www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 12-11-19, 08:24   #15151
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

Not gonna lie - I died this morning to find that Ben Wheatley had sent a request to follow my Insta account!!! Like WTF!!!!

Has he followed anyone else?
Old 12-11-19, 09:01   #15152
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccroft2003 View Post
Not gonna lie - I died this morning to find that Ben Wheatley had sent a request to follow my Insta account!!! Like WTF!!!!

Ahh that's great Craig!
Old 12-11-19, 11:13   #15153
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Ahh that's great Craig!
Yeah! I have no idea why... I don't really have anything Tomb Raider related on my profile either which is private. Maybe he just liked my profile pic? ha ha
Old 12-11-19, 12:04   #15154
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I'm so starved fir news I hope we hear something soon even if it is behind the scenes crew being added or something. I think the production designer being Paki Smith was a hoax because it's been removed from IMDB and there was no evidence to suggest otherwise. I also am thinking that this will film around February or March which was reported in because of Daniel Wu's involvement in his other project which wraps in January.

I hope if they do shoot in Norway that they use the setting's atmosphere and scope. I was disappointed in some scenes of the first film where they didn't utilise the full atmosphere of the environment. There were a few great shots here and there but not nearly as many to capture the natural beauty of Yamatai.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 12-11-19 at 12:47.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 13:04   #15155
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
IThere were a few great shots here and there but not nearly as many to capture the natural beauty of Yamatai.

The problem is that South Africa is not Japan ... and they could not take great shots during the whole movie. All the great shots were fakes with CGI. That was quite disappointing.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 13:15   #15156
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

There's a scene with Lara and Richard on the beach were she cuts his beard, the setting looked great in that scene I was surprised to see that there weren't that many great epic nature shots considering that Roar's previous films really showcased the setting.

I hope if they use more snowy locations they can really give us a larger sense of scope. Snowy peaks and forests are an absolute must. Hopefully they'll include an ice cave too. There's potential in using more realistic environments for a Rise adaptation that can keep the budget lower but still make it look more expensive than the first film if they get the cinematography right and chose a colour palette that pops.

The Northern Lights are visible sometimes in Siberia too so utilising a scene like that would be great.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 12-11-19 at 13:22.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 13:40   #15157
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

Quote:
I'm so starved fir news I hope we hear something soon even if it is behind the scenes crew being added or something. I think the production designer being Paki Smith was a hoax because it's been removed from IMDB and there was no evidence to suggest otherwise. I also am thinking that this will film around February or March which was reported in because of Daniel Wu's involvement in his other project which wraps in January.

I hope if they do shoot in Norway that they use the setting's atmosphere and scope. I was disappointed in some scenes of the first film where they didn't utilise the full atmosphere of the environment. There were a few great shots here and there but not nearly as many to capture the natural beauty of Yamatai.

I'd love to see a scene in an ice cave - this could be following Lara surviving an avalanche. The ice cave could use imagery straight out of the game - maybe even include a frozen gallon ship? How cool would that be, watching Lara ice-pick her way up to it?!

https://imgur.com/RDvvs0N

Old 12-11-19, 14:19   #15158
andre_costa
Explorer

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah! I have no idea why... I don't really have anything Tomb Raider related on my profile either which is private. Maybe he just liked my profile pic? ha ha
He followed me too last week and I also have no idea why he did that... I just followed him when he was announced to be the director and I liked some of his posts lol
I also don't have anything related to Tomb Raider, I just follow the Tomb Raider official account and the Tomb Raider movie official account

Last edited by andre_costa; 12-11-19 at 15:11.
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 14:27   #15159
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_costa View Post
I followed me too last week and I also have no idea why he did that... I just followed him when he was announced to be the director and I liked some of his posts lol
I also don't have any anything related to Tomb Raider, I just follow the Tomb Raider official account and the Tomb Raider movie official account
That's awesome! I guess I should start liking his pics
Old 12-11-19, 14:33   #15160
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_costa View Post
I followed me too last week and I also have no idea why he did that... I just followed him when he was announced to be the director and I liked some of his posts lol
I also don't have any anything related to Tomb Raider, I just follow the Tomb Raider official account and the Tomb Raider movie official account
Maybe he's doing some research? I've just commented on one of his pictures as its about a movie I studied at college and he replied to me. Proper geeking out!