www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 01-02-20, 17:10   #1
Maverin
Archaeologist

Lightbulb Brainstorming: enemies

Just a thread where I'd like to read which enemies you'd like to see in the next game. Be specific please.

I'd love to see something like the tribesmen in TRIII. Just a section where human enemies don't utilize guns.
I'd also love different human enemy types like in TRII; some who attack at close range and are buff and some who attack from afar but tend to be more squishy, with a bow for example.
Juggernaut types are always welcome later on in the game like we had in TR2013.

I'd really love to see underwater combat return too. But it should be expanded upon. If the scuba divers return, it would be really cool to have them use UPS as well. High speed underwater combat sounds like it could be fun.

Tell me your idea's! Get creative
Old 01-02-20, 17:16   #2
Costel
Archaeologist

More variety in supernatural enemies. Each of the reboot games had only one type of supernatural enemies.
Old 01-02-20, 17:24   #3
Aerie
Student

Yeees, underwater combat (especially sharks and crocodiles) and supernatural enemies like stone statues.(Wasn't ist scary how they came to live?)

Also animals like small spiders and bats and maybe monkeys.

Oh... and only a few humans here and there. Lara isn't a mass murderer.

Last edited by Aerie; 01-02-20 at 17:27.
Aerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 18:01   #4
Videogame
Hobbyist

There should be flying enemies and enemies that teleport.
Videogame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 18:09   #5
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

Way less human enemies, mainly animals as enemies (lions, pirhanas, snakes, gorillas, wasps, cros...), and a few special crazy enemies per game, such as living statues, centaurs and other mythological/supernatural/creative creatures. Even some scifi animals like dinosaurs. I think these more unique enemies should be kept at a minimum as to retain their awe factor.

It's hard to say more without knowing how the combat gameplay will be. If it has acrobatics, then an enemy with big arms (an orangutan!) could attack Lara up or below, forcing the player to jump or dodge accordingly.

Last edited by paulojr_mam; 01-02-20 at 18:15.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 06:39   #6
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

This is a bit random but: I think there should be female enemies, too.

It made sense for the Solarii, but I don't see why Trinity has only male soldiers...

Other than that I would like big bosses back, enemies that aren't only bullet sponges, you need to find their weak spots and a strategy to hit them.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 04-02-20 at 06:40.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 08:42   #7
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post

It made sense for the Solarii, but I don't see why Trinity has only male soldiers...

Other than that I would like big bosses back, enemies that aren't only bullet sponges, you need to find their weak spots and a strategy to hit them.
I think it would have made more sense for female solarii than it would for female trinity soldiers tbh, but yeah some female enemies would be cool even if it's just a small boss like Sophia was.

Spare us the spiders thanks, but any other kind of animal enemy I'm cool with.

Mythical creatures as enemies would be cool too, based on whatever culture she's graverobbing from from this week.

Old 04-02-20, 10:02   #8
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerie View Post
Yeees, underwater combat (especially sharks and crocodiles) and supernatural enemies like stone statues.(Wasn't ist scary how they came to live?)

Also animals like small spiders and bats and maybe monkeys.

Oh... and only a few humans here and there. Lara isn't a mass murderer.
Are you sure about that? Tomb Raider 2 wants to have words with you on that.

Its hard to say what enemies lara "should" encounter.
I found it always weird that literally everything seemed to want to kill her, from birds to spiders...as if the woman is oozing something that makes anybody want to kill her.

Less human enemies would be nice, but i can live with it if they dont reduce the numbers.

It all comes down to the combat system and how that evolves.

I dont want to go back to the time where laras sheer presence seemed to piss off every creature tha roams the location.
It needs to make sense and feel "natural".
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 10:43   #9
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post

Yes I agree completely. There should be a few females, we only had Anna as a female enemy so far but we never had any real combat with her.

Bosses do need to return. The jaguars were an okay boss fight but then we had to wait until the very end to get another one. I always liked the TRIII style. A boss after at the end of every chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Are you sure about that? Tomb Raider 2 wants to have words with you on that.

Its hard to say what enemies lara "should" encounter.
I found it always weird that literally everything seemed to want to kill her, from birds to spiders...as if the woman is oozing something that makes anybody want to kill her.

Less human enemies would be nice, but i can live with it if they dont reduce the numbers.

It all comes down to the combat system and how that evolves.

I dont want to go back to the time where laras sheer presence seemed to piss off every creature tha roams the location.
It needs to make sense and feel "natural".
I never gave this too much thought until now. The spiders and crows randomly attacking Lara is a bit weird. Panthers and sharks I get, but karpers really?

I'd be great to have some friendly animals roaming around, who only attack after you get too close or attack them first.
Old 04-02-20, 10:49   #10
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I never gave this too much thought until now. The spiders and crows randomly attacking Lara is a bit weird. Panthers and sharks I get, but karpers really?

I'd be great to have some friendly animals roaming around, who only attack after you get too close or attack them first.
Yeah, somehow every living creature in the TR universe hates Lara and wants her dead.
And they are surprisingly resistant considering you have to empty half a magazine into rats and stuff. XD

Oh it would be so cool to walk through the jungle and see all around you monkeys and snakes and so on that just sit around without attacking.
Having "friendly" animals around, would make the locations feel more lively.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote