www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 25-09-20, 04:39   #3331
HaniHeger
Student

How do you add a new sound effect at SoundTool? What I did was going at "Add new sound info" and then browsing the sound effect that I had placed in the Sounds folder, but both in the SoundTool and in the game the sound effect doesn't play, this may have something to do with the catalogs I suppose? If instead of creating a new sound info, I replace the WAV from an already existing one, it doesn't work either.
Old 25-09-20, 16:02   #3332
NoMercy2014
Hobbyist

How does one change/replace animations in WadTool? I am attempting to but I can't seem to figure it out.
Old 25-09-20, 17:40   #3333
AshySlashy
Student

@HaniHeger, hmm, idk. I did it the same way and the new sound worked. Make sure your wav sample is 44100 Hz stereo. I use online audio converter for that purpose.
Old 25-09-20, 18:15   #3334
TokyoSU
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshySlashy View Post
@HaniHeger, hmm, idk. I did it the same way and the new sound worked. Make sure your wav sample is 44100 Hz stereo. I use online audio converter for that purpose.
44 is for audio, 22050 is for sfx
Old 25-09-20, 18:34   #3335
HaniHeger
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshySlashy View Post

When I built the level it showed me the problems, didn't saw it before!

The ID of the sound was 0370 and the file had more than 254kg, but even after fixing those two things, and making sure that it is 44100 Hz stereo, the sound still didn't play. But I think I'll change and play this with the PlayAudio trigger instead of using SoundSource, what I wanted was to make a song only heard when close to it, but since it can barely be longer than 4 seconds, it wouldn't work.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSU View Post
Oh.. that explains some stuff, I'll try it rn just for the sake of it

Edit2: Nah still didn't work

Last edited by HaniHeger; 25-09-20 at 18:43.
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 19:35   #3336
AshySlashy
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSU View Post
Good to know, thanks
Old 26-09-20, 00:45   #3337
not again!
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy2014 View Post
How does one change/replace animations in WadTool? I am attempting to but I can't seem to figure it out.
What exactly are you trying to do? Importing a new animation directly from a modeling software, or an animation that's already in .trw file format? If it's the latter then WadTool can't import the .trw file directly - you have to import the animation into a wad the traditional way (using Wadmerger). From that wad you can then export the animation as .xml using WadTool and import it into your .wad2
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-20, 07:08   #3338
TokyoSU
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
The ID of the sound was 0370 and the file had more than 254kg, but even after fixing those two things, and making sure that it is 44100 Hz stereo, the sound still didn't play. But I think I'll change and play this with the PlayAudio trigger instead of using SoundSource, what I wanted was to make a song only heard when close to it, but since it can barely be longer than 4 seconds, it wouldn't work.
did you start the level at the range of the sound or elsewhere far from it ?
if it's far maybe you not selected/write the "looped" flag, if it's a ambiant sound like TR2 water, else it will play only once :x
also 370 is the limit of sound for TR3 did you are working with tomb3.exe ?
Old 26-09-20, 17:51   #3339
YumaS2Astral
Hobbyist

I am facing an annoying bug with the new Tomb Editor version (1.3.6). This bug wasn't present in the old version I was using (I don't exactly remember which one it was).

https://i.imgur.com/RymAWqF.png

I am trying to make this simple trigger setup where you use a switch, then it activates the door, and it switches to a camera focusing on the door itself. Nothing high.

The problem? Everytime I try to add the "target the door" trigger option, it for some reason, is automatically placed to a position before the "camera" trigger.

This causes an unfortunate effect in-game, where when I activate the switch, it switches to that camera, but the camera doesn't focus on the door, but on Lara herself. I don't want that. I want the camera to focus on the door.

I know that placing the "target the door" trigger after the "camera" trigger will make it focus the door, but for some reason everytime I try to do that, the "target the door" trigger is ALWAYS placed before the "camera" trigger; and I can't change the order of the triggers (or at least I don't know how to).

This did not used to happen in the old Tomb Editor version. It is annoying, I know most of time the trigger order doesn't matter, but in that particular case, it does.

Last edited by YumaS2Astral; 26-09-20 at 18:02.
YumaS2Astral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-20, 18:00   #3340
AkyV

Exclamation

1024x768 image is the maximum size allowed.
Please modify it.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote