Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 06-06-19, 16:01   #1
boleklo_lo

Post Flying thing in JUNGLE level?

Hey, i've been looking for way to spawn this weird underwater thing from Luds gate, i already know what to do, but game crash in some moment,

i used fexmerger to add laras anim and this thing, then spawned it with Tritem.

Help

The great chi will be welcome
boleklo_lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 18:10   #2
Maverin

You are trying to get the U.P.V. [= underwater propulsion vehicle] to spawn and work wherever you want it to, more specifically the first level. Correct? There are modders that can help you, like The great Chi you already mentioned. You should also post this in the modding section of the forums. That will probably increase your chances of getting proper help.

Good luck and have fun
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 17:38   #3
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Hi, Unfortunately the UPV does not work in the Jungle level, as it crashes when Lara tries to get on it, no mater where you place the UPV. There must be a sub-program of an other item within the Jungle level, that affects the UPV program that causes it to crash, as many other TR3 levels work fine with the UPV.

Coastal village UPV demo...
Here is a Coastal village level UPV demo I made, and it works OK.

Note that any water or quicksand on the ground sucks the UPV from the skies, no matter how high up Lara is. So I have removed most of the water and all of the quicksand. I call it the 'vortex effect', as Lara gets sucked down into a vortex, he he ....

If you do get sucked down into the water just get to the edge and maneuver your way out of the water.

UPV is found here near the hut, after your swim in from the start ....

Download Shore UPV demo....
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5gsamu.../Shore+UPV.zip

Last edited by The Great Chi; 07-06-19 at 17:44.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 07:12   #4
boleklo_lo

Thanks! Ya da Best!
boleklo_lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 08:26   #5
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

No problem boleklo_lo, well except for the Jungle level, ha ha

Count down timer....
When Lara is on the UPV there is a count down timer running on how long she can 'breathe' while on it, even though she is now in the air, and she will die after a while if she does not get off the UPV

To explore further, you have fly to another area, then land the UPV very flat on the ground, save the game, then get off the UPV. Then get back on the UPV again, to explorer more

By saving the game before you get off the UPV, this is useful in case she cannot get back on the UPV if you have not landed flat and on the ground, so you can use load to try a landing again.
Old 25-06-19, 04:55   #6
mizuno_suisei

This might have been overlooked but have you checked if you've copied Laras vehicle animations to JUNGLE? I know in TR4 there is an extra item specifically for vehicle anims but im unsure about tr3, they could be within Luds Gate' LARA file
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 08:47   #7
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
This might have been overlooked but have you checked if you've copied Laras vehicle animations to JUNGLE? I know in TR4 there is an extra item specifically for vehicle anims but im unsure about tr3, they could be within Luds Gate' LARA file
Those UPV animations were put in along with the UPV itself, but unfortunately it does not work.

I think it is due to some other 'item' program running specifically in that level that interferes with the UPV program and causes crashing. The second Lara tries to get on the UPV it crashes.

Could be the monkey program or the village natives program, who knows?, unless you could remove item programs running in the Jungle level, to prove what is causing the interference with the UPV, but that's not easy, if it is even possible at all

Anyway the UPV works fine in most other TR3 levels as per my SHORE demo above