www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 18-12-19, 06:39   #641
TempleOfHorus
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Alright, so... hi, everybody.

Back in 2012, darlings jonathanrij and Gh0stBlade converted to PS1 the PC-exclusive expansion pack, Tomb Raider I Gold: Unfinished Business. The rules at the time dictated that he had to release the game as components and we had to assemble a working ISO ourselves.

However, just this year, b122251 has released his PS1 conversion of Tomb Raider II Gold: Golden Mask. It was distributed as a compiled BIN/CUE, with seemingly no issues. He even received a commendation from Justin himself.

So I figure it's OK to share my tweaked Tomb Raider I Gold BIN/CUE set, which corrects several errors existing in common builds. b122251 and Suikaze Raider helped me with most of the fixes across a three year period, and it's hard to remember who supplied what, so I'll just send them both a warm thank you, as well as a thank you to jonathanrij and Gh0stBlade for making the original conversion.

Without further ado, here is the new and improved Tomb Raider I Gold: Unfinished Business (NTSC-U).

Code:
https://mega. nz/#!DKpXyYpY!2z5DjgnTlL0ekynxXMtrfgn1TIC6a_wL759zcFR2xBY
(If someone can find me a better place than Mega to host this, I'd be grateful. Please copy/paste the link into your browser and remove the space between "mega." and "nz", so I don't get a false-positive takedown flag for sharing this despite it being homebrew based off of freeware.)

Below is the list of common bugs and their fixes in this build.

- BUG 1: When TRI Gold tries to load TRI's Demo Play reel, the game crashes because it's looking for a level that no longer exists.
- FIX: TRI Gold now skips the routine for loading the Demo Play and instead loads the title screen again.

- BUG 2: Lara's Home lacks voice clips.
- FIX: All of the soundtracks from the base game that were missing have been imported to TRI Gold. This unfortunately makes the compiled game a bit larger.

- BUG 3: Opening the inventory in Lara's Home crashes the game.
- FIX: Fixing bug 2 has also fixed this.

- BUG 4: Memory Card data between Tomb Raider I and Tomb Raider I Gold clash; for example, saving in TRI Gold will overwrite your TRI save, resulting in only the first 4 levels being available on TRI's Level Select. Similarly, starting TRI Gold with TRI data on your Memory Card will give you all 4 Gold levels on TRI Gold's Level Select before you've unlocked them.
- FIX: The internal name of TRI Gold has been changed from TOMBRAIDER to TOMBUB.

- BUG 5: Despite fixing issue 4, Tomb Raider I Gold's Memory Card block is still called "Tomb Raider", making it difficult to discern TRI data from TRI Gold data.
- FIX: TRI Gold's Memory Card ID has been changed to "Tomb Raider Gold".

This build of TRI Gold for PS1 has been tweaked to near perfection, and it's ready to be played on your system of choice. Enjoy!
In Egypt are pumas everywhere instead mummies. Is it deliberate?
TempleOfHorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-19, 21:17   #642
b122251
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleOfHorus View Post
In Egypt are pumas everywhere instead mummies. Is it deliberate?
Yes. They couldn't get the level working with the mummy enemies intact (the file was too big) so they removed these.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 20:10   #643
PTCC
Hobbyist

Quote:
Alright, so... hi, everybody.

Back in 2012, darlings jonathanrij and Gh0stBlade converted to PS1 the PC-exclusive expansion pack, Tomb Raider I Gold: Unfinished Business. The rules at the time dictated that he had to release the game as components and we had to assemble a working ISO ourselves.

However, just this year, b122251 has released his PS1 conversion of Tomb Raider II Gold: Golden Mask. It was distributed as a compiled BIN/CUE, with seemingly no issues. He even received a commendation from Justin himself.

So I figure it's OK to share my tweaked Tomb Raider I Gold BIN/CUE set, which corrects several errors existing in common builds. b122251 and Suikaze Raider helped me with most of the fixes across a three year period, and it's hard to remember who supplied what, so I'll just send them both a warm thank you, as well as a thank you to jonathanrij and Gh0stBlade for making the original conversion.

Without further ado, here is the new and improved Tomb Raider I Gold: Unfinished Business (NTSC-U).

Code:
https://mega. nz/#!DKpXyYpY!2z5DjgnTlL0ekynxXMtrfgn1TIC6a_wL759zcFR2xBY
(If someone can find me a better place than Mega to host this, I'd be grateful. Please copy/paste the link into your browser and remove the space between "mega." and "nz", so I don't get a false-positive takedown flag for sharing this despite it being homebrew based off of freeware.)

Below is the list of common bugs and their fixes in this build.

- BUG 1: When TRI Gold tries to load TRI's Demo Play reel, the game crashes because it's looking for a level that no longer exists.
- FIX: TRI Gold now skips the routine for loading the Demo Play and instead loads the title screen again.

- BUG 2: Lara's Home lacks voice clips.
- FIX: All of the soundtracks from the base game that were missing have been imported to TRI Gold. This unfortunately makes the compiled game a bit larger.

- BUG 3: Opening the inventory in Lara's Home crashes the game.
- FIX: Fixing bug 2 has also fixed this.

- BUG 4: Memory Card data between Tomb Raider I and Tomb Raider I Gold clash; for example, saving in TRI Gold will overwrite your TRI save, resulting in only the first 4 levels being available on TRI's Level Select. Similarly, starting TRI Gold with TRI data on your Memory Card will give you all 4 Gold levels on TRI Gold's Level Select before you've unlocked them.
- FIX: The internal name of TRI Gold has been changed from TOMBRAIDER to TOMBUB.

- BUG 5: Despite fixing issue 4, Tomb Raider I Gold's Memory Card block is still called "Tomb Raider", making it difficult to discern TRI data from TRI Gold data.
- FIX: TRI Gold's Memory Card ID has been changed to "Tomb Raider Gold".

This build of TRI Gold for PS1 has been tweaked to near perfection, and it's ready to be played on your system of choice. Enjoy!
Thank you,
but this Version doesnt work, blackscreen after choosing " New Game"

I tried it with an Emulator, Ps3 cfw and a Playstation 1 with modchip.
PTCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 22:58   #644
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTCC View Post
Thank you,
but this Version doesnt work, blackscreen after choosing " New Game"

I tried it with an Emulator, Ps3 cfw and a Playstation 1 with modchip.
it won't work properly on a PS3. the music in TRI (and TRII) is CDDA format (AKA redbook audio, meaning the soundtrack is stored on the disc the same way music is stored on CDs). and PS3 typically has issues trying to load CDDA music. you need to go through a very lengthy process in order to get it to work on a PS3 (basically you have to convert every audio track to a format a PS3 can read in a game, recompile the game, and then turn it into a PS1 Classic)

as for emulation, if you're using ePSXe, try these settings:

use sound plugin "ePSXe SPU core 2.0.0"

config plugin with "sound latency - 0: normal latency" and "sound effects - 2: full sound effects." also, be sure you load the image file from the CUE, not the BIN; the CUE tells the BIN what music to play and the game freaks out at the title screen if it doesn't have any music instructions

if youre using retroarch, pSX, or something else, idk what to tell you

Last edited by LateRaider; 04-01-20 at 02:27.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 23:06   #645
b122251
Explorer

So last weekend I thought I might have a go at doing my own conversion of Unfinished Business.

More on this soon.
Old 08-01-20, 00:16   #646
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Looks great so far. We'll always be grateful to Jonathanrij and Gh0stblade but it'll be nice to have no altered enemies this time around.

One thing I'd like to say is I thought Jon/Gh0st's Save Crystal placements were very thoughtful and well-placed. I don't think there's a need to do anything different, but I respect if you decide otherwise.

Last edited by LateRaider; 11-01-20 at 07:07.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 07:26   #647
b122251
Explorer

Quote:
One thing I'd like to say is I thought Jon/Gh0st's Save Crystal placements were very thoughtful and well-placed. I don't think there's a need to do anything different, but I respect if you decide otherwise.
I agree. I think I'll have the same save crystal placement. I also talked to Sardoc about using his music triggers.
Old 08-01-20, 08:32   #648
Maverin
Archaeologist

Good luck on your project!
Old 08-01-20, 09:11   #649
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
I agree. I think I'll have the same save crystal placement. I also talked to Sardoc about using his music triggers.
that'd be interesting for sure. i would appreciate it if that was optional though and we could still use the original with just ambient noise and no music. but again, i respect if you decide against that. i'm sure a real PS1 port of UB would have the music triggers
Old 08-01-20, 18:38   #650
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
that'd be interesting for sure. i would appreciate it if that was optional though and we could still use the original with just ambient noise and no music. but again, i respect if you decide against that. i'm sure a real PS1 port of UB would have the music triggers
Thinking about it... I forget.. Did TR2 and 3 Gold use triggered music - or was it just ambience background track.
Haven't played them in so long I forget haha

Awesome work seeing the mummies in Egypt b122251.
Look forward to this version also.
Just having the extra challenge of save crystals is amazing. Personally I wish TR2 and 3 had kept those as an option.
I love them..
Kind of like the typewriters in older Resident Evil games.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote