Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 11-07-17, 12:36   #571
SLAYER

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Could you post a pic of your settings? My Lara doesn't have any glossyness up until Biodome.
This may depend on the files and mods you have installed. Newer versions contain an exaggerated gloss effect.
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 12:42   #572
Caesum

I didn't know TRAOD can see more than one GPU at a time. Does it do anything?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 13:01   #573
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Do you think a fix than re-enables blood would be somehow useful? I could include it in my multi-patcher.
That would be cool! I was thinking about trying to copy files from the German version into the English one to get the game running in German and uncut at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I didn't know TRAOD can see more than one GPU at a time. Does it do anything?
Nope. It also lists my keyboard and mouse several times. Maybe this has to do with how the game detects HID hardware. I certainly know that F.E.A.R. 1 has problems with the detection of HID hardware which makes the game running slow because it constantly checks for them, so I would guess that such old games in general have a different way of detecting hardware.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 14:53   #574
_Alex_

@nakamichi680 would it be possible that the invisible objects in the unfinished tutorial are just inverted textures? They might have not had time to delete ALL of the textures from levels, so maybe to save time they just inverted it. You did fix obvious flipped textures in other levels.

Also can you scan/load all levels like that (geometry view)? I think think there might be more areas hidden in the level files.

Last edited by _Alex_; 11-07-17 at 15:06.
_Alex_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 20:40   #575
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
That would be cool! I was thinking about trying to copy files from the German version into the English one to get the game running in German and uncut at the same time.
I don't have the Steam executable but I believe it's the same of the original cd build, Square Enix say they don't have the source code so there's no way that they're selling a recompiled version.
As far as I know the game picks the language from the OS so maybe your Windows language or Steam language are set to English, this is why it doesn't run in German.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Alex_ View Post
@nakamichi680 would it be possible that the invisible objects in the unfinished tutorial are just inverted textures? They might have not had time to delete ALL of the textures from levels, so maybe to save time they just inverted it. You did fix obvious flipped textures in other levels.

Also can you scan/load all levels like that (geometry view)? I think think there might be more areas hidden in the level files.
There are two types of meshes inside map files and my exporter can export only type 1 at the moment. Hidden objects could be in the type 2 mesh portion of the file in a disabled status but I think it's unlikely. I'm pretty sure they're missing, it's not a texture issue.

p.s. I didn't flip textures but polygons.

Last edited by nakamichi680; 11-07-17 at 20:47.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 11:30   #576
_Alex_

Oh my bad well you've done a wonderful job discovering this hidden area

EDIT: I was using your map to try and find the hidden room, but I got distracted and went to the room where you swim up to start the next level. A) Boaz is dead and B) once you (as Lara) go to the door (the one she goes through at the end of the game) it triggers the last cutscene of the Boaz level and goes to The Last Domain.

I will try and find that hidden room now.

Last edited by _Alex_; 12-07-17 at 12:35.
Old 12-07-17, 13:46   #577
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Alex_ View Post
Oh my bad well you've done a wonderful job discovering this hidden area

EDIT: I was using your map to try and find the hidden room, but I got distracted and went to the room where you swim up to start the next level. A) Boaz is dead and B) once you (as Lara) go to the door (the one she goes through at the end of the game) it triggers the last cutscene of the Boaz level and goes to The Last Domain.

I will try and find that hidden room now.
It was an April fool
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 14:37   #578
_Alex_

Dang it...I should pay attention to all of the posts and post dates Even if it was it did help me find a patch of water a few steps outside the last room where you swim up to Boaz Returns

Last edited by _Alex_; 12-07-17 at 14:39.
Old 12-07-17, 15:21   #579
Wooxman

Quote:
I don't have the Steam executable but I believe it's the same of the original cd build, Square Enix say they don't have the source code so there's no way that they're selling a recompiled version.
As far as I know the game picks the language from the OS so maybe your Windows language or Steam language are set to English, this is why it doesn't run in German.
Nope. The Steam version is only available in English. I also own CD versions of AoD in German and English and they're two different versions.

And I'm sure that the executable is the one from the original discs since Core didn't implement any DRM and the game always could be played without the CD/DVD in the drive.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 18:43   #580
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
It could have been ... if only it wasn't an April Fool
dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote