www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 15-01-20, 22:45   #15551
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Finland, Russia, Iceland... Too many sites. Hard to believe.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 22:48   #15552
SoraSakai
Professor

One of my favorite moments in the 2018 film is when Anna is picking up Lara from the police station and Lara says “You’ve never ‘seen’ me.”

And it genuinely hurts Anna’s feelings. I really liked it.

Not sure where I was going with this lol
Old 15-01-20, 22:51   #15553
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Finland, Russia, Iceland... Too many sites. Hard to believe.
As Portugalraider points out, all these locations could just be possibles and not all will be in the final film.
Old 15-01-20, 22:56   #15554
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Hmm... Someones fibbing and filling out IMDB me thinks. It still hasn't been officially moved to pre-production by MGM. Last update was April 2019. Someone with IMDB Pro go in there and check for updates.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 23:07   #15555
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

The locations seem like there are way too many and I don't think they'd upload ones that they were just looking at until officially confirmed, the crew updates do seem more believable to me though considering they're all people who've worked on Ben Wheatley films.

I would be more inclined to think locations like Iceland and Finland would be the legitimate ones just because we've heard Alicia mention Greenland and the Faroe Islands plus a report they were looking at Norway, there would be a case there supporting a more Nordic environment. I feel like Russia and China are false. The movie would have to be long for Lara to globetrot all around these locations plus they'd need a lot of permits and for a film that hasn't begun shooting and is out in March 2021 time is of the essence.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 16-01-20 at 00:14.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 07:47   #15556
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
One of my favorite moments in the 2018 film is when Anna is picking up Lara from the police station and Lara says “You’ve never ‘seen’ me.”

And it genuinely hurts Anna’s feelings. I really liked it.

Not sure where I was going with this lol
That scene is so small and literally 2 seconds of dialogue but is one of the things that sticks with me regarding the film for some strange reason. I think it's Alicia's delivery of the line and Ana's reaction that makes it memorable. It's a less sincere and more strained relationship compared to the game counterpart. Interesting to see how they play out together in the next film, if it follows Rise.
James_Rutland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 08:06   #15557
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
That scene is so small and literally 2 seconds of dialogue but is one of the things that sticks with me regarding the film for some strange reason. I think it's Alicia's delivery of the line and Ana's reaction that makes it memorable. It's a less sincere and more strained relationship compared to the game counterpart. Interesting to see how they play out together in the next film, if it follows Rise.
Yeah! ^.^ it’s just interesting. It immediately humanizes the villain. Like, she has feelings. They were just hurt. They were hurt because of a thing Lara said. She clearly still cares about what Lara thinks of her.

It’s such a simple scene but it really develops so much about the villain and protagonists relationship to one another.
Old 16-01-20, 08:54   #15558
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Yeah! ^.^ it’s just interesting. It immediately humanizes the villain. Like, she has feelings. They were just hurt. They were hurt because of a thing Lara said. She clearly still cares about what Lara thinks of her.

It’s such a simple scene but it really develops so much about the villain and protagonists relationship to one another.
I agree This is why I have huge expectations about Ana as a character in the sequel.
Old 16-01-20, 10:30   #15559
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Ana's character in the movie has a lot of potential. We know that she and Lara have a relationship since Lara's childhood ("you are going to leave me with an employee" she says in the flashback) and we also know that Lara tells Ana that "she was not always interested in her" but then she thanks Ana when she laments the death of her father and Lara appoints her director of Croft Holding because she trusts her.

I want to know if Ana has feelings for Lara or she is simply an evil villain.

Kristin Scott Thomas is an actress of enormous talent ... I hope they take advantage of it and they create a three-dimensional villain
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 14:18   #15560
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Hopefully, they'll give a nice, red coat to keep her warm.
Yass!!!!

Last edited by AimlessThunder; 16-01-20 at 14:20.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote