www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-19, 21:46   #14581
TrustyBow
Professor
 
TrustyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,328
Default

Are we supposed to assume that the scene where Lara's camping out in the forest (Right before her first kill) is the same day that she escaped the camp? I might just be overthinking it, but Lu Ren got shot in the shoulder, and next time we see him, he's good enough to work. Makes me wonder if there were a couple days that passed by after Lara escaped.
__________________
TRF: "Classics good. Reboot bad."
TrustyBow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 22:01   #14582
Ellioft
Professor
 
Ellioft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: France
Posts: 3,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Are we supposed to assume that the scene where Lara's camping out in the forest (Right before her first kill) is the same day that she escaped the camp? I might just be overthinking it, but Lu Ren got shot in the shoulder, and next time we see him, he's good enough to work. Makes me wonder if there were a couple days that passed by after Lara escaped.
Nah it takes place in the night of the same day I think
__________________
There's a place even Lara Croft wouldn't dare to adventure and it's called TRF
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 22:02   #14583
Portugalraider
Professor
 
Portugalraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Are we supposed to assume that the scene where Lara's camping out in the forest (Right before her first kill) is the same day that she escaped the camp? I might just be overthinking it, but Lu Ren got shot in the shoulder, and next time we see him, he's good enough to work. Makes me wonder if there were a couple days that passed by after Lara escaped.
I will assume that yes because movie logic. :/
__________________
#StayTheF***Home
Portugalraider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 22:12   #14584
TrustyBow
Professor
 
TrustyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Nah it takes place in the night of the same day I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I will assume that yes because movie logic. :/
Haha yeah, makes sense. I'm still kind of bummed that we didn't see any survival-esque scenes in the movie. Would've been interesting to see the struggle she had to go through to get to that point before the first kill.
__________________
TRF: "Classics good. Reboot bad."
TrustyBow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 23:08   #14585
Portugalraider
Professor
 
Portugalraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Would've been interesting to see the struggle she had to go through to get to that point before the first kill.
I feel the same. I would be cool to see Lara on her own surviving. And it would help in slowing the pace a bit down between the river scene and the first kill.
__________________
#StayTheF***Home
Portugalraider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 13:30   #14586
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider
 
Tonyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Devil's Pit
Posts: 19,696
Default

If they had of included a short scene of her killing the deer and setting up camp it would have worked wonders for showing us that survival side of Lara. I hope in the next film we see her use some bushcraft like skills.

Ive just read the the Harley Quinn film has a budget of $75 million too, I'm hoping they will do something similar with Tomb Raider to allow more ambitious storytelling without the studio getting involved on how to spread the cost and making it less paint by numbers than the first.
__________________
Does anybody really read these?!

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 07-06-19 at 13:35.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 16:10   #14587
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist
 
GeekOfComedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: World
Posts: 2,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
If they had of included a short scene of her killing the deer and setting up camp it would have worked wonders for showing us that survival side of Lara. I hope in the next film we see her use some bushcraft like skills.

Ive just read the the Harley Quinn film has a budget of $75 million too, I'm hoping they will do something similar with Tomb Raider to allow more ambitious storytelling without the studio getting involved on how to spread the cost and making it less paint by numbers than the first.
That would be a nice number too as it means the film needs to earn $57M less than before and even a sequel should be able to bag $218M which is basically what it made from overseas box office the American box office was like a cherry on top.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 16:26   #14588
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider
 
Tonyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Devil's Pit
Posts: 19,696
Default

It could go either way, I'm hoping theses films will be less Marvel more John Wick. Definitely some more ambitious storytelling is needed and when you have larger budgets there's a lot more interference from the studio. A riskier lower budget story with an interesting writer is definitely a step in the right direction.

Not at all to dismiss the efforts of Evan Daugherty or Geneva Robertson Dworet but they were writers room Hollywood and probably why it came off as more like hitting bullet points or cliche to the reviewers. Although I personally liked it. I hope this time they take more chances and Amy Jump is certainly a choice that is unconventional. I'll be interested to see what director they get for the film be it Ben Wheatley or someone else.

Amy's films are that diverse it's hard to know what she will make from this so atleast when a director gets attatched we will have an idea of what sort of direction it could go in.
__________________
Does anybody really read these?!

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 07-06-19 at 16:49.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 17:05   #14589
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist
 
GeekOfComedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: World
Posts: 2,000
Default

It needs to be a crowd pleaser though!
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 17:17   #14590
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider
 
Tonyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Devil's Pit
Posts: 19,696
Default

I hope that we get something different and unique enough that people will check it out and critics will enjoy it despite it not being a Marvel or Disney film.
__________________
Does anybody really read these?!
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 22:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.