gave her shorts because shorts are awesome and fun, plus they scream adventure (to me at least). All I wanted to do as a kid was run around the backyard in shorts, and the knees had to be out or else it just wasn't the same.
__________________
I get wild on ya baby
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:41   #1028
Lukass
Tomb Raider
 
Lukass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bluff Creek
Posts: 24,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Ewww, no. This is Tomb Raider, not walking down the Parisian street raider .
Fixed and agreed.
__________________
"I have quite cool and detailed daydreams" - Rai
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:43   #1029
tombstone
Professor
 
tombstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Other side of the universe.
Posts: 2,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Ewww, no. This is Tomb Raider, not walking down the street raider .
you dont want shorts you dont want jeans, would a skirt do it for you
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:43   #1030
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 33,006
Default

@Lukass ^ I was thinking of that at the time

Would a skirt be approriate for the weather/environment/situation? Doubt it. So no.
__________________
They're=they are; Their=it belongs to them=their house; There=Look over there!
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.