www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Closed Thread

Old 20-11-06, 09:07   #101
Uvavoo
Archaeologist

No, the two are mutually exclusive.
Old 20-11-06, 09:53   #102
Titak

Too bad. Would have been a nice addition to the patching world.

I like the effect of a fogbulb but I've been using the distant fog ever since you told me how to make it work!
My levels look better with the distant fog in it.
Old 20-11-06, 10:27   #103
GodOfLight

i remember pyausmuch saying it was possible to have both distant fog and volumetric effects such as fog bulbs together, however the fog bulbs would all have the same color as the distant fog... which is why i think he hasnt bothered implementing it yet. i'm pretty sure he said something along those lines maybe he'll reply to this and clarify it all

i honestly wouldnt mind if my fog bulbs are the same color as my distant fog... i could make it work. i need to use distant fog cause some of my levels and outdoor areas have such a long drawing distance, but it's a shame i can never make any use of a simple fog bulb
Old 20-11-06, 10:55   #104
Uvavoo
Archaeologist

Distance fog requires Volumetrix FX =OFF, Fog bulbs require volumentric FX=ON. I hope this can be worked around. Nevertheless with TREP, distance fog is not needed at all as huge drawing distances can be achieved, but I like the look of it nevertheless (distance fog).
Old 20-11-06, 10:57   #105
Pyuaumch
Historian

Yes, GodOfLight, you are right. Actually i've never tried to combine fog bulbs and distant fog, but it's 100% true that both these features share same colour. For example, if you will set FOG=255,0,0 in your script file and then place fog bulb in your level, you will see that it will appear as red fog bulb (unless you will change color with flipeffect 22; mutually, distant fog colour will change in this case too, if you've turned off vol. FX in options window). I don't understand why Our Dearest Core Design Programmers wrote volumetric fog feature in such cr@ppy way . Maybe it's because of DirectX 6 limits, but i really don't think so...

P.S.: Also, now you can test long-awaited Flare Bug patch. Flare Bug was caused by dynamic light buffer overflow (max. 32 simultaneous lights), now this buffer increased from 32 to 127 lights (maximum possible number, further increasing will require major code changes). So please test it carefully, i hope it will work right. New patch is available in updated patches.drc file (link posted above by Uvavoo).
Old 20-11-06, 11:00   #106
Uvavoo
Archaeologist

Hi Pyuaumch, thanks for the info.
Did you notice my post a couple back about FLIPMAP bug?

If you have voumetric FX = on you will get the default distance fog colour of black btw.

Last edited by Uvavoo; 20-11-06 at 11:01.
Old 20-11-06, 11:05   #107
Pyuaumch
Historian

Yeah, i've noticed it. It was already requested at TRLE-Community board, and i've answered there that i don't want to change savegame structure, therefore i can't fix this bug. Additionally, i simply don't know how to use flipmaps, so i even can't test it. If you will create test level with more than 9 flipmaps and upload it somewhere, maybe i can help you.
Old 20-11-06, 11:10   #108
Uvavoo
Archaeologist

Ok, thanks, (it was probably me who posted the question before, doh!).
I will knock a quick level together for testing and send/upload it.
Old 20-11-06, 13:31   #109
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyuaumch
Yes, GodOfLight, you are right. Actually i've never tried to combine fog bulbs and distant fog, but it's 100% true that both these features share same colour. For example, if you will set FOG=255,0,0 in your script file and then place fog bulb in your level, you will see that it will appear as red fog bulb (unless you will change color with flipeffect 22; mutually, distant fog colour will change in this case too, if you've turned off vol. FX in options window).
This feature could be used though. Using a basic distant fog, and then in a particular room you use the flipeffect for changing the fogcolour and than that room has a different distant fog. I can picture a lava cave in which the distant fog turns to red, making the place look really hot.

I'm going to experiment with this a bit in my HM levels.
Old 20-11-06, 13:34   #110
QRS
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uvavoo
I will knock a quick level together for testing and send/upload it.

POTA IV maybe? j/k
Closed Thread