Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 19-09-18, 20:28   #481
Zreen001

My guess is a pair of Lara's TLR sunglasses
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 20:30   #482
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.gluch View Post
I wonder if they'll auction it. Can't imagine it being first come first serve, doesn't seem fair for 1 item. Maybe a draft?
No auction. We will have 1 super pledge. Unfortunately the item is original and one of kind (was not produced or anything like it) hence such quantity.

Quote:
You guys should've talked Square into letting you use Core's TRAE as a pledge reward . (I know, I know, I'm being delusional but a boy can dream, right ?)
once this is funded and sorted we will start looking into getting more trae assets published

Quote:
sth that was used during the actual production of the original soundtracks or some other object directly related to the history of the franchise.
oh we have two of those as well
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 20:39   #483
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zreen001 View Post
My guess is a pair of Lara's TLR sunglasses
Not quite that.
The reason why we have various physical reward is because we need significantly more money than, say TRS.
As we need arrangements to be done from scratch (TRS had those done from the concert, which came before album) naturally we need extra cash and it doesn't come cheap.
And so, we had a discussion with a few passionate fans (including myself) and some Core Design peeps as to what we could produce OR source that would generate enough money to make this all happen. Hence why we have super pledges and such.
the only MASS produced pledge rewards are the albums themselves and posters (double sided, non glossy so you won't get cracks between the seams). Everything else is unique and very exclusive and limited edition. If it is fan-produced there won't be the case of "due to popular demand we are adding a few more of these statues/amulets" - once they're gone - they're gone Naturally any other "artefacts" are also in very limited quantities and we won't be replicating those. Fans want original stuff (we know as we're fans ourselves) and we are making it happen.

BTW, if it's ok with mods, I'd like to repost Peter's interviews
https://survivorreborn.wordpress.com...ngel-symphony/

https://tombraiderweb.net/2018/09/10...eter-connelly/

https://alsurvive.com/2018/09/12/dar...eter-connelly/

and interview with our artist Inna
https://trdarkangel.com/2018/09/17/i...na-vjuzhanina/

Last edited by ashka; 19-09-18 at 21:28.
Old 20-09-18, 08:04   #484
Jorje Croft

I know its 2018 and everything is modernized but... I'd still use original Lara model for the cover. she is so iconic. that pretty photoshopped girl ruins atmosphere for me.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 08:29   #485
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
I know its 2018 and everything is modernized but... I'd still use original Lara model for the cover. she is so iconic. that pretty photoshopped girl ruins atmosphere for me.
Actually it's a full on original drawing. No photoshopped girls
Old 20-09-18, 09:03   #486
Conz

Hi Everyone,

Our aim for TDA was always with a “for the fans, by the fans” frame of mind and, so far, I impressed with their input. I am extremely happy with the team I’m working with, they work very hard to make sure this project goes smoothly and to the best of our abilities and all in their own time (I have a day job too) but there is no way this could happen without them, even if I spent 100% of my time on TDA.

Admittedly, this Campaign, we will be asking for a lot (it’s not going to be astronomical or unrealistic) and that’s purely because EVERYTHING is being done from the ground up… i.e. we’re starting from scratch. But, the key thing is, the main reward tiers will be within reach for most and they’re in such a way that they’re easy to understand (mostly cumulative with some Limited Editions) and, I totally get that some of the upper tiers might not be within reach for most but that’s how these campaigns roll. The thing about TDA KS Rewards, are that they will be strictly LIMITED EDITION.

This is a non-profit campaign. If we hit our target, only those that MUST be paid get paid (arrangers, orchestras, studios, pressing, products). I don’t plan on taking any cut of this, even if I have, so far, ploughed £1000’s of my own money into this project. The orchestra alone (only the finest handpicked by Isobel Griffith) will cost between £60k - £80k and that’s a huge chunk of what we will be asking. Obviously, we will be looking to spend any additional funds in other ways.

Regarding the Lara Statuette, this is directly proportional to the one we see in TR5… that was our aim. It’s true to its original form so we will show it from various other angles, ASAP, to give you a better idea of how it looks.

Regards,
Peter

Last edited by Conz; 20-09-18 at 13:49.
Conz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 16:06   #487
Nerdy

Are you also planning on live orchestra in the UK?
Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 16:41   #488
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdy View Post
Are you also planning on live orchestra in the UK?
As per this interview:

"Are you planning to host any live concerts featuring the music of The Dark Angel Symphony?

Our original plan was to do a Live Concert followed with an album so, if it’s affordable and the time is right, I don’t see why not. If we make enough extra funds from the KS Campaign, it’s likely we will use these extra funds to put on a “Free” show to the first, however many people, who support us. It’s not cheap putting on a live show though so, as of right now, we haven’t totally written off the idea… please, watch this space!"

There will be a pledge reward for attendance the live recording though.
Old 20-09-18, 18:06   #489
Nerdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
As per this interview:

"Are you planning to host any live concerts featuring the music of The Dark Angel Symphony?

Our original plan was to do a Live Concert followed with an album so, if it’s affordable and the time is right, I don’t see why not. If we make enough extra funds from the KS Campaign, it’s likely we will use these extra funds to put on a “Free” show to the first, however many people, who support us. It’s not cheap putting on a live show though so, as of right now, we haven’t totally written off the idea… please, watch this space!"

There will be a pledge reward for attendance the live recording though.

“Free show”? Not like the tombraider suite? I understand the free show is meant to people who fund it. But I dont mind paying a ticket if I dont fund the project.
Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 19:47   #490
HarleyCroft

Thanks for all the updates!

This is quite exciting.. the Angel of Darkness musical score is still as dramatic and beautiful today as it was when I first heard it 15 years ago!

The Parisian Ghetto track is my all-time favourite background track for studying.. it's calming and soft, yet brain-stimulating at the same time ♡ There are so many unique and memorable motifs within the whole soundtrack and hearing it live will probably be electric
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote