www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13-09-12, 21:32   #21
peeves
Legend
 
peeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level
Posts: 65,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanrij View Post
^ It all depends on which save system the original game has. Tomb Raider has save crystals (only to save on one place), so Unfinished Business has the same system. Tomb Raider II has a save anywhere system, so The Golden Mask would have that system as well. Tomb Raider III has save crystals (that you can use everywhere), so The Lost Artefact would have that as well.

Changing the save system would probably be really difficult.
What makes you so sure that changing the save system would be difficult?
__________________
TR1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and legend are the best
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-12, 21:34   #22
jonathanrij
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,285
Default

^ It would possibly be hard to find what controls it. You'd need the source code to rewrite it.
jonathanrij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-12, 21:37   #23
peeves
Legend
 
peeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level
Posts: 65,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanrij View Post
^ It would possibly be hard to find what controls it. You'd need the source code to rewrite it.
So it all has something to do with the same system as the game that was put on the PSN store.
__________________
TR1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and legend are the best
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-12, 21:45   #24
jonathanrij
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,285
Default

^ It depends on the game where it is the expansion pack of.
jonathanrij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-12, 21:48   #25
peeves
Legend
 
peeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level
Posts: 65,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanrij View Post
^ It depends on the game where it is the expansion pack of.
That's what i was talking about.
__________________
TR1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and legend are the best
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-12, 22:16   #26
Sarah7777
Archaeologist
 
Sarah7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 1,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanrij View Post


It has happened. 14 years after its release on the PC, Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business is getting a port to the PlayStation 1. A dream come true for some of you. Compared to the PC version, it should have no compatibility issues, and it'd be possible to play it on handheld devices that support PS1 games.



As you can see, it still has a lot of graphical issues and misplaced textures, but it's getting there. Release date is unknown at the moment.

This has been approved by a moderator, so we're fully allowed to talk about it. I'll update this thread when there's more info.
Wow!That was so awesome!I can't wait for Tomb raider Unfinished Business PS1 Port!What Port?
__________________
NOOOOOO! MI TORTA!
Sarah7777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-12, 22:17   #27
Tiddlyfish13
Professor
 
Tiddlyfish13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. Augustine, FL | Sex: Male | Age: 17
Posts: 4,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanrij View Post
^ It all depends on which save system the original game has. Tomb Raider has save crystals (only to save on one place), so Unfinished Business has the same system. Tomb Raider II has a save anywhere system, so The Golden Mask would have that system as well. Tomb Raider III has save crystals (that you can use everywhere), so The Lost Artefact would have that as well.

Changing the save system would probably be really difficult.
He's porting from PC to PS.

So it's already an unlimited save anywhere system. Nothing is being changed in the save system (I hope). It'd be a stupid move to implement the save crystal saving for TR1/TR3 gold.
__________________
Essentially, I'm just homoeroticism and sass.
Tiddlyfish13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-12, 22:19   #28
peeves
Legend
 
peeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level
Posts: 65,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddlyfish13 View Post
He's porting from PC to PS.

So it's already an unlimited save anywhere system. Nothing is being changed in the save system (I hope). It'd be a stupid move to implement the save crystal saving for TR1/TR3 gold.
You're probably right. Jonathan was mistaken i believe since it's been ages since TR1 and 3 were released. But TR1 gold and TR3 gold were released a while ago as well and i didn't see no single save crystal nowhere.
__________________
TR1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and legend are the best
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-12, 22:20   #29
jonathanrij
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddlyfish13 View Post
He's porting from PC to PS.

So it's already an unlimited save anywhere system. Nothing is being changed in the save system (I hope). It'd be a stupid move to implement the save crystal saving for TR1/TR3 gold.
Nope. He's converted the level files directly (even says so in the video). The save system depends on the way the game has been coded, therefore it stays the same unless he changes it.

Last edited by jonathanrij; 13-09-12 at 22:24.
jonathanrij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-12, 22:25   #30
peeves
Legend
 
peeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level
Posts: 65,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanrij View Post
Nope. He's converted the level files directly (even says so in the video). The save system depends on the way the game has been coded, therefore it stays the same unless he changes it.
ya never know what could happen.
__________________
TR1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and legend are the best
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 20:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.